Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

changing my flashed ecu back to stock for warranty work???

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2011, 01:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bbsevo
from the dealer without warranty its 10k!!!!
Take it to a ECU tuner, they should be able to flash a stock tune back in there I believe.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 04:58 PM

Where did you have it flashed at? Have them reflash it back to stock. It should work.
Old Jun 4, 2011, 08:36 PM

the flash came with the car...so who knows. apparently even if you flash it back to stock it will change back thats what the dealer said.
Old Jun 5, 2011, 06:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
The tech that told you such is an idiot and wrong

3 options

1. Flash ecu back to stock
2. Flash correct immobilizer into new ecu
3. Disable immobilizer in either ECU

Done. Do yourself a favor and stop listening to anything someone at a mitsubishi dealer tells you about your Evo.

And good luck with the warranty claim your gonna need it.
Old Jun 5, 2011, 10:51 AM

I was told by my local dealers service manager that has done multiple warranty claims to my modified Evo that the only way it can be denied is if the mod applys directly to the warranted item. Aka aftermarket clutch for a warranted trans, that will be denied. Exhaust doesn't apply to drive line etc.

I may have an easy going dealer. But so far I've gotten close to 5k in warranty work so I don't know. I'm sure Cali is strict, but come on? Mitsu should be the same throughout the US.
Old Jun 5, 2011, 11:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Hearts_Fitment
I was told by my local dealers service manager that has done multiple warranty claims to my modified Evo that the only way it can be denied is if the mod applys directly to the warranted item. Aka aftermarket clutch for a warranted trans, that will be denied. Exhaust doesn't apply to drive line etc.

I may have an easy going dealer. But so far I've gotten close to 5k in warranty work so I don't know. I'm sure Cali is strict, but come on? Mitsu should be the same throughout the US.
Why would all the mitsu dealers be the same from LA to WV? Most evos are sold on the west coast. I've spoken directly to a shop foreman (not service writer) who know's his sh*t. Out here, Mitsu CORPORATE (it's right down the freeway) comes out ALMOST weekly to all the popular dealerships and looks over every car in the bays for mods.

When you take it in for warranty, they take pictures of EVERYTHING, and those are sent in to Mitsu to determine how modified you are. Your warranty may be voided based on your pictures and if it has an aftermarket flash. Minor mods are sometimes acceptable depending on the situation.

This isn't some "i heard it from a guy that is friends with a guy who is friends with a tech", it is what it is. YOU have to pay to play. The reason for all of this, is that 75% of the warranty work that comes in, IS NOT from manufacturer defect, but more of people modifying the car to the max then try to put it on Mitsu when something breaks