Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Do you trust your mitsu technician to take care of your evo.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2003, 05:08 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dotn really trust them but any work they do will be watched like a hawk.
Old Dec 16, 2003, 06:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by IUP200

The truth here is, most sales people don't know a lot about cars...(kind of funny since they are around them all day)...I should know, I use to sell Mitsu's...half the guys I worked with didn't even know what the EVO was when we got them. But the Tech's, I let them work on my car all the time...now it's not an EVO, it's an OZ..But a cars a car when it all comes down to it...

Hell we weren't even aloud to drive the EVO's when we got them...only the Top 2 techs and the sales manager were aloud

And as for 10 miles, come on, you had brake and clutch problems...(take the car out to try and find the problem...depending on the dealerships location & the tech figuring out the problem there’s a few miles...fix the problem.... take it back out, and make sure it's running fine. there’s a few more miles) Hell it took them over 20 miles to get my suspension fixed right.

I just think that it all comes down to A lot of you are paranoid about you car, or you have a ****ty dealership...I love mine, not just because I use to work there, but because they are good people, they don't care about MODS, Hell they installed all of mine for me, and I didn't even buy all of them from them......

So I say, go find a dealership you can trust, and be happy that you drive an EVO.

Just my $.02
Be happy I drive an evo ???
While I agree that no one bsds the top 2 techs can touch or even smell the evo I don't agree w/the rest of ur .2c. With your be happy statement that I have an evo is like be happy you got a car;this aint no ordinary car... Look I bought this car w/my own sweat and I or you "if you had an evo" wouldn't want no one to play around with it. This **** cost alot "more than your OZ sir", and if anything happens to it it should be you doing it, and if there's a default Mitsubishi is entitled to repair it w/no cost and thats what happen to my car... "brakes squeek, clutch been stiff, it was soft earlier...etc." If you been "I gots to say the dealership "ontario mitsubishi" " they have places to test drive and its big/long more than enough to check the car 10x and it wouldn't lead to 10 miles... *sigh*

Last edited by moogle; Dec 16, 2003 at 06:24 PM.
Old Dec 16, 2003, 06:26 PM
Evolving Member

bsds anyone that work for mitsubishi do you trust your mitsu techs?
Old Dec 16, 2003, 10:25 PM
Account Disabled

My car rolled off the delivery truck and OUT of the dealership

It has no been back ONCE

I had a head light go bad (motor) and I brought in down to them to get it warrantied

Other than that - the engine has been in and out like 4 times - I do all the work myself

Its funny - all the delarships are going out of business
Old Dec 17, 2003, 12:31 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by moogle

This **** cost alot "more than your OZ sir",

" they have places to test drive and its big/long more than enough to check the car 10x and it wouldn't lead to 10 miles... *sigh*
Let me clear a few things up here.
1. Yes I know the EVO costs a LOT more than my OZ.
2. I have owned 2 cars that Cost more then you EVO
(1968 Shelby GT 350 & 1970 Dodge Charger (HEMI) with 885 whp and 907 wtq) (Not street legal) the car had over $35,000 is mods)
3. I have owned 2 cars that are faster than your EVO (the Charger (9.08) and my Old Honda Del Sol (10.95).
4. I don't want an EVO, it's more fun to me to make a slower car faster.
5. MOST dealerships don't have test tracks, if fact there very rare.
6. When I said a car is a car...I never meant that all cars are mechanically the same...I meant they all have wheels, doors, steering wheels, and an engine...they get you from point A to point B. Some just get you there faster than others

All I was TRYING to say is that all car dealerships are not the DEVIL...you can have a good or bad experience at a Daewoo deanship, or have a good or bad experience at a BMW dealership

