Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo cubby hole

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2011, 01:54 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo cubby hole

I was curious on the depth of these. I have an MR so I dont know how deep they go... Is there enough room to put an iphone in there?

Thanks EvoM!
Old Mar 8, 2011, 07:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
You could put it sideways, yes
Old Mar 8, 2011, 08:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Its the perfect size, and it has a lip on the front so when you accelerate it doesn't slide out. That is why i don't want to get rid of it for guages, very useful, to me atleast.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 08:47 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 777 Likes on 592 Posts
I put my radio there to make room for the radio and with a passenger its definitely missed. I could put both my wallet and iPhone in there, now it gets to hang out in the cup holder.

Though I much prefer my radio down low, its right by the shifter and after working out not so hard to change the station
Old Mar 8, 2011, 09:26 AM

i always put my wallet and iphone in there...and i always forget i left them there too.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 09:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by GaBe511
Its the perfect size, and it has a lip on the front so when you accelerate it doesn't slide out. That is why i don't want to get rid of it for guages, very useful, to me atleast.
You either have a rubber case on your phone or your car accelerates like a waterlogged hippopotamus..
Old Mar 8, 2011, 09:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When I had mine I had a gauge in there so I never used it. After my gruppe s 52mm pod and my relocation kit I don't miss it! I just use the cup holder and/or door panel.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 11:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I would say it is around 4-5 inches or so deep, and personally I find it useless. I'm going to relocate the radio and have gauges where the stock radio sits. I find I put everything I need in the cup holders or arm rest area.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 11:54 PM
Evolving Member

My droidX fits in there perfect. And that phone is wide. So you kinda get the pictures of it being a pretty big slot.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 12:05 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by reboundicon
I would say it is around 4-5 inches or so deep, and personally I find it useless. I'm going to relocate the radio and have gauges where the stock radio sits. I find I put everything I need in the cup holders or arm rest area.
Lookin to sell it? I usually have water or other things in my cup holders and I'm lookin to try the cubby thing.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 07:50 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MRmike
Lookin to sell it? I usually have water or other things in my cup holders and I'm lookin to try the cubby thing.
I'll drop you a message when I end up relocating the radio/gauges and get rid of it. Right now I am using the cubby as a placeholder because the radio relocation panel with a big hole in it looks kind of ghetto lol.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by llDemonll
You either have a rubber case on your phone or your car accelerates like a waterlogged hippopotamus..
lol yea my old iphone would shoot out of there quite fast, and thanks to that lip it had a bit of a "jump" lol.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 07:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by boosted_EJ1
lol yea my old iphone would shoot out of there quite fast, and thanks to that lip it had a bit of a "jump" lol.
I found that the lip is too low and anything you put in the cubby just flies out. I think mistu made it intentionally useless so people would end up doing relocation mods with it.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 07:57 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SAVAGEcorpsman
When I had mine I had a gauge in there so I never used it. After my gruppe s 52mm pod and my relocation kit I don't miss it! I just use the cup holder and/or door panel.
amen to that!

i think that was my best "mod"...that cubby was tiny and i dont care what anyone says, when i took off anything i had in there flew out. so i just use the door panel since theres always a drink or 2 in my cup holders