Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo 9 wagons

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2011, 08:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love it, but i hate it, those tail lights are fugly, IMO it would of been better looking if they rounded off the back, sortof like the WRX.
Old May 7, 2011, 09:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Another pic I found.
Old May 7, 2011, 09:38 PM
Evolving Member

Here's another
Name:  EVOWAGON.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  255.0 KB
Old May 7, 2011, 09:57 PM

Well i've posted three pics of mine in the Gallery
Old May 7, 2011, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by stevemclaren9
Love mine but only problem mine has the 180kms restricter on it ,but thats well fast enough for NZ roads though
I have an HKS Speed limit defencer not being used if you want to buy it?
Old May 7, 2011, 10:59 PM
Evolved Member

WVO Wagons full of effin WIN!
Old May 7, 2011, 11:15 PM
Evolved Member

Have had my evo 9 wagon for a little while now and love every opportunity to drive it, they were only officially released in Japan so any wagons outside of Japan are JDM exports. Mine was imported to NZ with only 52km on the clock (so practically new). The pic I have up was from the previous owner. If anyone wants more pics just shout out and I can get some up right away.
Old May 8, 2011, 12:04 AM

Andy yours a 5 speed auto.
Old May 8, 2011, 12:06 AM

Been trying to get a front splitter and the Ralliart rear spolier for my wagon but because Ralliart have closed down not able to buy any ,any ideas anyone.
Old May 8, 2011, 12:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by stevemclaren9
Andy yours a 5 speed auto.
No, it's the GT not GT-A. It's the same 6 speed manual as the sedans. I saw the one you have for sale when I was looking for mine, except I'm from Hamilton and it was a bit far to travel to view so I got this one from tauranga.
Old May 8, 2011, 12:38 AM

You did not do all the mods then,how do you find it to drive with that clutch,i got it brought up to wellington and i swapped mine over and drove back home.
Originally Posted by AndyCT9A
No, it's the GT not GT-A. It's the same 6 speed manual as the sedans. I saw the one you have for sale when I was looking for mine, except I'm from Hamilton and it was a bit far to travel to view so I got this one from tauranga.
Old May 8, 2011, 12:40 AM

There must only be about half a dozen of us owners here in NZ,the garage i got mine from is importing a 5 speed auto in for someone down in invercargill.
Old May 8, 2011, 01:10 AM
Evolved Member

No, I bought it with all the mods already on. I'm still finding little mods every now and then, I need to check out the fuel pump, there's a bit of a whine that sounds like a walbro 255lph. It has an aftermarket clutch thats set to the same pressure as the evos in the NZ rally series. It was a bit hard for the first few days, a stall here and there(embarrassing) and that nasty smell but I got used to it after about a week. How is the clutch in yours?

There's definitely not many in NZ, there was a silver one in Auckland sold recently at GVI, and there's another black one for sale elsewhere. The one I bought is the first one I saw in real life. There's a good chance they're going to become collectables.

Last edited by AndyCT9W; May 8, 2011 at 01:32 AM.
Old May 8, 2011, 01:32 AM

My car is all stock,ye clutch felt very hard for about a cople of weeks ,nearly burn't it ou coming back from wellington ,took abit of time to get rid of the lovely smell. but used to it now just stalled the once but loving it now,think im the only one who owns one in the bay
Old May 8, 2011, 01:37 AM

That silver one went to someone in Wellington
Originally Posted by AndyCT9A
No, I bought it with all the mods already on. I'm still finding little mods every now and then, I need to check out the fuel pump, there's a bit of a whine that sounds like a walbro 255lph. It has an aftermarket clutch thats set to the same pressure as the evos in the NZ rally series. It was a bit hard for the first few days, a stall here and there(embarrassing) and that nasty smell but I got used to it after about a week. How is the clutch in yours?

There's definitely not many in NZ, there was a silver one in Auckland sold recently at GVI, and there's another black one for sale elsewhere. The one I bought is the first one I saw in real life. There's a good chance they're going to become collectables.

Quick Reply: Evo 9 wagons