Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central
View Poll Results: Anyone Bored Yet?
Still feelin the love
88.61%
Honeymoon is over
11.39%
Voters: 588. You may not vote on this poll

Any bored with their Evos yet?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2004, 03:52 AM
SVT
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you're bored with your Evo you're
A. ready for a motorcycle,
B. a major hardass & aren't going to be satisfied by any car, or
C. ready for the next level. An M12 GTO would be a good $90,000 car, If you can wait for it to be made. A Lotus would be a slight upgrade. A Super 7 would make all of the guys at the AutoX cream their pants when you pull up in a street legal Caterham.

Last edited by SVT; Jan 30, 2004 at 04:00 AM.
Old Jan 30, 2004, 05:43 AM
Evolved Member

I'm bored with the power, the car is kind of weak stock, but I'll be changing that soon
Old Jan 30, 2004, 01:56 PM
JTB
Evolved Member

A super 7 is the ultimate! Last year I bought a Caterham 7 Superlight R (from Caterham USA)-- Produced 230 bhp on the dyno in a 1200lb car. And yes it is streat legal. I love terrorizing the canyons out here in Colordao. It has awesome handling, a 3.5 sec 0-60 and a sense of driving envolvement it is truely awesome.

I am thinking of running it in the Open Track Challenge that is coming up in April.
Could be fun!
Old Jan 30, 2004, 02:02 PM

hell no, still lovin it
Old Jan 30, 2004, 02:42 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Or maybe the people who are sick of their cars are trying to fill their empty lives with material things...
Old Jan 30, 2004, 03:53 PM
In Timeout

I drove a C32 before and I tell you if you do cams, computer, and turbo back the TQ of the EVO kills the C32, Also have you ever drove the E55?? That thing is a beast!

Originally posted by jasonc32amg
I'm bored with the power, the car is kind of weak stock, but I'll be changing that soon
Old Jan 30, 2004, 04:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Ryanmcd3
I drove a C32 before and I tell you if you do cams, computer, and turbo back the TQ of the EVO kills the C32, Also have you ever drove the E55?? That thing is a beast!

I have not had the cahnce to drive the new e55, it is sick though. As far as my c32 goes it packs a pretty sick punch ont he top end with the ecu flash and the overdrive pulley's

I plan on pumping my Evo up to @400whp, so I'm sure it will be more entertaining...don't get me wrong I still love the car, the handling is sweet....
Old Feb 5, 2004, 10:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by GREDDY
I am bored of my EVO's daily ride. The thing is just so lumpy, bumpy and just shakes you to hell. I wish the ride would be a little smoother. I must be getting pretty old! Maybe I need to trade it in on an E55amg.
I agree with this statement.

I LOVE my Evo, and I cherish it to death. I take very good care of her, but sometimes I wish I had a second car for daily driving, beating up on, and dragging the hell out of it. Kinda a hard combination, eh? Beating up, luxury, daily driving, racing

I would LOVE to have another car, but having 2 car payments a month and 2 insurance payments isn't the greatest idea in the world for me.
Old Feb 6, 2004, 11:08 AM
Evolved Member

HELL NO! This car rocks!
Old Feb 6, 2004, 07:02 PM
Evolving Member

I wonder if you guys ever drive your Evos to the limit? I mean push the limit of its cornering ability at each and every other corner... push the limits of its braking... make every lap faster and faster...

Take it out on sand with a couple of mates and dig huge trenches with your 4WDs... do lock to lock handbrake turns... drift...

If you can get bored of that... time for you to drive a people carrier.. EVOs are for synthetic-racing-oil-blooded people who live for the speed and the thrill of handling a perfectly balanced car. Did u buy the wrong car?
Old Feb 6, 2004, 07:06 PM
Evolving Member

Re: Any bored with their Evos yet?

Originally posted by s4awd
Although I love my car, I think i'm ready to move on. I've done about 10 autox's and 5 trackdays with the last one at Lime Rock. Good times but I'm ready for something new. Any of you feel the same?
I think the problem is that you guys drive at A'xs and T'days.. i know its hard to drive hard on your streets without the law beating down on you... but unfortunately.. the EVO IS a car that stands out in winding roads.. amongst other traffic... overtaking a 5 car line up in 4 secs... and slowing down to a halt in 3....
Old Mar 9, 2004, 12:34 PM

What else could you move to.
Old Mar 9, 2004, 12:37 PM

the honey is over when thing start to break down.
Old Mar 11, 2004, 09:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Im getting the chance to discover what this car is all about .
Its a fun car to drive and you dont have to spend lots of $$$$ to have a reliable fun car ....
One of the best decisions i have made .....
Each time you track the car you get to see whats is all about ...
Old Mar 11, 2004, 09:56 AM

im gettin my evo8 soon, and you know what...as soon as i get it right out the dealer....to the shop it goes...cams,exhaust system, blow off valve, new intercooler maybe, cf hood n trunk, new seats, sick *** weight reduction and not to mention my horendous sound system that will literally make me deaf by the time im 21...so if you think i'de be bored with destroying other people's cars on the road....mistaken is an understatement...its just the love of the car and the fun of the car that you have to be content with, if you dont do **** with ur car cept drive it home and to work, then ur the ****in boring one...go eat some *** and live a little!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Any bored with their Evos yet?