Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

1050cc injector question

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2011, 08:27 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1050cc injector question

Hey folks, i just got a set of 1050cc FIC injectors on and along with a tune ( first time with a set of injector bigger than 1000cc +). Is it common for these injectors to takes a couple of seconds to start the car when cold. I'm sure i'm not the only one but really want to know if it is supposed to be like this...Thanks guys.
Old May 19, 2011, 08:39 PM
Evolved Member

my money says its the tune, do you have cams?
Old May 19, 2011, 08:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by blkmkIII
my money says its the tune, do you have cams?
No, i don't have cams yet. It would take 5 seconds to start when cold and it's really annoying. Just the fp green and new injectors. I got a new small battery too but it would crank right up many times before the tune.
Old May 19, 2011, 08:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My car starts within not even a full engine cycle when its cold with those injectors

Id say the Initial IPW vs Coolant Temp needs to be modified
Old May 19, 2011, 08:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by widge
My car starts within not even a full engine cycle when its cold with those injectors

Id say the Initial IPW vs Coolant Temp needs to be modified
So does this have to do with the tune? and how do you modified the coolant temp.
Old May 19, 2011, 08:54 PM
Evolving Member

I've been running these injectors for a year and a half with no cold start issues other than SD related stuff. Stock turbo and then GT35 pre SD tune, no issues. Starts like stock. Awesome injectors for 93 octane set up. Does your car run good after startup? If anything, it's your tune that's wrong.

Good luck with it.
Old May 19, 2011, 09:14 PM
Evolving Member

It runs fine after start up. Its just the damm cold start. It even does it when the engine got warmed up 2 hours before
Old May 19, 2011, 09:19 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
its tuning related.. and its the ipw as mentioned above.
Old May 19, 2011, 09:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tscompusa
its tuning related.. and its the ipw as mentioned above.
Can i ask what ipw really means? Does the car have to be on the dyno tune again or can it it be fixed through evoscan.
Old May 19, 2011, 09:32 PM
Evolving Member

Injector pulse width

I have the same injectors they start fine
Old May 19, 2011, 09:43 PM

I have fic 1150s on 93oct and it starts like stock.
Old May 19, 2011, 09:59 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by VKEVO
Can i ask what ipw really means? Does the car have to be on the dyno tune again or can it it be fixed through evoscan.
injector pulse width as mentioned above.. not to be confused with injector deadtime, is the time the injector stays open when given the special command (deadtime) to open by the ecu.

it does not need to be on a dyno. you can also experience startup issues if your latency settings (deadtime) is not set correctly as well.

is your fuel trim's dialed in properly or do you not know how to check this sort of stuff?
Old May 19, 2011, 11:47 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeh if you have the tactrix cables ill give you the settings im using for my IPW vs Coolant Temp, otherwise go back to your tuner and tell him to fix it
Old May 20, 2011, 07:55 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tscompusa
injector pulse width as mentioned above.. not to be confused with injector deadtime, is the time the injector stays open when given the special command (deadtime) to open by the ecu.

it does not need to be on a dyno. you can also experience startup issues if your latency settings (deadtime) is not set correctly as well.

is your fuel trim's dialed in properly or do you not know how to check this sort of stuff?
I don't know how to check these things. The thing is that the tuner asked me what injectors i have before the tune but i guess he forgot to adjust the setting. I will go back and have him change the setting for me.

Originally Posted by widge
Yeh if you have the tactrix cables ill give you the settings im using for my IPW vs Coolant Temp, otherwise go back to your tuner and tell him to fix it
Thanks, I will go back and have him change that me. I never thought I would have to look into self logging because i'm straight up noob about logging and assume the tuner would do all the work until now...So now there's a setting of IPW vs Coolant Temp that you can adjust to make it this stop...>?
Old May 25, 2011, 08:05 PM
Evolving Member

I would like to bump this thread to the top and hopefully someone can help me with this annoying issue.

I already took my car back to the tuner and he said he made some changes with the IPW vs Coolant Temp but he said he doesn't really know why it still doing it. It would still take about 5 seconds to start. The fuel dialed in fine, and everything else is okay. There's nothing wrong with the car, it's just so inconvenient that when you spend so much money then it takes some of you fun away because of the way it starts.

I had my car cooled down for 2 hours so he could check to see what is really the case but then he said it might be the injectors. I mean I could live with it if everyone out there has the same issue like me with the same FIC 1050cc injectors but no it seems to be i'm the only one.

Can someone point something out for me? ( injectors are brand new, battery is brand new) What could it be?

Quick Reply: 1050cc injector question