Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Please read and give me your opinion "Fellow Member threatening legal action"

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2011, 05:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by i love my evo
Sounds like someone didn't know what he was buying...
THIS^^

Homie will never ante up to get a lawyer....stand your ground man. He should have checked FIRST before committing, to see if it would work with his setup.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 05:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by cstylez52
Give him his money back for what reason? He got exactly what was advertised and in brand new condition when he received it. Why should I have to go through the bother again of trying to sell it?

You don't have to; but if there was a misunderstanding on his part and he is willing to pay any fees and shipping back to you then it would be a nice thing to do for him....

But given his threatening attitude, I would be inclined to do exactly what you are doing
Old Feb 26, 2011, 05:34 AM
Evolving Member

he should have known what he was buying, and I HIGHLY doubt he will sue you as it will probably cost more to sue you than what he paid for the parts, yea I wouldve have proabably refunded at his shipping expense but since he wants to threaten to take you to court....i'd tell em "take me to judge judy fool"

Last edited by 4bangn; Feb 26, 2011 at 05:35 AM. Reason: error
Old Feb 26, 2011, 08:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4bangn
he should have known what he was buying, and I HIGHLY doubt he will sue you as it will probably cost more to sue you than what he paid for the parts, yea I wouldve have proabably refunded at his shipping expense but since he wants to threaten to take you to court....i'd tell em "take me to judge judy fool"
I hate that lady
Old Feb 26, 2011, 08:39 AM
Evolving Member

its called 'buying at one's own consent.' It's funny because this reminds me of how I just sold my IS300 and the lady that bought it from me, found me on facebook and demanded that I give her maintainence records for her lawyer because she was threatening to take me to court for the car being a 'hazard to her daughter's life' because the headlights were connected improperly and it could cause a fire per her mechanic LOL.Till you (you wont, trust me) get that subpoena in the mail for a summons to court, you dont even have to waste your time talking to that person. People who buy something without doing the proper research on forums are responsible soley. Especially when you do everything right on your part as the seller which I can see you have.
Good luck!
Old Feb 26, 2011, 04:53 PM

yea, you aren't a really nice guy. Asked for my $$ back, and he wont do it. Even offered to pay back his shipping. ITs sad that we have people like this on EvoM . Thought we were a family here. I guess not. If i was in his shoes , i would have helped the person out. was an honest mistake.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 04:59 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by texasevo
yea, you aren't a really nice guy. Asked for my $$ back, and he wont do it. Even offered to pay back his shipping. ITs sad that we have people like this on EvoM . Thought we were a family here. I guess not. If i was in his shoes , i would have helped the person out. was an honest mistake.
Heh, I'm not sure how often one family member threatens to sue another, going as far as to promise to leave negative feedback for his own mistake. There is such a thing as taking responsibility for your own actions.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 05:18 PM
Evolving Member

This is why I left America too much BS. Everyone wants to sue everyone.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 05:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by texasevo
should have known what you were buying. do research before buying anything. someone bought a gm 3port off me a while ago and they decided they wanted the gruppe-s version the next day. i said no refund, it works great and it is exactly what i listed for sale. if you dont want it or it wont work for you, trade it or sell it. you say its sad to have people like this... i say its sad there are people like you that get all butthurt when you make a mistake on a purchase. move on, sell it, get over it.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 06:21 PM

Hey guys thanks for backing me, as far as not being a nice guy just look at my feedback in just 30 days of being able to sell merchandise. I have shipped everyone exactly what I told them I was shipping them. I even left this member positive feedback because he did what he was suppose to do and pay me right away after he told me he was gonna buy it. And then wants to make a deal with me that he will leave me positive feedack if I give him a refund for his mistake. I think when someone sells another member the item that was described, gets it shipped out immediately and it is in near perfect condition that would warrant positive feedback.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 09:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JDM EVO PANAMA
This is why I left America too much BS. Everyone wants to sue everyone.
lol... everyone doesn't want to blame themselves for a mistake and eat it, they always want someone else to blame.

To the op, I'd say you're all good. It is the buyers responsibility to do the research and make sure their purchase is right for them. There is so much ignorance these days it makes me sick.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 09:22 AM

yea exactly what everybody said on here. its not at all about you being some sort of ashole,u were selling a part and perfectly clairified what the parts consisted of and what exactly the buyer was getting. then he has the ignorance to ask for his money back lmao gl with some sort of resolution. I mean its 250 bones for christ sakes its not like it was a 2k turbo kit that wouldnt fit his manifold or something or a 1000 dollar stand alone that was shipped for the wrong gen evo,that i could understand maybe but not this petty bull**** lol.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 09:28 AM
Evolved Member

I would say screw him! If he was cool about it I would offer a refund if HE covered shipping for his mistake and then just sell to someone else. But threatening you right off the bat I say F 'em. Sounds like from what you say he is saying about "my shop told me this" and "stage 2 that" he doesnt know about EVOs or cars in general. Its like the question you get from teenagers all the time "what stage setup you got?" instead of "what do you have done to your car?" lol...
Old Feb 28, 2011, 09:29 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Closed. Any issue of this sort should be discussed in a private manner.