Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo 9 preview...330 ps

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2003, 07:16 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by OmarSpeedAddict
There is no way ladies will even look at you with that mess. ....but serously what girl is going to look at you in that weird ***, Pontiac Sunfire look-alike thing!
Not many girls know about horsepower and AWD so don't expected to go".....well at least it has 330hp..." jeje
You obviously bought an Evo for the right reason.

I'm sure I speak for many others as well when I say that I didn't buy the damn car to get me laid, I bought it because it was a bad *** machine. Getting laid is something a man needs to accomplish himself, not make his car do for him. Besides, chicks that do you because of what car your drive are shallow *****es anyway.

It's "a drivers car" as has been said, and I feel that any mechanical or performance improvement made to this car is nothing but good.
Old Dec 20, 2003, 07:30 PM

http://www.autoworldforums.com/vbull...ead.php?t=7439

another website w/ pics
Old Dec 20, 2003, 07:36 PM
Evolving Member

Every Evo has had color-coordinated door handles, with the exception of the RS model which is only available in white, with door handles and side view mirrors in black..... and let's not forget about the unofficial horsepower limit of 280 ps....
Old Dec 20, 2003, 07:44 PM

Originally posted by BALtown
i kinda like it....since they kept alot of the same things from the evo8, they really only changed the front, barely. would this be an 07' model if it came to the US?
You obviously didn't see that the fenders are no longer of the blister type, which is one of the most significant styling cues of the EVO 7 and 8. I actually like this image of the EVO. It looks like a much more "fresh" design than the EVO 8.
Old Dec 20, 2003, 09:29 PM

Is it just me are do the photos look like a rendition or photoshopped. If you look at the picture of the silver evo "XI" with a lavender evo Viii in the backset, the silver car's front bumper on the passenger side does not match up with the hood and headlight.
Old Dec 20, 2003, 09:52 PM
Evolving Member

in case anyone is wondering about the evo 9 having a 2.4 mivec turbo engine.... i personally don't believe that it will have a 2.4 sohc mivec turbo engine because as I recall that engine basically is the 4G64, which i used to own on a eclipse spyder... many, and many have tried to turbo charge that engine and for some odd reason it would never work right.... I'm not quite uptodate on the infos but those guys have been trying to turbo that engine for a long time, however... if mitsubishi was really going to do it then maybe they'll find a way... but i dont see how it will be done.

my 2 cents.
Old Dec 20, 2003, 09:53 PM
Evolved Member

Yes. It has been posted before but it was silver and was then determined as a photoshop. Also, look at the wing outside the car and then look at it inside the window. looks just a little bit weird but oh well.
Old Dec 21, 2003, 03:08 AM
Evolving Member

I dont think it looks that bad, but how much of a price increase are we talkin here?
Old Dec 21, 2003, 03:16 AM
Evolved Member

god, that looks like one of those butt-ugly ralliarts
Old Dec 21, 2003, 04:09 AM
Evolved Member

why are they downgrading the current projectors to reflectors?? It's not too bad tho...
Old Dec 21, 2003, 05:09 AM

Originally posted by i45
I highly dought that this will be the next evo, just becuase 1st off its not much of change (if u look down the lines, they changed actually have evloved to more difference of looks compared 2 to this and the evo)
well if you look at all the evo generations. the 1-3, 4-6, and 7-8, you can see that they never changed much to the appearance within each generation. I can believe that the evo 9 will look like this, but I think they would change it a little more. It is probably a chop though
Old Dec 21, 2003, 06:27 AM
gtr
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can't decide what looks cooler. This or the ralliart lancer If this is it subaru sales will skyrocket

The WRC version look better comparted to the ralliart lancer looking thing.

Last edited by gtr; Dec 21, 2003 at 06:34 AM.
Old Dec 21, 2003, 09:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't think it looks too bad, although it is probably a photochop. If you need a car to get laid you need to focus your attention on other areas ie. your looks and personality
Old Dec 21, 2003, 09:53 AM
Evolved Member

That can't be the Evo IX. It doesn't have the corporate standard front grille centerpiece.
I don't like the angular headlights at the moment, but I didn't like the Evo VIII when I first saw it, and now I like it. I don't hear anyone complaining about the Evo VIII's look anymore. Just give it some time.
Old Dec 21, 2003, 11:44 AM
Evolving Member

looks like an EVO had an affair with a SRT-4....

Quick Reply: Evo 9 preview...330 ps