Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

My $2,100 FP HTA Green

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2011, 11:35 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Situation handled nicely by the both of you.
Old May 18, 2011, 11:36 AM
Evolving Member

Ray is correct. However I did not notice any rubbing of the wheels on the housings. The only thing I found was a small metal ring on the turbo side of the oil drain tube which you can see in a previous post. I was told from fp that the wheels rubbed the housing bc of a lose band clamp. I took the band clamp off just to see if I could see ant kind of damage to the turbo by removing the exhaust housing. The turbo was then sent to fp and not ran on the car so I have no idea where they see any rubbing.
Old May 18, 2011, 11:37 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvoVIII03
Ray is correct. However I did not notice any rubbing of the wheels on the housings. The only thing I found was a small metal ring on the turbo side of the oil drain tube which you can see in a previous post. I was told from fp that the wheels rubbed the housing bc of a lose band clamp. I took the band clamp off just to see if I could see ant kind of damage to the turbo by removing the exhaust housing. The turbo was then sent to fp and not ran on the car so I have no idea where they see any rubbing.
I wonder if the fedex/ ups driver tried running it on their delivery truck when it went from you to FP?

Last edited by turbotekray; May 18, 2011 at 11:41 AM.
Old May 18, 2011, 11:44 AM
Evolving Member

Haha that must be the case. I am wondering like you suggested maybe they assumed it was rubbing bc the clamp wasn't as tight as it should've been when I shipped it to them.
Old May 18, 2011, 11:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by turbotekray
I think there are a few things that based on peoples comments its evident that is missing. the turbo did in fact have 1800 miles or less, the turbo was in fact less than a year old when purchased ( buyer has documentation in hand) when the buyer received the turbo, there was no abnormal shaft play and the buyer per my suggestion spoke to FP about it to make sure the turbo was fine in which FP told him what to look for and indicated that it was fine. once the buyer started having issues the buyer did take the turbo apart to inspect it on its own. Upon FP receiving the turbo and inspecting it there was major shaft play on the turbo and the wheel was now rubbing on the housing. Technically this turbo is still under warranty as it is less than 12 months and we have all proper documentation needed. However i have suggested to the buyer that he should take proper measure and make sure that the car is getting the proper oil pressure at the turbo so that it does not happen again. The reason on why the wheel is now rubbing on the housing and wasn't before could have been when the buyer took the turbo apart to inspect it and possibly did not align it properly. Any ways i commend the buyer for posting this because with out it i would have been completely unaware of the issue. I believe that the buyer had also only tried reaching me via pm and not email and i have not been on the site for over a month.

Under warranty to the original buyer not the 2nd owner...

OP are you using the oil feed line from the filter housing? What oil are you using? How many miles on your car? Weak oil pump?
Old May 18, 2011, 11:47 AM
Evolving Member

Haha that must be the case. I am wondering like you suggested maybe they assumed it was rubbing bc the clamp wasn't as tight as it should've been when I shipped it to them.
That's what i am thinking, therefore it was miss aligned and rubbing.
Old May 18, 2011, 11:52 AM
Evolving Member

That's what i am thinking, therefore it was miss aligned and rubbing.
Well there were 2 very small line up pins for the housing to go back onto but the clamp just must not have been tight enough and allowing the slightest bit of movement
Old May 18, 2011, 11:57 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 06MREvo
Under warranty to the original buyer not the 2nd owner...

OP are you using the oil feed line from the filter housing? What oil are you using? How many miles on your car? Weak oil pump?
Yes I am using the oil feed line. I am running amsoil race dominator10w-30. 63,000 on the car. I have put about 10-15 miles if that on the car since I installed the turbo. I installed a few parts over the winter months and just got it out to tune about a month ago and started having oil issues with the turbo(burning out through the exhaust from the turbo)
Old May 18, 2011, 11:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I think there are a few things that based on peoples comments its evident that is missing. the turbo did in fact have 1800 miles or less, the turbo was in fact less than a year old when purchased ( buyer has documentation in hand) when the buyer received the turbo, there was no abnormal shaft play and the buyer per my suggestion spoke to FP about it to make sure the turbo was fine in which FP told him what to look for and indicated that it was fine. once the buyer started having issues the buyer did take the turbo apart to inspect it on its own. Upon FP receiving the turbo and inspecting it there was major shaft play on the turbo and the wheel was now rubbing on the housing. Technically this turbo is still under warranty as it is less than 12 months and we have all proper documentation needed. However i have suggested to the buyer that he should take proper measure and make sure that the car is getting the proper oil pressure at the turbo so that it does not happen again. The reason on why the wheel is now rubbing on the housing and wasn't before could have been when the buyer took the turbo apart to inspect it and possibly did not align it properly. Any ways i commend the buyer for posting this because with out it i would have been completely unaware of the issue. I believe that the buyer had also only tried reaching me via pm and not email and i have not been on the site for over a month.

Great, when will he get his refund?
Old May 18, 2011, 12:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by High_PSI
Great, when will he get his refund?
Read the thread man...they are resolving it.
Old May 18, 2011, 12:46 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah im hoping fp will warranty it now. I would have the worlds most expensive hta green if not!
Old May 18, 2011, 05:14 PM
Evolving Member

We resolved the issue. Ray actually called fp himself and explained everything and got the price cut over half on the repair. Could've had it covered completely had I not touch the band clamp on the exhaust housing. He is also sending some money to me to cover shipping etc.
Old May 18, 2011, 05:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We resolved the issue. Ray actually called fp himself and explained everything and got the price cut over half on the repair. Could've had it covered completely had I not touch the band clamp on the exhaust housing. He is also sending some money to me to cover shipping etc.

That still sucks you could of gotten a BB converted HTA Green from OWENS for around the same price, after you purchased it used of course. I think it's around 800 if i recall.
Old May 18, 2011, 06:00 PM

thumbs up to Ray for helping out the OP and sorting him out.......
Old May 18, 2011, 06:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I would never buy a used turbo period.

Quick Reply: My $2,100 FP HTA Green