Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Warranty voided because of aftermarket clutch

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2003, 11:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Warranty voided because of aftermarket clutch

Hey guy just want to let you know they voided my warranty because i have a clutch that is not and oem clutch i have the exedy twin disc and they voided the whole car and the repair bill for a new tranny and transfer is 6000 and i am very mad
i really hate mitsu at this time

so just a warning you may want to go with the factory clutch when it goes out
Old Dec 17, 2003, 11:08 PM
Evolving Member

and they dont know about all the other stuff i had on it either
Old Dec 17, 2003, 11:22 PM

Re: Warranty voided because of aftermarket clutch

Originally posted by IgotaWhiteOne
Hey guy just want to let you know they voided my warranty because i have a clutch that is not and oem clutch i have the exedy twin disc and they voided the whole car and the repair bill for a new tranny and transfer is 6000 and i am very mad
i really hate mitsu at this time

so just a warning you may want to go with the factory clutch when it goes out
just because you have an aftermarket clutch doesnt mean mitsu will void all warranties...this sucks the big one..
sorry to hear about the 6k bill
Old Dec 17, 2003, 11:27 PM
Evolved Member

so why do you need new tranny in the first place? it sucks that they dont cover it but do you expect mitsu to wanna shell out the cash to pay for your tranny wene you have a after market clutch? i wouldnt = / sucks but welcome to the real world, they would have found anyway possible to not pay for the tranny , if it wasnt the aftermarket clutch they would have blammed it on you launching the car.. my 2 cents
Old Dec 17, 2003, 11:38 PM
Evolved Member

these trannys are damn near bullet proof, what happend?

dont take it laying down, fight their desicion
Old Dec 17, 2003, 11:39 PM
Evolved Member

crap. i can't afford $6000.

Last edited by alex_alex; Dec 18, 2003 at 12:21 AM.
Old Dec 17, 2003, 11:42 PM
Evolving Member

they think it might need a new tranny 2 they just are being gay that why i am callin the main mitsu tomorrow and they are gonna open up something called a cr (customer relation) i will talk to them and ask why the warranty is voided and they will tell me i might have to bit** a little to get it done but the squeaky wheel gets the oil
Old Dec 17, 2003, 11:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Please keep us informed. They cannot make you put their equipment in the car.

http://www.sema.org/content/?ID=22238&criteria=moss

Check this site and take a copy of the information with you. If they offered to put their clutch back in under warranty then you may have a problem, but they need to prove that your clutch caused the damage if not. You just recently put it in didn't you? Besides that, they cannot deny your complete warrany because of a drivetrain issue unless they can prove that you were racing it at a track.
Old Dec 18, 2003, 12:00 AM
Evolving Member

thanks man ill let them see that tomrrow
Old Dec 18, 2003, 12:18 AM
Evolved Member

If you mod your car and break it than why should Mitsu pay for it. I'm sorry but tranny and transfer case just don't break on its own. Now if you put in more power and do other mods and drive it hard than that's not Mitsu's fault that your car broke.
Time to grow up and take some responsibility for what you do and how you do it. I been driving for 14 years and have owned 6 different cars, bought brand new, and none of them had a problem. Only when I started to mod and drive it hard like street race, I found tranny and other problems, and these cars were not even close to 200hp.
Now with my Evo, I still drive it pretty hard but I kept it close to stock, only minor mods. I have 6k miles and even though I miss shifted, grinded some gears, and rev past 7k more than I have liked, it still drives great. But if my tranny does break, I know it's not all mitsu's fault since I drive pretty hard.
So please, own up to your mistakes and decisions that you have made to your car.
Old Dec 18, 2003, 12:31 AM
Evolving Member

my mitsubishi dealer said if i add mods i need to have MITSUBISHI DEALERS install it, it won't VOID the warranty.... i was wondering if u heard about that... cuz i got a 6 year warranty, and if they tell me i can't add parts from OEM or wut not, ima be all stock for awhile..
Old Dec 18, 2003, 12:48 AM
Evolved Member

All dealership differ. Some will help you out even if you have tons of mod. But read your warranty manual. It does not encourage any mods to your car and Mitsu will void the warranty. Obviously, if you do any mod to the engine or the tranny and one of them does break, Mitsu has the right to VOID the warranty on that part. I had Honda void a warranty on a cracked exhaust manifold because I had an intake.
I say go talk to the dealer you bought your car from. My dealer knows that Evos are very strong cars and can take quite of bid of mods. He will cover warranty as long as you don't go too far like 500hp.
Old Dec 18, 2003, 12:54 AM
Evolved Member

word
Old Dec 18, 2003, 05:05 AM
Evolving Member

That's a bunch of crap! You need to call an attorney, what Mit's is doing is illegal and they need to be called on it. Installing an aftermarket clutch should not void your warranty............call an attorney and sue the **** out of them if you have too.
Old Dec 18, 2003, 05:11 AM
Evolved Member

hrmm a clutch is a wear item isn't it? so how can it void a warrenty?

Quick Reply: Warranty voided because of aftermarket clutch