Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Help me convert my VTA Greddy RS to Recir PICS

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2011, 09:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Stock UICP piece and bov purchased. Thanks for all the assistance, thore (and everyone else)

But for the record, I replaced the inner spring and noticed some key differences between my countless stops on the sides of random roads adjusting the pos greddy.

With the single spring mod, my freeway cruising was awesome... Sort of. I got no compressor surge when I would release rapidly from boosting. It actuated extremely quick and easily to allow any amount of boost out fast. BUT, my city cruising SUCKED in my lower gears, surging and sh!tting all over the place (figuratively)

But with BOTH springs, it was the complete oppsosite. I hate this greddy.

But Im sure if it was recirculating instead of vta, I could find a happy spot. Oh well **** it. What should I sell it for?
Old May 2, 2011, 12:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm not sure about selling it. If it doesn't work properly, then you would just be selling broken parts. I have s GReddy type s bov that never worked right on my car (I just have a stockpile of bovs don't I?) and thought about selling it. I just didn't want to get bad rep if someone else got mad because they thought they were buying a problem free item.

Funny how something so small like a bov would throw your whole car for a loop. Hope everything works out when you get it installed!

Last edited by Thore; May 2, 2011 at 05:07 PM.
Old May 2, 2011, 07:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lol, you have way too many bovs.

well im sure its working fine, but Im also sure my car wasnt tuned for a VTA bov
Old May 3, 2011, 09:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah just stick with the stock dv and it will last you for awhile. You won't get the loud bov sound but you won't have to deal with the headache of getting your car to get along with a vta bov.

If you up the boost to 25+ psi then you can look into a synapse or Tial diverter valve.