Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

1050cc injector question

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2011, 03:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
can someone have me with this issue?
Old May 26, 2011, 04:17 PM
Evolving Member

-Try these # in your main map fuel settings, Injector cranking enrichment ipw adder.

This is what works for mine. starts like stock even when cold. It is just the stock settings multiplied by .5

25.6 - 113
-0.4 - 54
17.6 - 23
44.6 - 8.5
68 - 7.7
93.2- 6.2
122- 3.3
170.6- 1.5
179.6- 1.5
Old May 26, 2011, 07:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by b16a2delsol
-Try these # in your main map fuel settings, Injector cranking enrichment ipw adder.

This is what works for mine. starts like stock even when cold. It is just the stock settings multiplied by .5

25.6 - 113
-0.4 - 54
17.6 - 23
44.6 - 8.5
68 - 7.7
93.2- 6.2
122- 3.3
170.6- 1.5
179.6- 1.5
The tuner said he already made the changes so I really don't know what to do. Btw I don't have access to change these settings.
Old May 26, 2011, 08:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by VKEVO
The tuner said he already made the changes so I really don't know what to do. Btw I don't have access to change these settings.
You need an OBDII cable which you can obtain here: http://www.tactrix.com/ in order to re-flash the ECU yourself. It's also a good thing to have so you can log your car, clear CEL's etc.

Try these settings for your FIC 1050's:

With those settings on FIC 1050's and a single Walbro pump, car started fine every time, whether it was hot or cold

-Bink
Old May 26, 2011, 09:16 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You and your tuner do not know what yous are doing. No offense. Contact tscompusa on page 1 for an email tune and I am confident they will be able to clear this issue up for you.
Old May 26, 2011, 09:24 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
what are your long term fuel trims?
Old May 27, 2011, 11:55 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks alot Bink for all that. I really appreciated

Originally Posted by 3grst01
You and your tuner do not know what yous are doing. No offense. Contact tscompusa on page 1 for an email tune and I am confident they will be able to clear this issue up for you.
Of course iknow what i'm doing and i'm sure I know what is going on. I'm sure at some point during your evo process you didnt know anything about adjusting things like this either. My tuner supposed to be one of the best one like everyone said on here and if he tells me that he already made the changes then i'm just gonna take it( If i know more than him, I myself would be a tuner). Like i said I have no access to ecu settings but I will get the tactrix cable and adjust these things again.
Old May 29, 2011, 09:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
any progress?
Old May 30, 2011, 09:00 AM

I'm interested in this also as I'm about to jump over to bigger injectors and E-85. Keep us posted.
Old May 30, 2011, 05:29 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by vmrevo9
any progress?
Originally Posted by pkron05
I'm interested in this also as I'm about to jump over to bigger injectors and E-85. Keep us posted.
You guys shouldn't worry about this, i'm probly just one of 10 people who is unlucky. Tactrix cable is on its way.
Old May 30, 2011, 06:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
well the reason i ask is because i am looking into going SD and running dual maps 93/E85. i was aslo looking into running the 1050's since im told they spray similar to 1200's. as of right now my PTE1000's give me warm start issues as well. looking to see how these FIC's act.
Old May 30, 2011, 10:13 PM
Evolved Member

Is this happening on every cold start? I'm running the FIC 1250cc injectors and I've run into this maybe 3 or 4 times in the past 6 months. I agree that if it is happening consistently it is definitely tuning related...but if it's intermittent then I wouldn't worry about it too much. I have a very well sorted tune by Bryan@GST and 99% of the time the car starts like a stock Evo.

However, I think the issue is just one of those weird things that cars do. My bone stock daily driver honda civic does this sometimes on really cold mornings.
Old May 31, 2011, 08:14 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by vmrevo9
well the reason i ask is because i am looking into going SD and running dual maps 93/E85. i was aslo looking into running the 1050's since im told they spray similar to 1200's. as of right now my PTE1000's give me warm start issues as well. looking to see how these FIC's act.
I'm not sure man since you're going for sd and e85, i'm on MAF and 93 right now. You might have to ask the E85 guys but I heard some say e85 users might have a litte issue with cold start but then again don't get me on that.

Originally Posted by Boostd4
Is this happening on every cold start? I'm running the FIC 1250cc injectors and I've run into this maybe 3 or 4 times in the past 6 months. I agree that if it is happening consistently it is definitely tuning related...but if it's intermittent then I wouldn't worry about it too much. I have a very well sorted tune by Bryan@GST and 99% of the time the car starts like a stock Evo.

However, I think the issue is just one of those weird things that cars do. My bone stock daily driver honda civic does this sometimes on really cold mornings.
When I first got the injectors on, yes, it did it with every cold start. After some ajustments it crank up fine with the cold start but THEN AGAIN sometimes, it does the same thing when the engine is a little warm ( Ex: like driving it for 20 mins then leave it and turns it back on). 3-4 times in a 6 months period is totally fine.
Old May 31, 2011, 03:01 PM
Evolved Member

When I first got the injectors on, yes, it did it with every cold start. After some ajustments it crank up fine with the cold start but THEN AGAIN sometimes, it does the same thing when the engine is a little warm ( Ex: like driving it for 20 mins then leave it and turns it back on). 3-4 times in a 6 months period is totally fine.
So it sounds like it's just an occasional annoyance (in terms of startup). I'd say that as long as the tune is solid while under load and in normal driving...I'd just deal with the startup thing the few times it rears it's ugly head. I mean, as long as you're not finding that you have to crank and crank to get it to start you're fine.

Keep us updated.
Old May 31, 2011, 04:05 PM
Former Sponsor

Hey folks, i just got a set of 1050cc FIC injectors on and along with a tune ( first time with a set of injector bigger than 1000cc +). Is it common for these injectors to takes a couple of seconds to start the car when cold. I'm sure i'm not the only one but really want to know if it is supposed to be like this...Thanks guys.
Your more then welcome to bring the car back to let me make more changes. Like i told you last time you were here. its a tough thing to work on because it requires a flash, then wait to cool down, then flash, cool down, etc. You came on an extremely busy day.

For those following the thread. The issue is when the car is fully cooled. First attempt to start, car will take 2 extra seconds to turn over. If stock is crank crank crank start, this is crank crank crank crank crank start. once the car has fired up you can imediately turn it off and for every start after that, car fires immediately.

As with all other injectors a quick adjustment to ipw vs coolant temp cures it. I made some adjustments and let it cool. Wasnt enough to cure it. Made another and let cool, still not enough, and ran out of time for more changes.

Low trim was +1 and mid was +2 at the time.

Again, im more then willing to spend some more time with it, just get with me to set up a day to bring the car.

diiirk

Quick Reply: 1050cc injector question