Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

why dosnt any1 use hks parts

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2011, 11:05 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The new HKS cams wont make the same power as the Kelford's and for sure the GSC S2's, Xenope swapped his HKS out for kelfords and said he gained power.

http://www.socalevo.net/forum/index.php?topic=103473.0

Oh yeah and 95630706 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ The new GSC cams are not copies of the Jun's like the old design was........
Old Mar 19, 2011, 12:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 05VIII
thats another great point people overlook. all the testing they do on ALL of the products they carry is insane. they make sure they release a great product that wont fail. how many times have you herd of an hks product failing?

R&D is not cheap.
Never see their magical ballooning intercooler?
Old Mar 19, 2011, 02:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Have some of you seen the HKS series of Turbos?? they are some of the best around....not saying they're worth the price...but they are a well build Turbo.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 02:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SyZyGy1394
Never herd of that one...although a quick google search only showed 1 result
Old Mar 19, 2011, 02:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This thread made me realize that most of my aftermarket performance parts on my Evo are from American companies. Though from what I've heard the Blox 272 I run are supposed to be cheap copies of HKS 272 but no one has given me factual evidence of such 'cause I don't care to know. I think the only Japanese aftermarket parts I have are my Tanabe downpipe and Greddy shiftknob. AMERICAN EVO PARTS FTW!
Old Mar 19, 2011, 03:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SyZyGy1394

I remember seeing that. Crazy stuff right there. Especially for the price of the intercooler!!
Old Mar 19, 2011, 03:39 PM
Evolved Member

Im running hks 272s, intake, cam gears, evc and bov. No problems yet out of them.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 04:34 PM
Evolving Member

I'll have some HKS stuff for sale when I get back to Ft. Campbell...
Old Mar 19, 2011, 05:39 PM
Evolving Member

Hks

HKS is a great company. I have a pair of their cams as well as a DLI ignition amplifier on my Evo 8.

However, I recently took off my Hi-power exhaust and and put in a Thermal R&D. One thing that struck me was how much heavier the Hi-power was. Also, the Hi-power began to rattle which was the reason for why i was prompted to switch exhausts. The reason for the rattling was that the bracket that the exhaust requires you to use at the end near the bumper uses two screws that bolt on to the frame of the car. Apparently over time coupled with the weight of the exhaust, one of the screw holes broke off causing the bracket to be loose and rattle.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 05:50 PM
Evolved Member

I swapped out hks part for other brands that mAke more power, plain and simple. I'm not loyal to any brand, if apc or pep boys parts were reliable,fit well, and made power I would use them
Old Mar 19, 2011, 05:53 PM
Evolved Member

I have HKS turbo, cams. HKS part is popular among evo community, there are many other company to choose from but HKS is still popular.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 05:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SOEuro
I swapped out hks part for other brands that mAke more power, plain and simple. I'm not loyal to any brand, if apc or pep boys parts were reliable,fit well, and made power I would use them
such as pep boys evo cams
Old Mar 20, 2011, 02:21 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SOEuro
True that, although I do have an hks hi-power exhaust on my car. However I replaced my old hks 272's with kelford 280's because of power.

APC=
Always Pimpin Cars
Old Mar 20, 2011, 03:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I run one of only a few sets of HKS full intercooler pipes (upper, lower, and suction) in the USA. The quality is the best there is. I've had them for many years and with a little polish they always look new. As far as I know HKS is the only company to offer a CAST turbo nozzle that tapers smootly to get bigger. The thing I like moste about the pipes is that they taper to get larger and larger to eventually be the exact same size as the throttle body. No american company offers this. I also run the DLI II and have had it for years without any issues.

Sure HKS is a "big name" but their quality is very good and their products last a very long time.

I did have HKS cam gears, but opted to get Unorthodox gears because of weight (lightest I've ever seen) and my fear of only 3 bolts vs. 5 in the Unorthodox gears.

I never was a fan of their cams though....just a little too mild for my liking. I love big lift.

Paul
Old Mar 20, 2011, 02:15 PM

I am a huge fan of HKS. I have the HKS cams, DP, and exhaust.

Quick Reply: why dosnt any1 use hks parts