Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Pics of my gauge install

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2003, 12:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am sweating that 1g interior, though...who has that car now? I've been thinking of finding a 1g to make into a track car, but I already have one money pit.
Another money pit is right. I still have the '90 GSX sitting in storage, and I swap it with the EVO when it snows. I've had it since new and keep it cleaner than a scalpel. Now, I just can't bring myself to sell it.

IMHO the old GSX shows that Mitsubishi interiors have actually regressed over the past 13 years. The ergonomics in the GSX are so much better -- the buttons and climate controls feel great, the instrument cluster doesn't look cheap, and I'll always prefer being seated next to a high transmission tunnel.

Oh well, the 4G63 sure has progressed. Now Mitsubishi just needs to bring back pop-up headlights!

Last edited by speedomodel; Dec 24, 2003 at 12:23 PM.
Old Dec 24, 2003, 12:24 PM
Evolved Member

omg...this setup is sick.... ... what state are you from 4G63 ?
Old Dec 24, 2003, 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by speedomodel

Now Mitsubishi just needs to bring back pop-up headlights!
I thought I was the only one who liked those things....hehehe.

Oh well, I guess I am still the only one who likes red mud flaps on a black 4 door sedan (look at my car in the registry...vote on it, too).

Old Dec 24, 2003, 12:39 PM
Evolving Member

Oh well, the 4G63 sure has progressed. Now Mitsubishi just needs to bring back pop-up headlights!
NOOOOOO! One of those bastards went out on me (the plastic sleeve for the ball broke) and they wanted $300 (back in '90) for the entire assembly! They would not sell just the broken 20 cent part! So I ended up welding the bolt to the ball and screwing through the sleeve - the way it was supposed to be done in the first place! Just say no to popups - especially

Sorry for the OT, but when I saw that soembody was clamoring for the pop-ups, I just snapped

Great looking SPA setup, BTW.
Old Dec 24, 2003, 07:25 PM
Evolving Member

Dammit! you beat me to it.

I ordered the same SPA Technique gauges just yesterday with the temps -- pyrometer, oil, water -- across the bottom. I also purchased a 42 Draft Designs (http://www.42draftdesigns.com/) countersunk triple gauge panel. It's meant to work with VDO gauges in a VW, but I'm hoping a guage is a gauge and a DIN is a DIN.

Was there anything unexpected about the installation?

Again, awesome choice!

already went this route, and you will have to manipulate the panel in order for it to fit. Apparently, a DIN is not a DIN is not a DIN. Just a little work and you will have it looking good though. GOOD LUCK!
Old Dec 24, 2003, 08:39 PM
Evolving Member

Hey 4G63>0000?
Sweet, i think they are really nice and i herd good things from them. Plus i love how they save space, personally i don't like having more than 3 guages, gets to confusing and looks to messy, and its annoying to keep on looking at different places while driving! I was wondering where you ordered the guages from. If you bought them from a store, than maybe, do you know a website where i can order them for?
Old Dec 24, 2003, 09:29 PM
Evolved Member

YellowFever,
I'm in NY, Westchester. You're free to check it out whenever, just shoot me a pm.

I4K20C,
click here

Regards,
Joe
Old Dec 24, 2003, 09:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by 4G63>OOOO
YellowFever,
I'm in NY, Westchester. You're free to check it out whenever, just shoot me a pm.
Regards,
Joe
wait a seconddddddd..... were you at our Evo-NY meet at Floydd Bennet Field in Brooklyn, NY 11/30? ... Oh and by the way, if your a good friend of EvoJimbo, then your a friend of mine
Old Dec 29, 2003, 03:58 PM
Evolved Member

Serge03 what kind of work do you need to do to it? Little dremel on the side? I was thinking this about the perfect setup for my new Evo.
Old Jan 5, 2004, 10:43 PM
Evolved Member

I had a question about how this panel actually installs into the dash...I have been looking around trying to find a place that I could get a 3 gauge mount for a single din on the dash. How exactly does it install into the upper DIN? From the pictures it just looks like a flat panel....what keeps it from moving...or falling out? Thanks!
Old Jan 5, 2004, 10:46 PM
Evolved Member

by the way that aluminum plate looks swwwweeeettt. Does anyone know if the Autotechnics gauges are good? I keep seeing them and they look pretty cool.....just curious to if they actually worked well or not.
Old Jan 5, 2004, 10:47 PM
Evolved Member

Here is a pic of the gauge
Attached Thumbnails Pics of my gauge install-gauge.jpg  
Old Jan 5, 2004, 10:51 PM
Evolved Member

Here's another pic...pretty pretty...i wonder if they are good or not.
Attached Thumbnails Pics of my gauge install-gauge2.jpg  
Old Jan 5, 2004, 11:07 PM
Evolved Member

Sorry guys....one last thing...do you think this panel will work about the same way at this panel you are showing me? What kinds of things did you have to do to get your panel to fit correctly? Sorry for all the stupid questions...i would just love to have my own gauge setup in the center console...thanks so much...here's a pic of the plate i found.
Attached Thumbnails Pics of my gauge install-gaugepod.jpg  
Old Jan 5, 2004, 11:25 PM
Evolved Member

OK I LIED....I really like the gauges and the deals that 42draftdesign has.....does anyone know if the oil pressure and oil temp senders attach to the evo the same way as their instructions. I know the intstructions are for a VW, but will the threads and stuff line up the same on the EVO for removing the stock sender unit? Any insight on compatibility of installation hardware with their VDO gauges would be greatly appreciated...THANKS!

Quick Reply: Pics of my gauge install