Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central
View Poll Results: Anyone Bored Yet?
Still feelin the love
88.61%
Honeymoon is over
11.39%
Voters: 588. You may not vote on this poll

Any bored with their Evos yet?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2003, 02:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by MI_Evo8
Hell, I bought the EVO8 to replace my AWD AUDI turbo car as THE DAILY DRIVER DURING WINTER.

Bad mistake.
Please... https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...threadid=54501

Your problem is you didn't bother to turn your head 6 inches to the left and look at the pretty little sticker that reads...

"Hey... you... yeah, you! The guy who has no idea what tires are on this car stock. Yeah... you would be MUCH better off with all season tires for the winter instead of these things, considering the fact that they will make you crash, burn, and DIE!!!! in the winter. Just in case you don't bother to actually READ the sticker before using your greedy little fingers to pull it off and toss it, you could always get to your nearest computer and start bashing the Evo's capabilities in the snow, then wait for knowledgeable folks to come along and correct you."

Hi... you’re wrong

just read the following.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...threadid=54474
Old Dec 15, 2003, 03:17 PM
Evolved Member

well if anyone wants to sell there evo in 05 right after christmas hit me up by e-mail or pm
Old Dec 15, 2003, 03:47 PM
Evolving Member

honeymoon. perpetual honeymoon. getting bored, buy some stuff. you're not going to see anything that can match this car for this price for the rest of your life.
Old Dec 15, 2003, 04:28 PM

I am not bored yet. Shoot, I haven't even gotten it yet.
Old Dec 15, 2003, 04:39 PM
Evolved Member

mines got 1300 miles, i notice some of you say you love the snow with the evo but i cant stand it because our county uses this ash **** to melt the roads and since my evo is a month old i wash it every night lol, some people lthat come over think im nuts doin it but i just tell them it makes up for the time that it takes for girls to get ready
Old Dec 15, 2003, 04:42 PM
Evolved Member

Re: Any bored with their Evos yet?

Originally posted by s4awd
Although I love my car, I think i'm ready to move on. I've done about 10 autox's and 5 trackdays with the last one at Lime Rock. Good times but I'm ready for something new. Any of you feel the same?
can i have your car?
Old Dec 15, 2003, 04:58 PM
In Timeout

Re: Re: Any bored with their Evos yet?

I think people are calling him names because it's not a Audi, or a P-car. lolrof, some people just have to fit in.

Originally posted by MP5

If youve donw 5 track days in the EVO and havent figured out that you are at or near the automotive equivilant of perfection I dont know what to tell you. Let me tell you if you cant have fun in the EVO you cant have fun in a ferrari either.I hear the new Oddyseys are nice What more can you want and how much more can you afford?
Old Dec 15, 2003, 05:15 PM
Evolving Member

I'm kind of the same way, perhaps the EVO is too docile and refined. I came from muscle cars (camaros/firebirds) and the car
basically woke you up and reminded you what you were driving everyday. I have a 1990 M3 also and it had the same drive me for instant pleasure factor.

I think the EVO is a little too perfect... it gives you the kind of feeling that "you can drive me on the street, but where I really belong is on the track".
Old Dec 15, 2003, 05:18 PM
Evolved Member

and i think anyone who is getting bored with there evo should give it to me
Old Dec 15, 2003, 05:21 PM
In Timeout

You are right, people like cars that have problems, that gives it Soul, kinda like when a F355 Stearing rack goes out and costs 5,000 or when you wait 3 months for a part I guess that is a good thing? When I had my NSX for 6 years people said the same thing about it, "The car lacks Soul" While I was at the track there P or F car was broke down. I guess if it does not **** out it's no good? Kinda like if it costs more it's better?

Originally posted by steve_evo
I'm kind of the same way, perhaps the EVO is too docile and refined. I came from muscle cars (camaros/firebirds) and the car
basically woke you up and reminded you what you were driving everyday. I have a 1990 M3 also and it had the same drive me for instant pleasure factor.

I think the EVO is a little too perfect... it gives you the kind of feeling that "you can drive me on the street, but where I really belong is on the track".
Old Dec 15, 2003, 05:29 PM
MP5
In Timeout

Originally posted by DynoKing
You are right, people like cars that have problems, that gives it Soul, kinda like when a F355 Stearing rack goes out and costs 5,000 or when you wait 3 months for a part I guess that is a good thing? When I had my NSX for 6 years people said the same thing about it, "The car lacks Soul" While I was at the track there P or F car was broke down. I guess if it does not **** out it's no good? Kinda like if it costs more it's better?

Old Dec 15, 2003, 05:39 PM
Evolving Member

Wish I had an EVO to get bored with.

Hopefully soon, though.
Old Dec 15, 2003, 05:42 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by DynoKing

Who said anything about cars breaking down? Soul or driving excitement is what we live by, I think that Japanese cars tend to bottle that feeling in a bit.

Their bikes are the same, you know that a GSXR 1000 is a way more affordable and quicker bike than a Ducati 998 but you really want to ride the Ducati because it sounds so exotic and has looks to kill.
Old Dec 15, 2003, 05:46 PM
Evolving Member

Even though I have gotten used to my Evo, 14K miles (6 months), many mountain runs and road trips, I still think it is incredible. I plan to keep this car. I do not think there is another car out there that you can buy that can match the Evo, especially when you factor in the price. I doubt there will ever be another car like it.
As for soul, and being mechanically perfect.....I think the people with clutch issues, rattles/ wierd noises, and complain about the lack of cruise control and a decent heater, and other problems will argue against that.
Old Dec 15, 2003, 06:00 PM
In Timeout

You are right the 998 Rocks, untill you get tired of dealing with the **** of it having all kinds of problems. Just like the F-cars. I don't like problems that's what I would take the GSXR because it starts everyday and runs good. Oh ya the 998 does sound better.... when it's running.

Originally posted by steve_evo

Who said anything about cars breaking down? Soul or driving excitement is what we live by, I think that Japanese cars tend to bottle that feeling in a bit.

Their bikes are the same, you know that a GSXR 1000 is a way more affordable and quicker bike than a Ducati 998 but you really want to ride the Ducati because it sounds so exotic and has looks to kill.

Quick Reply: Any bored with their Evos yet?