Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

opinions needed!!! >_<

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2011, 10:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
opinions needed!!! >_<

First question i have is!!! im looking to buy a new header now has anyone used this header before?? and would anyone recommend it or another one?? my price range is up to $300-$400 btw my car is an evo 9 GSR so im wondering if itll even fit with my setup... =)

BTW what kind of headers does everybody else have????

http://www.lancershop.com/customer/p...&cat=91&page=1

Second question is!!! now does anybody feel like its hard to get going from start like if they have the heater on or the A/C?? or even when its not on at all ??? like its barely about to conk out?? or is it just me?? that im being to soft on it???

thanks!!! <3

Last edited by Tevo9K; May 21, 2011 at 11:07 PM.
Old May 21, 2011, 10:34 PM
Evolved Member

ehhh megan products are "okay" but you definitely get what you pay for. You are looking for a tubo manifold correct? there are TONS of options out there, just search and you will find many threads. however, if your budget is 400 bucks, your best bet is a) buy used b) get a ported and coated stocker from someone like PPI or c) save up to buy a quality mani so you have less of a chance of cracking. gl with your search bud
Old May 22, 2011, 12:10 AM
Evolved Member

Stock ported manifold for your budget range, you live in NV? Id hit up Insanespeed... just my .2
Old May 22, 2011, 12:28 AM

Hmm I haven't heard of them.. Are they just a shop or do they sell parts as well??
Old May 22, 2011, 10:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If your on the stock manifold just put tha money in the bank and save more for something like a full race manifold.you wont regret it and will save yourself the money on buying a manifold twice
Old May 22, 2011, 10:55 AM

If I save my money what manifold do u recommend on getting?? What brand? ETS? Invidvia?? Or some other one??
Old May 22, 2011, 10:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Tevo9K
If I save my money what manifold do u recommend on getting?? What brand? ETS? Invidvia?? Or some other one??

i had that crap manny once. it crack on me as well as it has on other people DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY. save up 700 and get a quality manny for sure

mona lisa
full race
ets stock replacement
shearer stock replacement
fortune auto stock replacement
ported stocker(ppi,buschur,map)
Old May 22, 2011, 11:20 AM

Alright cool!! Thanks for the list!!! Another question would it be better to Install the manni here before I get the tune and run it?? My tuners about 2-3 hours away or should I try to install it there??? Its probably bad but I've been running all my parts installed for about 2 years without a tune on it yet.. I got my car used =\ is that gonna destroy my car in the long run?? Or will it be okay after the tune?? Thanks!!!
Old May 22, 2011, 11:31 AM
Evolved Member

Alright cool!! Thanks for the list!!! Another question would it be better to Install the manni here before I get the tune and run it?? My tuners about 2-3 hours away or should I try to install it there??? Its probably bad but I've been running all my parts installed for about 2 years without a tune on it yet.. I got my car used =\ is that gonna destroy my car in the long run?? Or will it be okay after the tune?? Thanks!!!
installing mods on your car without a tune will not do anything just your car will not be optimized so you will not be getting the full benifit of the part you add. the only thing you cant add without a immediate tune would be injectors, cams as they will change your idle and fuel delivery so those need to be installed then tuned immediately. other parts exhaust bov manifold turbo etc you can put on and tune later again you just will not be getting the full benifit of those parts.
Old May 22, 2011, 11:55 AM

Oh alright cool!! That helps very much!!! But if I have those parts on there for a while will it diminish what I could be gettin out of them in turn instead if I had newer parts on?? Will I still be getting the full benefit out of the parts i have on most likely after the tune still??
Old May 22, 2011, 01:11 PM
Evolved Member

Oh alright cool!! That helps very much!!! But if I have those parts on there for a while will it diminish what I could be gettin out of them in turn instead if I had newer parts on?? Will I still be getting the full benefit out of the parts i have on most likely after the tune still??
unless you damage them or have a boost leak you will be fine