Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

WTF closed hood and now fuel pump doesnt work???

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2011, 11:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WTF closed hood and now fuel pump doesnt work???

UPDATE:
okay guys heres the update.. the white with red stripe wire that went to both coils had a short in it somewhere by the shift linkage. so what i did is just cut all 3 ends from both coils and the harness by the fuse box that i posted in page 2 and ran my own wire to both coils and WALA car turned right on.. no short no fuse blowing and you can hear the fuel pump once again.. but thanks guys i appreciate all the help

----------------------------------------------------------------------
update:
well found out that the 10a fuse that keeps blowing is the Ignition coil fuse.. well now at least i know its a ignition related issue

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Well today I was I bleeding the coolant system while car was on.. when I went to close the hood and get into the car it randomly shut off...??? So I thought I shorted something and blew a fuse. I checkked and pulled all the fuses under the hood and they all seem fine. Looked at all the power wires alternator, starter and 4 gauge power wire running to the battery in the trunk. Everything looks good nothin shorted everything loomed and taped like its suppose to with nothing exposed. I go and check the fuses inside the car and found the only fuse to be blown is the first fuse in top left corner 10a engine fuse... so I changed it and went to start and noticed I didn't hear fuel pump. Ihad a buddy lift seat up and listen and couldn't hear the walbro 255 at all.. so I go to start the car and same issue where it just cranks over and won't start because the fuel pump isn't on and feeding fuel. I check fuse and its blown again.. what do you guys think?.. what all runs to that fuse so I no where exactly to trace the wires etc.. any input is welcome

Its a 2003 evo 8 gsr
255 walbro fuel pump
1600 cc injectors
Ams fuel rail
Half a tank of gas

TOP left 10a engine fuse keeps blowing

Last edited by Darkn3s; Mar 7, 2011 at 05:35 AM.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

10a fuse shows that its for the "ignition coil".. hmmm

Last edited by Darkn3s; Feb 27, 2011 at 07:07 PM.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 09:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
your motor blew?!
Old Feb 26, 2011, 09:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
How would you blow your motor from shutting the hood?? You need to take your car somewhere and have it checked out. This sounds a lot like a short somewhere otherwise the fuse would not keep blowing out. Even if your engine "blew up" it would not cause fuses to keep blowing.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 04:24 PM
Evolved Member

No it didn't blow but figured if I typed something dumb like that it would get ppl's attention and feedback on what they thought the issue could be.. but thanks bro I think it may be a short somewhere but not sure which wires to check first... any help
Old Feb 27, 2011, 04:38 PM
Evolving Member

I dont have an evo but i know on my 06 ralliart i kept popping the 10a engine fuse. Turned out it was because of my o2 sim. The wires were cut open from rubbing against my exhaust heat shield. Everytime they touched together it popped the 10a engine fuse. Hope this helps, its a start.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 06:42 PM
Evolved Member

just went out to the car and did the following...

-disconnected the harness from the fuel pump and just turned it to the on position.. fuse still blew

-pulled the injector harness, coil pack harness, o2 sensor harness and moved around a bit to see if it was touching something to short out .. but no luck fuse still blew as soon as i turn the key to the on position (without turning on the car)

- i will try and pull out the whole harness that goes above the intake manifold harness out and see if its burnt or a short in any section to make sure the loom is completely covering every part.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 08:03 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
sounds like theres a cut / pinched wire somewhere shorting out when rubbing against something.. be very patient and check everything you can.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 08:39 PM

you need a wiring diagram, find out what that fuse powers, trace the circuit(s) and take it from there....
Old Feb 27, 2011, 09:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TunerHead24
you need a wiring diagram, find out what that fuse powers, trace the circuit(s) and take it from there....
yeh i know thats the next move

someone also said to check the o2 housing harness.. its common for it to short out when touching the o2 housing
Old Feb 27, 2011, 11:31 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ralliart610
I dont have an evo but i know on my 06 ralliart i kept popping the 10a engine fuse. Turned out it was because of my o2 sim. The wires were cut open from rubbing against my exhaust heat shield. Everytime they touched together it popped the 10a engine fuse. Hope this helps, its a start.
Thanks i will check that very soon, because i have the same blowing fuse issue.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 12:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by blacktab420
Thanks i will check that very soon, because i have the same blowing fuse issue.
yeh same here.. let me know if u have any luck before i post on here after checking
Old Feb 28, 2011, 04:19 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

I'm in a rush, short on time... don't rule out coincidence as far as the hood closing goes. At the same time make damn sure there is nothing being pushed on by the hood (UICP?) that pushes on something else if you know what I mean. Shoot me a PM with where you are at now, and when I get a chance to breathe, I'll see if i can't throw some ideas at you based off what you tell me.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 05:35 AM
Evolved Member

prob fixed thanks
Old Mar 10, 2011, 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

Awesome! I could have helped if i looked an my inbox earlier. lol.