Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central
View Poll Results: What problems are you having
Clutch (please post at what mileage)
9.86%
Rust (for those of you who took the bumper off)
1.69%
Misfiring
4.23%
Other (list what the problem is/was)
6.76%
None!!
77.46%
Voters: 355. You may not vote on this poll

Stock Evos!?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2003, 06:10 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Stock Evos!?

I was just curious how many of you guys are having problems with your evo without any mods?
Old Dec 15, 2003, 06:24 AM
Evolved Member

i dont know

i think my powersteering is going out for some reason
Old Dec 15, 2003, 06:30 AM

None except for a weird noise I heard the other day, almost 4000 miles, stock. (I only have a dealer installed turbo timer).
Old Dec 15, 2003, 06:50 AM
Evolved Member

Amazing - another post where we have Evos with no problems. I am sure one or two will pop up, but come on already, this is a good car... It wouldn't be so popular worldwide if it was crap. Take the Mustang for example.
Old Dec 15, 2003, 07:04 AM
Evolved Member

My car has been trouble-free.
Old Dec 15, 2003, 07:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Chris in HB
Amazing - another post where we have Evos with no problems. I am sure one or two will pop up, but come on already, this is a good car... It wouldn't be so popular worldwide if it was crap. Take the Mustang for example.
My Cobra was completely trouble-free as well.
Old Dec 15, 2003, 07:14 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Chris in HB
I always see people posting one problem after another on the forums. I've been set on the evo for some time now and plan on getting one in april. I wanted to see if the problems were caused by people modding and/or beating on their cars (there was a poll on people who beat on their cars, but it wasn't started by me). I love the car to death and have wanted one since Gran Turismo 2 , but I don't want to drop 30k on a car that i'll have problems with all the time. Again I know that the few that complain are often the loudest, but polls like these really do help someone like me. Hopefully I get the car before april and hopefully they'll have the 04's out by then
Old Dec 15, 2003, 08:15 AM
Evolving Member

well judging by the results, I think my mind is pretty much made up unless a ferrari enzo with a built-in stripper pulls in my driveway for free!
Old Dec 15, 2003, 08:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I voted - "Other" My brakes turned out to be crappy. Don't let that stop you from buying an EVO though, it's more of an annoyance than a problem, so I guess I should've voted no problems. Ah well.
Old Dec 15, 2003, 08:22 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by naucrx
I voted - "Other" My brakes turned out to be crappy. Don't let that stop you from buying an EVO though, it's more of an annoyance than a problem, so I guess I should've voted no problems. Ah well.
It's still a problem, but it probably won't have much of an effect on my decision of not getting it! So still appriciate the honesty!

And i'm getting my girlfriend a sweet digital camera for christmas so there shall be pix @ the dealership, the ride home, etc.
Old Dec 15, 2003, 08:24 AM

I purchased my evolution in October and havent had a problem yet. I did buy the dealers demo car, since it was a little less expensive. But it did have about 1500 miles on it, so i am a little weary about the way it was treated on the test drives. I guess I will just have to wait and see...

But all in all, its been a great car with no problems what so ever...
Old Dec 15, 2003, 08:56 AM
Evolving Member

Nada

I bought mine in April and I have almost 18K on the odo. I don't have any problems. I also don't really beat up on the car either (except for freeway ramp launches from 5 mph ).
Old Dec 15, 2003, 08:57 AM
Evolving Member

i have a problem now
something is wrong with either the transfer or the axle i think i dunno what it is though im getting towed to the dealer to see what it is all i know is that it makes a clink sound when i turn and acclerate i hope it is nothing big
Old Dec 15, 2003, 09:06 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by MrBonus

My Cobra was completely trouble-free as well.
My '93 Cobra was great except for the faulty turn-signals relays (replaced x4), the valves (replaced x1 because they didn't install the right valve springs for the Cobra motor), headlights, etc. etc. I really did enjoy driving it, but the incessant small problems drove me crazy. I think about that every time I see an Audi or BMW with a taillight stuck with the brake light on or a Mercedes with one headlight. The most problem-free car I've owned? My S2000. What a machine... wish I could have kept it with the Evo. Since I had to pick one, the Evo got the nod. You can't go wrong with the Evo unless you get involved in one of the "I'm best" threads...
Old Dec 15, 2003, 09:44 AM
Evolving Member

No worries here, but only 1000 miles on the odo... so don't know how much weight you should put in my vote.

Quick Reply: Stock Evos!?