Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Possible poly do luck lip availability!!!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2011, 09:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Possible poly do luck lip availability!!!

I'be been speaking to baysonr through email about obtaining a polyurethane do luck style lip. He does not sell them but if someone is willing to donate a lip (to make a mold) and there is plenty of interest he will make a batch. I know there Is definitely a market for this lip so the only other issue I see here Is getting him a lip to make mold since I myself don't not own one. Everyone has been asking for a poly do luck lip and now is our chance to get them made. So if you are interested let's get a list going and see if someone can lend him a lip.

1. Cvnick
2. noypiC50
3. VajEvo
4. MissoulaEvo
5. jdmsego
6. 05BlackBeast
7. Cartuner08
8. Bobster22388
9. Ev0ikon
10. bigben
11.cmoney
12. Kid_evo8
13. gsrboi80
14. oOCujoOo

Last edited by cvnick; May 11, 2011 at 11:38 AM.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 09:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
someone else sells them on ebay.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 10:01 PM
Evolved Member

They sell doluck style carbon lips. They shouldn't need any donation.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 10:16 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
they are already available on ebay as stated above
Old Apr 29, 2011, 10:23 PM

The do luck polyurethane lip is not available on eBay. I have been looking for the past 2 weeks and have not seen any yet. Someone made a good point though and they're absolutely correct that he shouldn't need a donation since he does sell the carbon fiber do luck lip.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 10:25 PM
Evolved Member

Just for the record, the quality of the current poly doluck lip which has very intermittent availability is very poor. A high quality poly lip would be excellent.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 10:27 PM

He shot over another email basically saying if he can get enough interest to motivate them to make the lip they will do it so if anyone is interested please get on the list.
Old Apr 30, 2011, 04:50 AM

Bump
Old Apr 30, 2011, 07:52 AM
Evolved Member

^ Did they mention how long the process would take?
Old Apr 30, 2011, 08:12 AM

no he hasn't yet. i guess he wants to get a feel for the market on this lip and from there he will determine whats going to happen. i'm going to find all the threads about people looking for a poly do luck lip and send them to him.
Old Apr 30, 2011, 09:45 AM
Evolving Member

what's the estimated price on these things if they go into production?
Old Apr 30, 2011, 09:56 AM

I would like it if its made great!
Old Apr 30, 2011, 01:12 PM

This is the most recent email I received from him basically stating the process. I still don't understand why they need a lip when they can just send one of their own. I emailed him to better understand why and I will update again when I get an answer.

Dear vtec94civic,

Pricing of course will be reasonable, it's something that can't be answered at this moment. How long it takes to get the lip, say we have the lip donation on Monday, and we ship it back to oversea immediately the same day, they should get a sample lip for us around mid-June. Then we have to test the fitment of the lip on multiple cars, and when we say okay to them, then they will begin the mass production around the end of June, if it's not okay then there will be delay. Then it depends on our next shipment, say we have one in August, then we can get it in that shipment.

There are a few dozen other projects already in progress, and NOTHING for EVO at all. That's why if someone can do the donation that can motivate us to initiate the EVO project. We baysonr always listen, but we need help on the donation as well. Of course you can sit and wait and expect a PU lip manufacture to make such a lip, but you never know and you have no control. We baysonr have the 2nd biggest PU lip manufacture in the whole world in oversea. We are in San Jose, California, so please help us get someone to donate the lip to us.

Thanks

- baysonr
Old May 1, 2011, 09:02 AM

Ok I asked him if he could make a mold off his own do luck cf lip instead of getting an authentic do luck which would be extremely hard and this is what he said.

Dear vtec94civic,

That's the problem, because the one we are selling, it's not authentic, it's just replica. If we make a replica PU lip off a already replica CF, style wise it might not look very close. If everyone doesn't mind to sacrifice the best possible match on the style, we don't even need to send our manufacture the lip, just let them look at the pics and make it. But do you think everyone doesn't mind about that? You know, when you custom make one by hand it might not look like do luck lip anymore. It should look similar. Do you and everyone else mind about that, that's most important.

- baysonr

So basically if you guys can sacrifice a slight difference in the way the lip looks it might happen. I need more feedback guys what happened to everyone in all the other posts complaining about no lol do luck lip. Now there is a opportunity but nobody is around now.
Old May 1, 2011, 09:21 AM
Evolving Member

i'd be interested sign me up, they are local to me too but dont have a lip to donate/loan

Quick Reply: Possible poly do luck lip availability!!!