Just my $.02
Now that makes $.04

Last edited by IUP200; Dec 17, 2003 at 12:34 AM.
Old Dec 17, 2003, 12:51 AM
Evolving Member

thats great you have a more expensive/fastah car than I do, but this being my very first car that I bought and me being 20 you should know how I feel"maybe". Its not like if something big happen and it turns out a dud that I can afford to buy another one. My question was do you trust your mitsu tech not I should be happy w/a evo and let them go 10miles. Also I wasn't trying to make it like I could afford an expensive car "which it was" I was trying to quote would you want your 885 horse power hemi car to be driven 10 miles...just to c why the breaks was squeeking or/and why the cluth went soft to hard? 10 miles is pretty far 2 me, and that's why I was concern. Also you work for mitsu so I can't tell if your being biased or not?
Old Dec 17, 2003, 01:05 AM
Evolving Member

well I don't work for mitsu any more..I left there about 3 months ago...got tired of the One pay check being $100, and the Next being $3000...I needed some stability in my income.

And I never wanted to cause a fight here, 10 miles could have been a lot. on the other hand it might not be. but as to can you trust your techs..yes you can....like I said before, not all dealerships & the people that work there are Evil. and are there some techs where I worked that I wouldn't let touch my car, YES I only let one guy work on my car there...because he knows what he's doing.
Old Dec 17, 2003, 08:12 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by IUP200
well I don't work for mitsu any more..I left there about 3 months ago...got tired of the One pay check being $100, and the Next being $3000...I needed some stability in my income.

and are there some techs where I worked that I wouldn't let touch my car, YES I only let one guy work on my car there...because he knows what he's doing.
This .2C of yours answered my Q. The others were just side stepping. Now if only I can find one tht ONE.
Old Dec 17, 2003, 04:34 PM

ok so this is my first post to this forum. i have been mainly looking for info because i am planning on buying an evo in 7 months. well i happen to be a tech and i can't stand when these talks come about. i work for mercedes benz where there are some cars that are triple the evo value. if you guys don't want to trust the techs with your cars don't ever come looking for a warranty claim. pay for everything yourself and look how the much money you spend. see what really sucks is that there are scumbags out there that really don't care or value the person's car. that gives people like me a bad rap not everyone is a scumbag. to get mad that a car was driven for 10 miles give me a break. that is all part of the business.....if you don't want them to drive your car well there not gonna look into the problem and then you will be pissed when the problem doesn't get fixed. well that's enough from me.......not every tech is a scumbag.
Old Dec 17, 2003, 07:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by jja81381
ok so this is my first post to this forum. i have been mainly looking for info because i am planning on buying an evo in 7 months. well i happen to be a tech and i can't stand when these talks come about. i work for mercedes benz where there are some cars that are triple the evo value. if you guys don't want to trust the techs with your cars don't ever come looking for a warranty claim. pay for everything yourself and look how the much money you spend. see what really sucks is that there are scumbags out there that really don't care or value the person's car. that gives people like me a bad rap not everyone is a scumbag. to get mad that a car was driven for 10 miles give me a break. that is all part of the business.....if you don't want them to drive your car well there not gonna look into the problem and then you will be pissed when the problem doesn't get fixed. well that's enough from me.......not every tech is a scumbag.
Thank You...just what I was trying to say
Old Dec 18, 2003, 02:13 AM
Evolving Member

Well than if your doing a good job someone is happy that you are doing their car. I dn't want 2 argue, but 10 miles imo is pretty far just to check up on squeeks/clutch stiff I aint repeating it again! I got a eclipse spyder gs-t and there are numerous problems on that car, and when I let the mitsu techs handle that car they barely past 2 miles. Lets c 2 miles on silver spyder and 10 miles on silver evo...hmm, also this was just a check up on the brakes, clutch weird while the eclipse had timing belt change,oil,breaks, etc... basically the works and only 2 miles out of it. Its great you are doing a good job once again and I know you don't want no bad reputation but if YOU had a mercedez mmm sl-500 ,3x more expensive than evo, would you let the techs drive 10 miles just to see why the breaks squeek...+ you weren't there to c it happen. This is also a mitsu question not no mercedez...my uncle works there and their techs are high class... come on its mercedez give me a break.

Last edited by moogle; Dec 18, 2003 at 02:18 AM.
Old Dec 18, 2003, 05:09 AM
Evolving Member

nope