Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Cat-back: HKS Hi-Power vs. Buschur w/ Bullet

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2011, 11:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mzderrick04
He said sir and sir refers to a man. I was just stating that I am not of the male persuasion. I am married and not looking for "e-humping". Anyways, I was asking for opinions on exhaust nothing more. Yeah the HKS is already on the car and paid for, but I wanted to know what the Buschur one was like. I had the Buschur cat-back on my X when I had it and loved it. It's not really about the results as it is the sound. I can make the power other places. I am only trying for around 400hp because this is a DD street car and we have another car that is for high HP and track times.

So again, I thank you for y'alls advice. And no there will be no pics of myself posted on this thread. Some of you know who I am even if you cant figure it out. Lol

Fair enough, but you must know simply saying you're female can derail a thread pretty quick.

Back on topic I've heard both exhausts and Buschur definitely sounds better IMO. At the same time I find it pointless to replace a perfectly good exhaust for sound. I also want to replace my TBE for a Buschur one, but can't justify the price for just that. Plus I think people like the HKS exhausts as well as far as sound is concerned.

Good luck on the decision, but if you're looking for sound just having the muffler replaced might be cheaper.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 05:32 AM

HKS ftw. I have it on my car with a test pipe. I like both exhaust sounds, but the BR is just too loud for me. HKS is deeper and not raspy at all. Power wise, there wont be a noticeable difference between the 2. My 2 cents.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 05:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by SRTRaceR04
Fair enough, but you must know simply saying you're female can derail a thread pretty quick.

Back on topic I've heard both exhausts and Buschur definitely sounds better IMO. At the same time I find it pointless to replace a perfectly good exhaust for sound. I also want to replace my TBE for a Buschur one, but can't justify the price for just that. Plus I think people like the HKS exhausts as well as far as sound is concerned.

Good luck on the decision, but if you're looking for sound just having the muffler replaced might be cheaper.
Listen, nobody asked you for your opinion regarding how they spend their money. That's their business, NOT YOURS. Why do you feel it necessary to even comment on something like this? The OP was simply wanting opinions about the potential sound and performance difference. She could obviously care less if you think she's spending her money wisely or not. Furthermore, nobody else cares what you think about this either

Last edited by way2qik; Feb 18, 2011 at 05:43 AM.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 08:43 AM
Evolving Member

Like someone said earlier, just purchase the rear section and have a local shop weld it to your existing exhaust. That is if all you're looking for is the sound.
Old Feb 19, 2011, 12:49 AM

I know this isnt a part of your options, but I just figured I would let you know you should check out the Blitz NUR spec. I cant say that I have heard it on this car, but I have had it on my single turbo mkiv supra and it was literally sex. I have heard good things about it on the evo, so I would at the very least listen to a sound clip online before you make a final decision. Just my .2 cents.

Of the ones you said though, I prefre HKS.
Old Feb 19, 2011, 10:21 AM

for DD buschur is a good choice
Old Feb 19, 2011, 09:27 PM

I listened to both and you just cannot beat the Buschur Bullet sound. Plus if you do not like the JDM lean like me, go with BR. Man I should have went with the bullet instead of the magnaflow tip.
Old Feb 19, 2011, 10:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would go for the Buschur. I had the HKS on my Evo V and didn't like anything about it. Plus the Buschur sounds meaner and louder. It might be too loud though.
Old Feb 20, 2011, 10:29 AM

i would say buschur exhuast! you wont be disapointed! but they are load! might nit be good for a DD. you might attract unwanted attention.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 05:59 AM

Thanks guys for all you input. I think after I buy a couple more parts I will be replacing the HKS with the BR exhaust. I heard one on a 9 this past weekend and I like the agressiveness of it more. Plus he doesnt have any other upgrades so I can only imagine what it will sound like on mine!
Old Feb 22, 2011, 06:06 AM
Evolved Member

that HKS is costing you power. it necks-down to 2.5" right where it bolts to the cat...