Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Problem: inner child lock swtich

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2011, 07:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Problem: inner child lock swtich

Hello everyone,

A while back, I got someone to installed an alarm system for my car.

There are 3 problems:

1) The inner child lock won't fully turn when I activate the alarm system (not trigger the alarm).

2) After I activate the alarm system, my car alarm goes off after a few minutes for some odd reason. My guess here is that the child look didn't fully turn and possibly it starts to slowly turn back to the open position and so the alarm thinks someone's intruding, causing the alarm horn to go off.

3) The central locking using the driver's child lock works for locking all 4 doors automatically when I turn the child lock to the lock position, but when I turn the child lock to the unlock position, the other 4 doors remained locked. It should have unlocked all 4 doors like all modern cars.

What is the usual problem for car child locks to become broken like it is in the photos below ? I found a plastic clip inside my car, could this clip be part of the door child lock mechanism ?

I read somewhere on the internet, when a certain clip is broken in a car's door, it can cause the child lock to malfunction like how it is in my car - could it be this yellow clip I found in my car ?

(broken child lock doesn't turn fully to lock position)

(i'm forcing it to the fully lock position with my finger)

(as how it should be on the front passenger door on the other side)

(this is the child lock in the fully unlocked position)

(I found this plastic clip, is it meant to be part of the driver's door ?)

I'm waiting for the alarm guy to come back to check up what's the problem with my alarm going off after I activate the alarm system but he's hard to get a hold off.

In the meantime, if anyone know what could be causing the child lock problem to occur, I would appreciate any advice.

My brother's Integra Type R also has the child lock problem so if I learn how to fix it on my car, there's a good chance it'll work on his car too.

My car is a 2004 Evolution 8 MR.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Zhang; Mar 18, 2011 at 07:20 AM.