Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central
View Poll Results: Anyone Bored Yet?
Still feelin the love
88.61%
Honeymoon is over
11.39%
Voters: 588. You may not vote on this poll

Any bored with their Evos yet?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2005, 06:47 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The only thing I am getting bored of is the Stock Wheels It's time for some change .
Old Mar 13, 2005, 07:50 PM

I'd love to get a C6 Vette, but besides that there isn't much I would want to drive. Maybe a 99 FRC Vette with a built 400+ci stroker, single turbo kit, and a solid rear end j/k
Old Mar 13, 2005, 10:00 PM
Evolving Member

[QUOTE=steve_evo]Well I haven't had any problems with my f-cars.. don't know where you are getting your info from. For a car that dyno's about 310 at the wheels stock, and costs way less than our EVOs... it's a great hp bang for buck.... Mind you it doesn't handle as well.

That's the problem with some of these kids, they have no clue what they are talking about. They came into the scene when the tuners were the new thing and decided the tuners were the only good sports cars out there. I have a 99' Trans Am that has been an excellent car for the last 6 years. I have lots of mods and will destroy almost every Evo out there in a stoplight race. Take it on the highway and it will get even nastier. Now, I have some suspension mods so it handles pretty well. It is to heavy to take the twisties like the Evo though. As far as reliability, I have had almost no problems in the last 6 years even with all the modding and 400+ rwhp. Now I have my MR to tackle the turns and the snow and the TA to drag race. Sorry, just needed to get that off my chest. I wish some of these younger people would see what low end tq feels like before dissing the American muscle cars.

Last edited by Mr.MR; Mar 15, 2005 at 01:36 AM.
Old Mar 14, 2005, 11:50 AM
Evolving Member

Oh, I agree. Nothing beats the feeling of those natural breathing big CI v8 RWD muscle cars for instant throttle response. I remember once I put my '79 TA in a ditch sideways. Once it found grip the thing launched all the way across the two lane road and I ended up in the ditch on the other side of the road, nose first!

In the late 80's I had a POS Olds (total sleeper except for the rear wheels) with a 454 I built just so I could show all the kids in their 5.0's daddy bought them how uncool they really were. That car ate vettes off the line and lifted the front end. Haven't seen many Evos bring the front tires off the road on launch.

While those cars are fun in their own way, nowadays I'll take my Evo over one of them. Sure they have gobs of power and they are great dragsters, but that's about all they are good for. Granted, I haven't driven any of the WS6 or the SS's since the early 90's – I'm sure they've come a long way, but even a Dodge Viper doesn't really lay it's power down with much finesse.

I guess that once I discovered there is more to driving than simply mashing your right foot to the floor is when I started to drift away from the muscle cars. But if I had a bigger garage maybe I would want to have one again so I could have the best of both worlds. Meantime, I just can't beat the fun factor I get from these small displacement AWD imports.
Old Mar 14, 2005, 12:15 PM
Evolved Member

still not bored
Old Mar 14, 2005, 03:01 PM
Evolved Member

Like a famous comapny once said,"I'M LOVIN IT!!"
Old Apr 18, 2005, 04:30 PM

Sick of mine!!

Ever since I got into my accident (That caused $14,000+ in damages) it has not been the same. She's really hot headed (A/C doesn't work), Mouths off alot (growns and creeks), doesn't respond as much when I put my foot down, and just doesn't ride the same as before. And then there is just some nit-picky stuff that I am tired of... I really just want to trade it in for a newer model, just like my last girlfriend...

Evo IX... I pine for you!!!
Old Apr 18, 2005, 04:37 PM
Evolved Member

Why didn't you total it?