Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

are you a racer if you own an evo?

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2011, 08:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If only they were available here, I would love to rock an evo wagon!!!!

I agree with previous posts. My evo is something for me to drive to give me a break from the daily grind. Being a car guru, I have to have something nice to drive to payoff for my hard work.
Old May 22, 2011, 08:43 PM
Evolved Member

sorry, but i'm with your uncle in law on this one. what's the point of having an evo if you're not going to use it for what it was made for? the car wasn't made to be a DD, otherwise it wouldn't get worse mpg than 95% of the cars out there. why would they give you high performance suspension, a big spoiler, and racing seats? last time i checked ppl don't want to DD a car nicknamed "the kidney bruiser". for crying out load the RS doesn't even come with power...anything, and that's not including the RS's in the rest of the world where they look like a widebody lancer with an evo drivetrain.

if you want something you can DD rain/shine/snow and has a lot of room get a forester or something. the evo was made to be raced and not turned into a hellaflush grocery getter or a garage queen. also, why would you put your kids in a car with one of the worst side impact ratings out there? just because it has 4 doors and a back seat where u can put ur baby seats, doesn't make it safe for your little loved ones.

so, if you're on of the, sadly many, ppl out there that has an evo as only a DD and never uses it for what it was made for, then please do the car a favor and sell it to someone who will use it properly.
/rant

P.S. please don't say you have it because you like the way it looks. i <3 evos to death and the way they look, but next to some other cars out there the look horrible. if you don't believe me, go ask any girl out there what looks better, an evo 1-10 or a bmw/infinity/audi/etc? i guarantee 90% will not pick the evo.

Last edited by TougeGod7; May 22, 2011 at 08:48 PM.
Old May 22, 2011, 08:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TougeGod7
sorry, but i'm with your uncle in law on this one. what's the point of having an evo if you're not going to use it for what it was made for? the car wasn't made to be a DD, otherwise it wouldn't get worse mpg than 95% of the cars out there. why would they give you high performance suspension, a big spoiler, and racing seats? last time i checked ppl don't want to DD a car nicknamed "the kidney bruiser". for crying out load the RS doesn't even come with power...anything, and that's not including the RS's in the rest of the world where they look like a widebody lancer with an evo drivetrain.

if you want something you can DD rain/shine/snow and has a lot of room get a forester or something. the evo was made to be raced and not turned into a hellaflush grocery getter or a garage queen. also, why would you put your kids in a car with one of the worst side impact ratings out there? just because it has 4 doors and a back seat where u can put ur baby seats, doesn't make it safe for your little loved ones.

so, if you're on of the, sadly many, ppl out there that has an evo as only a DD and never uses it for what it was made for, then please do the car a favor and sell it to someone who will use it properly.
/rant

P.S. please don't say you have it because you like the way it looks. i <3 evos to death and the way they look, but next to some other cars out there the look horrible. if you don't believe me, go ask any girl out there what looks better, an evo 1-10 or a bmw/infinity/audi/etc? i guarantee 90% will not pick the evo.
Most people dont have the dough to buy an evo and make it a track only car lol. most of us buy them to drive them and enjoy them all year round. I for one would not make an evo a track car. If I wanted a track car, 1/4 mile that is, I would def pick up another dsm, as they own in the 4cyl awd drag world. They are much cheaper to work on, modify and own than an evo.
Old May 22, 2011, 08:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by infam0usndn2nv
i wake up everyday with a smile on my face knowing the fact i will get to drive my evo..
This ^^^

My commute is always one of the better parts of my day... driving slow or fast. Such a fun car.
Old May 22, 2011, 08:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tsidrift1
Most people dont have the dough to buy an evo and make it a track only car lol. most of us buy them to drive them and enjoy them all year round. I for one would not make an evo a track car. If I wanted a track car, 1/4 mile that is, I would def pick up another dsm, as they own in the 4cyl awd drag world. They are much cheaper to work on, modify and own than an evo.
i never said anything about turning it into a track only car. i'm talking about the ppl that only DD their evos, never go to the track, and still have shinny bright red brembos...

Last edited by TougeGod7; May 22, 2011 at 09:00 PM.
Old May 22, 2011, 10:04 PM
Evolving Member

i wake up everyday with a smile on my face knowing the fact i will get to drive my evo..
:d
Old May 22, 2011, 10:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
I remember back years ago an article in Car & Driver where one of the Nascar shops was building a special order race car for a physician so he could use it as a daily driver or store it in his garage or something. Anyway, I got thinking about how cool it would be to have machine like this under you with all its capibilities as a daily driver - just a dream.
Old May 22, 2011, 11:44 PM
Evolved Member

/rant

So using your logic I should buy a prius? Or take the bus?

To me, driving my evo is as much of an experience at 100kmh as it is at 200kmh. I just get to keep my licence at 100kmh. JDM RS models are a bit of an exception however.
Old May 23, 2011, 12:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AndyCT9A
So using your logic I should buy a prius? Or take the bus?

To me, driving my evo is as much of an experience at 100kmh as it is at 200kmh. I just get to keep my licence at 100kmh. JDM RS models are a bit of an exception however.
yes, go buy a prius or something that is a comfortable dd like a volvo
Old May 23, 2011, 01:12 AM
Evolved Member

yes, go buy a prius or something that is a comfortable dd like a volvo
haha thanks, advice noted. I'll post some pics when I slam a Prius on 19s.
Old May 23, 2011, 01:42 AM

Got to AGREE with you on that one.
Old May 23, 2011, 01:58 AM

Just because we drive Evos ,why has it got to be used on a track,my previous car was a Mitsi Lancer Cedia ralliart 1.8 turbo ,and i probably drove that alot harder to get alot less enjoyment out of it,anyway there are alot of nice roads here in New zealand that we can test out our evos without going to a track,though if i had the chance to pic a track i would need 4,Siverstone GP,Spa,Nurburgring and suzuka gp.
Old May 23, 2011, 03:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

/rant

This guy sounds like one of my friends who owns a rb swapped 240. He thinks because its rear wheel drive it should drifted everywhere and that all rwd cars are meant to be drifted and beat to ****.

P.S. the 90% of chics that pick those cars over an evo either a. Are gold diggers and will take your mod money or b. Don't know what an evo is or c all of the above. If your having to use your car to pick up girls your trying to compensate for something.
Old May 23, 2011, 05:17 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
i never said anything about turning it into a track only car. i'm talking about the ppl that only DD their evos, never go to the track, and still have shinny bright red brembos...
Technically speaking, the Evolution was never meant to be a track car. It's a Point-A to Point-B car, defining its intent, which logically translates into driving the car on the street. HTH.
Old May 23, 2011, 05:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
According to Touge you can add these vehicles as well:

Any Ferrari
Any Porsche (except the Cayenne)
Any Lambourghini
Any Vette
Any Skyline

Basically any vehicle slanted towards performance should be bought unless its gonna be tracked.

I like getting my groceries and picking the kids up in record time. LOL.