Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Car is getting no POWER... Help needed

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2011, 08:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by e v o
Have you drivin in a rain storm recently, like right before you parked the car? I had the same exact problem that you mentioned like 2 months ago. I still to this day have no idea where the problem started but, I let my car sit in the garage for a couple of days and it started right up. Somehow water got into some circuit causing the car to ground out right away and kill all electricity to the car. .....I also do not have an undertray on my car so water may have splashed up onto the starter area...any way good luck and hopefully you figure it out
I have ecountered any rain. The car has been sitting for about a week waiting on parts and us doing the installs.

There was some fluids spilled... i.e. power steering fluid, oil, coolant. i dont know if that would cause a sensor to short out.

Its the ground on the tranny that is shorting out i just need to find what is giving it power.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 08:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LGshow19
Thats why i didnt mention those items since they have nothing to do with what is going on.

We never re-wired or anything of that nature.

Just installed everything the way it was suppose to be.

Its Crazy because it cranked to prime the turbo when the we had the crank sensor disconnected. Then we connected it to start the car and let it idle and it started up right away. We shut it off and started it back up a few minutes later and it started to have this problem.
yea tahts real crazy.. most it shoulda done was throw a code but still start after.

if you disconnect that sensor and try to start it again.. see if it cranks or still sparks.. maybe it has something to do with the sensor if thats all that was done electrical wise.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 08:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sharkm87
yea tahts real crazy.. most it shoulda done was throw a code but still start after.

if you disconnect that sensor and try to start it again.. see if it cranks or still sparks.. maybe it has something to do with the sensor if thats all that was done electrical wise.
The thing is im not getting any power to even lock my doors. Let alone crank the car.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 09:15 AM
Evolved Member

Another thing i would like to throw in is that after reseting the battery numerous times and checking if it would hold power. The car just lost all power.

Tried to crank it after reseting the battery and it just turned off and now theres no power.

Would that be symptoms of a fried ECU? Since all fuses are good(visually checked).
Old Apr 11, 2011, 09:45 AM
Evolved Member

mm... is it the ignition? is it shutting off when you put it to on, or after yu try and crank.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 09:48 AM
Evolved Member

maybe you can pull a fuse t ignition.. than connect batter see if its still sparkin and try and narrow it down that way to see which circuit is causing it... idk

i'm just pissin in the wind
Old Apr 11, 2011, 10:11 AM
Evolved Member

mm... is it the ignition? is it shutting off when you put it to on, or after yu try and crank.
It was happening when both turning the ignition to "on" and when we finally got some power to get pass the "on" position we tried to crank it and lost all power.

what fuse is ignition?
Old Apr 11, 2011, 10:13 AM
Evolved Member

Would one bad relay cause the car to not have any power what so ever?
Old Apr 11, 2011, 10:19 AM
Evolved Member

idk which fuse is which,... should show you on the cover.... its something to try i suppose
Old Apr 11, 2011, 10:22 AM
Evolved Member

idk which fuse is which,... should show you on the cover.... its something to try i suppose
I just re-checked all fuses under the hood and everything is good.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 11:35 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Try bypassing the ignition.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 11:43 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by icole
Try bypassing the ignition.
How would i do that? Would this damage anything?

What about that ground still sparking on the tranny?
Old Apr 11, 2011, 12:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Have you checked your positive battery terminal wires for any signs off them losing their sheathing? The positive and negative go pretty close on alot of set-ups, could you have rubbed two together and lost sheathing and they're touching which is sending power down the ground to the tranny? Do you run the stock battery set-up? Take some pictures and post up, sometimes pics help spur ideas
Old Apr 11, 2011, 12:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 05blue8
Have you checked your positive battery terminal wires for any signs off them losing their sheathing? The positive and negative go pretty close on alot of set-ups, could you have rubbed two together and lost sheathing and they're touching which is sending power down the ground to the tranny? Do you run the stock battery set-up? Take some pictures and post up, sometimes pics help spur ideas
What is "Sheathing"?

Im running the mini battery...

Ill take some pics and post them up.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 12:42 PM
Evolved Member

Pics

Heres some pics of the terminals and also the ground on the tranny that is sparking.
Attached Thumbnails Car is getting no POWER... Help needed-img00663-20110411-1432.jpg   Car is getting no POWER... Help needed-img00662-20110411-1431.jpg   Car is getting no POWER... Help needed-img00661-20110411-1431.jpg  

Quick Reply: Car is getting no POWER... Help needed