Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

my problems at 13k miles

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2003, 06:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my problems at 13k miles

ok i have 13k miles on my car and these are the problems ive had with this car.

at 3 k miles ive had the throw out bearin replaced due to somthing "coming loose".

i had them do the recall on my car. i think it had somthin to do with the computer geting wet due to bad weather striping.

i do have whistling from my driverside door when i go past 60mph.

at 13k miles i had them shave my rotors dues to warpage(spelling?). this was my problem i mean 13k miles and the rotors were warped already.

and i recently descovered that my stock exhaust has made my bumper yellow(on my silver evo). the dealership does not know what to do but they have contacted the head mistu reps about this problem becuase. i have the most miles out of all the evo's sold there so im the ghenney pig(sp). i think ive had the most problems too which sucks. i might get a new bumper out of all this but, they might not give me a new bumper becuase it will be a recuring issue. they said somthing about a new exhaust. i think and extended one. but i said i dont want that and for them to just replace my bumper. i wont know what the deal is till monday.

those are my problems as of 13k miles.
Old Dec 12, 2003, 06:26 PM

When did you pick up your car? I've only got 3600 miles on my Evo and I took delivery in May. Although I don't have anywhere near your mileage, I don't have any of your issues. And the discolored bumper? That's plain weird.
Old Dec 12, 2003, 06:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm at 8400 and I haven't found anyt problems yet. If i wanna nit pick my clutch chatters slightly when the engine/gear box is cold. I tihnk my passanger door creaks too, but it might be the interior panel from the aftermarket speakers. I don't know...
Old Dec 12, 2003, 06:35 PM
Evolved Member

Is she stock still? I noticed on mine I was getting soot on my bumper from my exhaust. But i installed my s-afc and it cleared that up fast.
Old Dec 12, 2003, 06:37 PM
Evolving Member

yup she is all stock. but i driver her normal. im on the stock clutch and it is still the same as i got it ..
Old Dec 12, 2003, 06:42 PM
Evolving Member

On the whistling, have them REPLACE the mirror and mirror base/housing, my housing was warped (the black triangular peice that the mirror is attached to) you could see a visible gap. Compare it to your passengers side, it's not the weather stripping, and dont let them comvince you to "bend" the top part of the door in.

Bobby
Old Dec 12, 2003, 07:02 PM
Evolving Member

hahaha.. bend the door frame or somthing. thats the dumbest thing ive ever heard. did they try that on your car?
Old Dec 13, 2003, 01:58 AM
Evolving Member

no but I have heard them do that to other member's cars
Old Dec 13, 2003, 08:15 AM
Evolving Member

Run a search on "brake shudder(ing)" your rotors may not be warped. The stock pads are a bit too soft and your driving habits may be leaving a deposit on the rotors leaving a warped type charactaristic that you are feeling. Look for a link in the resulting threads to "stoptech" and read that article, it explains everything very well. I rebroke in my stock pads as they explained in that article, it did not clear the problem up completely but it did help alot. I am going to get my rotors turned and get new pads soon to cure it up all the way.
Old Dec 13, 2003, 01:19 PM
Evolving Member

ok.. how many miles do you have though?
Old Dec 13, 2003, 01:42 PM
Evolving Member

I have 8000+ miles on mine and no problems like yours. In fact, I don't have any problems with the car.
Old Dec 13, 2003, 03:28 PM
Evolved Member

Just over 5,000 miles here and no problems at all!
Old Dec 13, 2003, 04:59 PM
Evolving Member

well i dont know then. i guess i got the bad seed.
Old Dec 13, 2003, 05:15 PM
Evolved Member

9000 and no problems at all. Well, the occasional 2nd gear grind.
Old Dec 15, 2003, 06:06 AM

18,000 miles already, In 5 months to the day. Yes I drive way to much. I plan to get a milage car soon but back to the point. I have no serious problems. Definatly the soot on the bumper of my yellow evo. Will they do anything to remedy this issue? Clutch is fine, no high speed wind noises, brakes feel great, although it does seem slow now (I think thats just in my head), and one speaker rattels whenever I am not in the service dept. parking lot that has been pissing me off the most. Overall I love it and can lodge no real complaints other then the bumper, I will start pushing the dealer on that issue at my next oil change.

Quick Reply: my problems at 13k miles