Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Synchronic BOV HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2011, 03:37 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Synchronic BOV HELP!!

I haven't purchased it yet but im split between a BOV that sounds great and a BOV that acutally does its job the best. I thought about buying a HKS SSQV3 because it sounds great. But the more i look into these Synchronic BOV it seems that it only makes sence. I want someones input that has bought it already and tested it out. Also would like to know whats the deal with the anti-stall kit for MAF cars is this only if i want to have the car vent-to-atmosphere discharge. Even though i currently have the car re-circulating anyone i may want to vent-to-atmosphere. Please help i am curenttly in the middle of my build and this is the only link i am unsure of.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 03:44 PM

I would not purchase one vented to air! Unless your running a Blow-Thru MAF style. If your not your dumping metered air when you shift and that will throw off your AFR.

There is no benefit of getting an atmosphere one.

With that being said pretty much any well named brand DV style will work
Old Apr 28, 2011, 03:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Pitside
I would not purchase one vented to air! Unless your running a Blow-Thru MAF style. If your not your dumping metered air when you shift and that will throw off your AFR.

There is no benefit of getting an atmosphere one.

With that being said pretty much any well named brand DV style will work

Thank for your advise im more than likely going to re-circulate it but more or less would like to know weather or not its worth getting the synchronic over the SSQV3
Old Apr 28, 2011, 03:53 PM

IMO no, really the basic one works just fine. The other one just sounds "Better".
Old Apr 28, 2011, 03:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ive had it for about 2 years and havent not had any issues. I had a APS Twin Vent, Stock BOV, first version of HKS SSQV. Synapse has been the best for me thus far.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 03:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by xtreme5369
Ive had it for about 2 years and havent not had any issues. I had a APS Twin Vent, Stock BOV, first version of HKS SSQV. Synapse has been the best for me thus far.

Can you be a bit more specific as to why its been better for you. By the looks of it and all the videos ive seen there is absolutely no surge with this newer BOV and i currently have the SSQV first version and i get surge.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 03:58 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I have a couple of Synchronics and I love them. I've run them both ways (vented and recirculated ) and didn't really notice a difference either way. They hold boost awesome and actually sounds really good.
I have one for sale if you are interested. I also have a anti stall kit as well. PM me if you need more information.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Evofiebre11
Can you be a bit more specific as to why its been better for you. By the looks of it and all the videos ive seen there is absolutely no surge with this newer BOV and i currently have the SSQV first version and i get surge.
There should not be surging with any of them. As long as you run the proper sized vacuum line and tap from the correct source. The surging usually comes from to small of a vac line to flow the amount need to open the valve.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 04:27 PM
Evolving Member

anyone else with heavy experiance with this BOV
Old Apr 28, 2011, 04:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Pitside
There should not be surging with any of them. As long as you run the proper sized vacuum line and tap from the correct source. The surging usually comes from to small of a vac line to flow the amount need to open the valve.

Okay this makes sence i will have to look into that, its a lil dark but i will have to take a look
Old Apr 28, 2011, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Evofiebre11
Okay this makes sence i will have to look into that, its a lil dark but i will have to take a look
I had a bit of a problem with one, It was "T" fitted into a vac line, but once I gave it its own dedicated line straight to manifold vacuum all issues were gone. The same goes with the wastegate. Many will have boost spike, because the line is not dedicated or, large enough to react fast enough with boost.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 05:46 AM
Evolving Member

Are there any tuners out there with experience with this bov
Old Apr 29, 2011, 05:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
I have a recirc'ed synapse BOV and it's absolutely wonderful - no surge whatsoever, much better than the Forge DV I had before. You can also hear it quite well, since you seem to want a BOV that you can hear.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 06:02 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is no comparison between the Synchronic and ANY other valve. It's absolutely amazing. it will release charge pressure at 1 psi and eliminates surge almost completely ( you can still get it to surge a bit if you are hard boosting in 5th)

stock,hks,ebay ****s, they all cause surge at low shifts and its way annoying.

PS you CAN run atmospherically. With and without recirculating your dv/bov your AFR will dip. I ran my silly hks for months like that and not a single problem.

With that said you cannot run a synchronic atmospherically. Well I haven't tried but as you can see in this video the valve is open at idle. I'm sure that would cause some problems lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MU5Y6d9rh1k
Old Apr 29, 2011, 06:13 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by b16a2delsol
There is no comparison between the Synchronic and ANY other valve. It's absolutely amazing. it will release charge pressure at 1 psi and eliminates surge almost completely ( you can still get it to surge a bit if you are hard boosting in 5th)

stock,hks,ebay ****s, they all cause surge at low shifts and its way annoying.

PS you CAN run atmospherically. With and without recirculating your dv/bov your AFR will dip. I ran my silly hks for months like that and not a single problem.

With that said you cannot run a synchronic atmospherically. Well I haven't tried but as you can see in this video the valve is open at idle. I'm sure that would cause some problems lol.
Yeah the kit would be required if i want to run it open. Im getting real good feedback from this keep it coming more and more i hear i realling my go with the synchronic

Quick Reply: Synchronic BOV HELP!!