Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Ultimate Police Repellent!!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2011, 02:16 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EvoJoeIX
the only thing that will stop cops from pulling you over are FP tags
I remember finding a forum where cops basically call out other cops regarding a lack of "professional Courtesy" and a LOT of the threads were about VA state troopers.

Quick google search: http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...onal-Courtesy&

^ Looks like it's a throughly explored topic.

Sorry to derail! I'll echo everyone else in this thread by saying thanks for your service it's too bad you couldn't get the lettering you wanted... would have been so awesome :P
Old Apr 30, 2011, 02:29 PM
HN7
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SmurfZilla
I'm never going back to the communist state of VA. Speeders are worse then killers there.
+1. All GPS should have a "Avoid VA" option.
Old Apr 30, 2011, 02:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for your service man...it's greatly appreciated!
Old Apr 30, 2011, 02:48 PM
Evolved Member

Glad I don't live in va any more
Old Apr 30, 2011, 03:35 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by thecrossup2323
lol @ VA cops, my experience FL cops are nicer at least in Orlando.
you said it.. at least in Orlando. i wish i could say the same for the cops in Miami
Old May 6, 2011, 11:37 AM
Evolved Member

I seem to have no issues at all beating cops....

(I DONT CONDONE SPEEDING, but if someone puts a gun to your head, here's how to do it without tickets.)

In close quarter city driving with limits of 25-30: 5mph over

In close quarter city driving with limits of 35-40mph: 7mph over
In multi-lane city driving with limits of 35-40mph: 11mph over

In multi-lane city driving with limits of 45-55mph: 11mph over
In multi-lane rural driving with limits of 45-55mph: 13mph over

Interstate driving with limits of 55mph: 10mph over
Interstate driving with limits of 65mph: 7mph over (perception issue)
Interstate driving with limits of 70mph: 15mph over

* Remove 3mph whenever no cars are around you, or you lead the pack.

* Add 3mph when in rush hour.

* Remove 5mph when a cop is around or in sight, or if the radar detector goes off for an area normally silent.

* Cease all speeding in areas with active schools, churches, sidewalks near the street, or parallel parking.

* Limit yourself to 5mph over during severely off-peak times. Driving at 4am? 5mph over max, even on the interstates.

The idea is to be close to an "allowable" speed along with using the other cars to blend in. If you get popped for 10 over but not 6 over, count how long it takes to get from 10 to 6 when lifting the throttle. Your target goal is about 3 seconds but no longer. Basically when you are a single target, back off, and when you can blend into a big group without being the 1st or last, you can speed all you want. If you get separated from the group or at least 3 cars nearby, slow down.

Whenever you see a cop, simply lift the throttle, DONT BRAKE, and 99% of the time you are only doing 4-5 over by the time they clock you. They don't care about that amount over and will simply ignore you. You have to be watching ALL THE TIME scanning the horizon and mirrors constantly. Basically this only works for non-distracted drivers. I focus 100% on the road all the time.

I find that idiots are people who go too slow on the highway, and too fast on the city streets. I speed like crazy during rush hour but know when to slow down and where the cops are. Choosing roads without areas for them to sit really helps. You can also use any drivers who drive aggressively to weed out the cops. Someone just cut you off? Act like you want to get in front of them, which causes them to go speeding wildly while you slow back down to your planned speed. They will be a better target than you for the next few miles.

Basically build a profile of all the different areas you stroll through, and know where you can go faster, and where you have to slow down or get popped.

I never get ticketed, it's been years and years, yet I still go over 15mph over daily in our 70mph zones.

A lot like beating the house at blackjack, you have to maximize any slight advantage, and minimize all disadvantages. When stacked up you can easily avoid tickets. It's like running from a Bear, you don't have to be faster or better than the bear, only faster than the slowest guy. Make yourself the least attractive target when possible. If everyone else is behaving, you need to as well.

Last edited by acidtonic; May 6, 2011 at 11:53 AM.
Old May 6, 2011, 11:48 AM
Evolving Member

That plate doesn't mean you wont get pulled over. Just means you probably won't be getting a ticket
Old May 6, 2011, 11:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by acidtonic
I seem to have no issues at all beating cops....

(I DONT CONDONE SPEEDING, but if someone puts a gun to your head, here's how to do it without tickets.)

In close quarter city driving with limits of 25-30: 5mph over

In close quarter city driving with limits of 35-40mph: 7mph over
In multi-lane city driving with limits of 35-40mph: 11mph over

In multi-lane city driving with limits of 45-55mph: 11mph over
In multi-lane rural driving with limits of 45-55mph: 13mph over

Interstate driving with limits of 55mph: 10mph over
Interstate driving with limits of 65mph: 7mph over (perception issue)
Interstate driving with limits of 70mph: 15mph over

* Remove 3mph whenever no cars are around you, or you lead the pack.

* Add 3mph when in rush hour.

* Remove 5mph when a cop is around or in sight, or if the radar detector goes off for an area normally silent.

* Cease all speeding in areas with active schools, churches, sidewalks near the street, or parallel parking.

