Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Do you trust your mitsu technician to take care of your evo.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2003, 07:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you trust your mitsu technician to take care of your evo.

I took my evo in today bcz lately the brakes been squeeling and clutch been a bit weird. I left my evo to the mitsu service and gave the whole day to him. When I came back he added 10 miles to my odometer. Do they really need to drive the ev0 10 miles? I am being a bit paranoid but why do they need to drive 10 miles, I am guessing they joy riding it but I am just guessing. My question is not that they can't fix the problems that the evo have, but do you trust the person not to joyride it or misuse it?

Last edited by moogle; Dec 15, 2003 at 07:51 PM.
Old Dec 15, 2003, 07:25 PM
Evolving Member

**** NO!
Old Dec 15, 2003, 07:39 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
In all honesty.. No.. I don't think many of the Mitsu tech's have anywhere near the experience with these cars to feel comfortable with it. However if you want a warranty repair, you don't have much choice.. I plan on servicing my car either myself or having a shop that I trust with these cars work on it in the future once I've either voided my warranty, or it expires (I've put ALOT of mileage on my car already)
Old Dec 15, 2003, 07:54 PM
Evolving Member

That's what I am afraid off. I ask the service guy 2 have he ever test drove the evo or know how it drive so he knows the problem. His answer was "No I have not but were all train professionals that know what we are doing." I believe his quote, but since he never test drove it or have one he wouldn't know on daily basis how the car drives. 10 miles too;it got me so paranoid. I am still babying this car.

Last edited by moogle; Dec 15, 2003 at 08:45 PM.
Old Dec 15, 2003, 07:58 PM
Evolving Member

well man, you cant do **** about it now. I am doing my best to do all my own work on my car as well. I have always had a friend that has worked at a dealership, and a new dealership is opening with another friend there. Go make friends, or take it somewhere else where you know the people. Just make sure you keep all your receipts, dated, etc.. just in case there is a problem.
Old Dec 15, 2003, 08:29 PM
Evolving Member

I am not sure how I feel at this point. The tech that worked on my car seemed like he could be trusted.
Old Dec 15, 2003, 08:34 PM

dude the dealership will never touch my car, not even for the free oil changes they gave me at purchase.and thats sad, considering I live directly across from the dealer.
Old Dec 15, 2003, 08:39 PM
MP5
In Timeout

Originally posted by tpm17
**** NO!

X2
Old Dec 15, 2003, 09:42 PM
Evolving Member

No. I did purchase a pit pass and have had problems with just simple oil changes being done by the dealership.
Old Dec 15, 2003, 09:48 PM
Evolving Member

yea dont really trust them that much either but sometimes u dont have a choice
Old Dec 16, 2003, 12:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Also the salespeople!

So I'm at the local mitsu dealer and the salesperson is explaining to me how fast these evos are. He knows because when a certain manager is working, he lets the salespeople go out and drive the evos, and man they pull all the way to redline...wait a new car w/ less than 500 miles on it getting redlined...

WHAT THE ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ARRRGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!

When I get my EVO I want to drive it off the ****ing truck trailer myself...but even then i bet the people at the dock hot-rodded it. Is it even possible to properly break-in these cars when the *******s that sell them have no respect for them?
Old Dec 16, 2003, 12:51 AM
Evolving Member

I wasn't even going to say anything on this matter until I read the last post...first.... the people that sell them, and the people that service them are 2 VERY different groups of people. Or maybe your just having bad luck with you dealer...but that can happen at ANY dealership, it doesn't matter what the Brand is...I personally get my Wife’s Honda serviced at my mitsu dealership...no way in hell is that car ever going to see that hands of anyone at the Honda deanship.... LONG *** story there, but that's another post.

The truth here is, most sales people don't know a lot about cars...(kind of funny since they are around them all day)...I should know, I use to sell Mitsu's...half the guys I worked with didn't even know what the EVO was when we got them. But the Tech's, I let them work on my car all the time...now it's not an EVO, it's an OZ..But a cars a car when it all comes down to it...

Hell we weren't even aloud to drive the EVO's when we got them...only the Top 2 techs and the sales manager were aloud

And as for 10 miles, come on, you had brake and clutch problems...(take the car out to try and find the problem...depending on the dealerships location & the tech figuring out the problem there’s a few miles...fix the problem.... take it back out, and make sure it's running fine. there’s a few more miles) Hell it took them over 20 miles to get my suspension fixed right.

I just think that it all comes down to A lot of you are paranoid about you car, or you have a ****ty dealership...I love mine, not just because I use to work there, but because they are good people, they don't care about MODS, Hell they installed all of mine for me, and I didn't even buy all of them from them......

So I say, go find a dealership you can trust, and be happy that you drive an EVO.

Just my $.02
Old Dec 16, 2003, 03:39 PM
Evolved Member

no...but thank the lord that my dad is a mechanic...
Old Dec 16, 2003, 03:56 PM
Evolving Member

i know this is sent out to the evo owners, but i for one... an oz owner, I WOULD NEVER LET THOSE ****ERS TOUCH MY CAR LOL, only at first for the first AND ONLY FIRST oil change, everything else, including every oil change since i baught my toy
Old Dec 16, 2003, 04:10 PM

so all cars are the same deep down inside huh,IUP200, WRONG!! Its easy for you to be biased to considering you worked at a mitsu dealer. Well, screw a warranty, who cares, they will never touch my car, not even for free. as for a good dealership, good luck, they are either closing up shop or cant be trusted. and isnt it funny how stupid the salesguys ALWAYS are, IUP200 included since he thinks all cars are mechanically the same. and to think that guy made money selling me something he knew nothing about.

Quick Reply: Do you trust your mitsu technician to take care of your evo.