Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

why dosnt any1 use hks parts

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2011, 07:02 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chu
Not any different with AMS, CBRD, Buschur, etc if you think about it.
how can u say that??? these companies have proven their parts many times. buschur cams make more power than hks cams, buschur and ams turbo kits have made WAY more power and cost less, buschur and ams intercoolers have proven to flow better and keep temps lower, buschur ignition system is better, ams and buschur exhaust flow better and im sure theres more. hks parts are just like arc parts (just for show imo) they have not been proven to make more power than whats available.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 09:19 AM

my HKS cams were pretty cheap compared to other Brands of similar power bands
Old Mar 10, 2011, 09:29 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SAVAGEcorpsman
I don't use HKS because I am not Japanese... Also because there is more support with american products with my local tuners.
Lol, your whole car is Japanese.

I kid I kid.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 09:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by dee242
Y dosnt any 1 use hks parts i know there a little expensive but is it worth it gain wise
They used to have a corner on the market in cams. The new turbo they just made is great. Their RS intake is the best for the Evo. They Just redesigned their Cams again. They seem to be doing OK in the Evo Market.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 10:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
great parts, and a lot of effort in their engineering. I run their hi power exhaust and might get their turbo. But the perrin filter beats the rs intake. Shoot out proven
Old Mar 10, 2011, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TheMadScientist
WTF are you talking about? People talk crap on the HKS cams because the GSC's, the kelfords, the buschurs, etc... make more power but look at when those were developed the HKS cams have been around for like 10 years now.

That's exactly my point, exactly dude. Nobody is using HKS anymore because there cams were great 10 years go, and HKS has not stayed on top of their game and kept up with the times, and hence, nobody uses them anymore.

Thanks for helping me prove my point.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 10:28 AM
Evolving Member

I use their evc 6 and love it; since i wont see my self going over 36psi its perfect for me especially being in a 4 season state where pressure often changes from region to region or city to city; imo its the best ebc out there but expensive like the others said.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 10:41 AM
chu
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dabeast
how can u say that??? these companies have proven their parts many times. buschur cams make more power than hks cams, buschur and ams turbo kits have made WAY more power and cost less, buschur and ams intercoolers have proven to flow better and keep temps lower, buschur ignition system is better, ams and buschur exhaust flow better and im sure theres more. hks parts are just like arc parts (just for show imo) they have not been proven to make more power than whats available.
Mind you, I did not say any brand was better than another, nor did I mention anything about making more or less power. On the basis of quality and price, I merely said they all cost about the same. Not that I'm old, but I grew up in the era where HKS was the leading manufacturer of aftermarket performance products. Everyone and their grandma used brands like HKS, Greddy, and so on. Companies like that have been in the game for decades.

All of the sudden, these U.S companies show up, and guys like you claim companies like HKS make sh*tty parts and just show pieces. HKS has been in the business for decades, so it does speak to their reputation. So what if GSC cams make more than the HKS, that does not mean their products suck, and you don't need to knock on it.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 10:44 AM
Evolving Member

maybe hks should come out with a new version of their cams and products to even things out
Old Mar 10, 2011, 11:05 AM
Evolved Member

What some of you are missing is the fact that the JDM companies aren't even looking for the most power like american companies do. It's all about balance with them.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 11:06 AM
Evolving Member

Love HKS stuff. They have done more r+d than anyone on the ct9a platform and have one of the biggest menus of parts of any vendor. That being said some of thier parts are better designed than others and most of the HKS parts I run are highly modified. Before the Sierra cosworth Evo last year, they were the fastest evo in the USA and Japan.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 11:07 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Thread cleaned.

Name calling and dodging the swear filter are completely unnecessary and will not be tolerated so keep it clean please.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 11:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BoostINurI
Better sell your evo then i guess...and get a ford focus. Hate to break it you but the evo is Japaneses

I run the DLI 2 onmy car and never had a problem with spark blow out. The new hks cams are alot better then the "old" ones also.

Don't get me wrong i love supporting American products and shops...so i spread the love

So because I don't want to put HKS in my car I have to sell my Evo. BWAHAHAH. I keep my parts american that's why I don't use HKS. Don't like it i don't care it's my car.

The focus part was completely unnecessary.

Last edited by SAVAGEcorpsman; Mar 10, 2011 at 11:21 AM.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 11:18 AM

I have hks 272 cams, no problems yet
Old Mar 10, 2011, 12:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by chu
Mind you, I did not say any brand was better than another, nor did I mention anything about making more or less power. On the basis of quality and price, I merely said they all cost about the same. Not that I'm old, but I grew up in the era where HKS was the leading manufacturer of aftermarket performance products. Everyone and their grandma used brands like HKS, Greddy, and so on. Companies like that have been in the game for decades.

All of the sudden, these U.S companies show up, and guys like you claim companies like HKS make sh*tty parts and just show pieces. HKS has been in the business for decades, so it does speak to their reputation. So what if GSC cams make more than the HKS, that does not mean their products suck, and you don't need to knock on it.
Ok, my bad I get where you're coming from.

Quick Reply: why dosnt any1 use hks parts