* Limit yourself to 5mph over during severely off-peak times. Driving at 4am? 5mph over max, even on the interstates.

The idea is to be close to an "allowable" speed along with using the other cars to blend in. If you get popped for 10 over but not 6 over, count how long it takes to get from 10 to 6 when lifting the throttle. Your target goal is about 3 seconds but no longer. Basically when you are a single target, back off, and when you can blend into a big group without being the 1st or last, you can speed all you want. If you get separated from the group or at least 3 cars nearby, slow down.

Whenever you see a cop, simply lift the throttle, DONT BRAKE, and 99% of the time you are only doing 4-5 over by the time they clock you. They don't care about that amount over and will simply ignore you. You have to be watching ALL THE TIME scanning the horizon and mirrors constantly. Basically this only works for non-distracted drivers. I focus 100% on the road all the time.

I find that idiots are people who go too slow on the highway, and too fast on the city streets. I speed like crazy during rush hour but know when to slow down and where the cops are. Choosing roads without areas for them to sit really helps. You can also use any drivers who drive aggressively to weed out the cops. Someone just cut you off? Act like you want to get in front of them, which causes them to go speeding wildly while you slow back down to your planned speed. They will be a better target than you for the next few miles.

Basically build a profile of all the different areas you stroll through, and know where you can go faster, and where you have to slow down or get popped.

I never get ticketed, it's been years and years, yet I still go over 15mph over daily in our 70mph zones.

A lot like beating the house at blackjack, you have to maximize any slight advantage, and minimize all disadvantages. When stacked up you can easily avoid tickets. It's like running from a Bear, you don't have to be faster or better than the bear, only faster than the slowest guy. Make yourself the least attractive target when possible. If everyone else is behaving, you need to as well.
While this is all absolutely true, and I agree like you said its a lot like beating the house at blackjack. Give it enough time and the house WILL win. Other things can hurt your chances a lot. I know that in my area the cops hate modified import cars... I get profiled like you would not believe. For a long time I was being pulled over on an average of once a week or more. Even when not being pulled over I would be followed for 5+ miles with the cop just sitting on my bumper. If you are lowered, darkly tinted, loud exhaust, loud BOV etc you are going to get priority over the Camry in the lane next to you doing 5-10 mph more.
Old May 6, 2011, 12:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by blackenedwings
While this is all absolutely true, and I agree like you said its a lot like beating the house at blackjack. Give it enough time and the house WILL win. Other things can hurt your chances a lot. I know that in my area the cops hate modified import cars... I get profiled like you would not believe. For a long time I was being pulled over on an average of once a week or more. Even when not being pulled over I would be followed for 5+ miles with the cop just sitting on my bumper. If you are lowered, darkly tinted, loud exhaust, loud BOV etc you are going to get priority over the Camry in the lane next to you doing 5-10 mph more.
I drive a Red Ford Escape (about a rare as a Red Chevy Cavalier) with puppy paw prints on the back and zero mods. The Evo has exhaust and BOV, but I instantly lug it at low rpm whenever cops are around making it look and sound like it's beat up rather than modified. I don't speed as much in the Evo as the Escape since I look like a Soccer Mom.

My next cruiser will most likely be an old Police Interceptor. I'll remove the hubcaps, add A-pillar lights to both sides, big Ham antenna, with HAM Licensed plates. The fact that it looks exactly like an undercover, with a funky license plate and big antenna, is all the camo you need.

Another part is to do your duty about reporting the police since we're so technical about every little thing nowadays. If you ever see a cop turn without a signal, or speed but blatantly stop into the 7-11... call the non emergency number and report it. I've also noticed areas with limited police forces tend to focus on real crime. Only the over-funded areas conduct speed traps daily. You can change how you vote to help the police who need it and take it from the police who have 3 cars on the same stretch of road every day writing nothing but tickets.

Thankfully the people with bad legs who can only walk, weren't able to legislate "running" to be illegal. Those with small brains will do whatever they can to force anyone smarter down to their level and speed. Don't run now, it's unsafe . Why can't these people just stay at home since going outside is so unsafe? The rest of us would like to accept some risk and not waste our whole day trotting around behind Saturns travelling 10 under in the fast lane.

People seem to do just fine on the Autobahn . Good luck trying to find an American who actually yields the fast lane to faster traffic. I'm somewhat embarrassed at how dumb my countries citizens drive compared to Europe. I have foreigners in for business at work and the new timers are always flabbergasted at how idiotic we drive here. "Why do the police only only care about how fast you drive?", "Why does everybody use the overtaking lane?", "Why do you allow unmaintained vehicles on your roads, this van is going to fall apart!".

I've actually considered moving to Germany since my company has offices there. I want to find somewhere without so overly cautious and safety oriented people. It's getting terrible here lately.

Last edited by acidtonic; May 6, 2011 at 01:51 PM.
Old May 6, 2011, 01:38 PM
Account Disabled

dmv are stupid. But its a thanks job im sure. My friend got his vet plate with his cat card. I thought it was super funny that anyone could have gotten it under our visit. Glad your back safe man.