Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

buschur exhaust+hp numbers

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2003, 05:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
buschur exhaust+hp numbers

ive tried searching but with no luck so im just guna ask. has anyone dynoed a stock evo with just the 3 inch buschur exhaust yet? and also, ive heard sound clips too but. is it really that loud . i mean can it still be daily drivien without giving you a headache? please somoen with this exhaust let me know what the deal is. i mean there is soo much talk about how loud the system is..but yet how good it performs.
Derek
Old Dec 17, 2003, 06:00 PM
Evolving Member

anyone with the exhaust.? im not new to the boards if your thinking.. stupid newb. ive been on for a while.. but post somthin guys..
Old Dec 17, 2003, 06:06 PM
Evolved Member

The exhaust is somewhat loud if you are in the back seat - but nothing overwhelming. If you really want the exhaust to be toned down a bit, Buschur does offer the Magnaflow muffler for a mere 20$ more.
Old Dec 17, 2003, 06:11 PM
Evolved Member

I hate double posting.
Old Dec 17, 2003, 06:34 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I have had the Buschur turbo-back system on my car without any other mods.. Definitely improved the performance of the car, however I did not dyno the car to get any hard facts.

I do run with a catalytic converter and their JDM muffler (The first system they offered) and from the outside it sounds louder than on the inside.. When your idling and driving, with the Cat, its not very loud at all. I ran for a week without a CAT and it was noticably louder (loud enough for me to put the CAT back on)

Hope that helps.. Can't post hard numbers, but the gains you will make with the exhaust will be alot more dramatic if done as part of an upgrade in tuning also.
Old Dec 17, 2003, 06:47 PM
Evolving Member

ok thanks. ya cus he is having a sale so i figured i would buy it ya know.. so it's noticible?
Old Dec 17, 2003, 06:50 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
It sounds NICE.. at first I thought it was a little loud for my taste, but its actually not all that loud with the CAT.. when your driving its not mindnumbing whatsoever, its pleasant sounding.. and when you jump on it, its just ANGRY sounding. Definitely the best bang for the buck..
Old Dec 17, 2003, 07:00 PM
Evolved Member

Happy with mine....loud...but happy...
Old Dec 17, 2003, 07:01 PM
Evolving Member

ok thanks will do..but the butt dyno notices somthin right. i mean it didnt get niose fast kinda thing.. and think is is a good idea to get the intake with that . will it gain anything?
Old Dec 17, 2003, 07:13 PM
Evolving Member

I have the turbo back with the magnaflow muffler.

Yes you can definitely tell the difference in power. It was quite noticeable.

I went to a meet with dcevoclub.com and met a guy there who had the buschur 3" with Buschur's muffler. The actual tone of the exhaust wasn't much different. However, the magnaflow was noticeably quieter. Both sounded nice, but I'm a mellow kind of guy and am glad I went with the Magnaflow muffler.
Old Dec 17, 2003, 07:22 PM
Evolving Member

cool. ya i just dont want to get headaches while driving around town.
Old Dec 17, 2003, 07:29 PM

get the Magnaflow, I have it, but its on the UR 3" TB with testpipe, and its perfect. gets compliments from people, including another evo.
Old Dec 17, 2003, 08:40 PM
Evolving Member

what 1/4 time should i be expecting from the intake/ dp back exhaust? any estimates? i ran a 13.8 stock so far with a 1.9 60ft
Old Dec 17, 2003, 09:30 PM

beenwaitin4evo.......i'm also located here in richmond, va. and also leaning toward purchasing this buschur turbo back exhaust..........you mind if i can meet you somewhere and checked out the full exhaust on your evo? I'm a little bit worried on how loud the exhaust will be! Can you let me know, thanks......................by the way who did the install?
Old Dec 18, 2003, 10:21 PM
Account Disabled

THE BIGGEST power difference is found at 5000 RPM+ it just pics up and goes.

Today I was stuck behind 2 cars doing 60MPH. Traffic passed and I floored it and by the time I passed the 2nd car, before I merged back into the proper lane, I was doing over 100MPH.

Tuned with an Intake and MBC set to 20 PSI, the Full turbi back exhaust is good for 30-40whp, very NOTICABLE, i SAY GET ONE ASAP, A EXHAUST IS one of the Biggest gaisn you will see, turbos love it.