Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Horrible Warranty Story

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2003, 08:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by BeenWaitin4Evo

Can't remember who started it, but one of the guys on here posted about his dealership used his words here on this forum against him to deny his warranty.
StrictlyBidness started it.
Old Dec 21, 2003, 08:24 PM
Evolving Member

I think the first guy that worked on my car didnt have a clue on what he was doing, however when i went back the 2nd time, Chris was they one that fixed my lights (found the fuse under the hood) in 3 seconds and replaced it.

I talked to the service guys, i cant pronounce his name correctly, something ilke hasii or something. In anycase, it seemed like they didnt want to take responsiblity for anything, even for a small fuse, i mean, had Chris worked on my car the first time and fixed it in 3 seconds, i'm sure that they wouldn't have charged, however, they had an incompetent mechanic that took more than an hour to figure it out...

In any case, I'll be asking for a full refund.
Old Dec 21, 2003, 10:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by bchai
this is why i always ignore the warranty stuff, actually, not just mits, but most of the japan car dealers are the same like that.
so just forget about those warranty, they are just somethin use to make u feel comfort to buy yr car.
you haven't been to toyota dealer in CA... I must say all of them are super to me... especially longo toyota... sure they charge a little more but the service is the best around...
Old Dec 22, 2003, 10:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know your pain. Fuses or loose connections are such a common problem that they are #1 on my troubleshooting list.
Old Dec 22, 2003, 10:37 AM
LDB
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by BeenWaitin4Evo

It's probably not needed if you're careful about your identity but the fact that it's there will actually help protect you if Mitsu tries to use this forum against you. If they're using what you say here, then they have to use the disclaimer.
The disclaimer won't do anything. MM is very clear as to what can and can not "void" a warranty. In actuality a warranty cannot be voided in it's entirety except in the most extreme of circumstances. MM is going to supercede anything people put in their post. It just adds pages and bandwidth to the site.

Louisiana "might" be an exception since their legal system is very different than the remainder of the states but even then the federal MM should supercede.
Old Dec 22, 2003, 04:35 PM
Evolving Member

So far I've gotten hold of the service manager named Sal(?) and I also called corporate mitsubishi and they opened up a case number for me. However, it seems like he has to speak to the tech that worked on my car and hes not working today, in any case, he is adamant that no fuses would ever go out, and my response to him was okie you can prove to me that 100% under no circumstances should a fuse go out and he went silent and kind of brushed me off and said he'll call me tomorrow. Regardless, if they cannot give me physical or logical explainantions chronicially the fuse blown by my aftermarket stereo, then I'll assume that I'm entitled to my refund. He kind of send that its irrelevant now to proof that the stereo caused that???? this guys pissing me off.
Old Dec 23, 2003, 01:05 PM
Evolving Member

Heres an update, I just talked to the service Manager and he is not going to refund my money at all and per his words "because you put an aftermarket radio in you've voided your warranty". I think thats the biggest Bull**** ever. In any case, I've called corporate mitsui and supposedly a factory rep is going to call me etc... wtf is this **** for $60....
Old Dec 23, 2003, 05:07 PM
Evolved Member

Just an idea, record the conversations that you have between you and anyone there. This might help you later on if they decide to try and pull a 180 on you if they decide to change their minds later (on cause or effect). You could also provide this info to their corporate office. Also, next time you get the chance, run by the dealership and ask for a comment card, anyone and everyone with any pull will hear about it then (they will all try to make you a happy customer). Make sure the comment card has your name and info on it though so they can trace it back to you to resolve the problem,
Old Dec 23, 2003, 08:42 PM
Evolving Member

myfirstnewcar: good advice, i think i will do that when i go home this weekend to visit my family (this was a dealership near where my family lives) hopefully i can get this resolved, even though it is for a very small amount of money, i still feel its not right for them to jack me like this.