Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Is Mitsu the only one that has such horrible warranty issues??

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2003, 08:08 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmm, I have a modded Supra TT and a modded Evo. I believe I have established good rapport with the dealers in OKC. They have been very good about warranty work. It definitely has to be dealer localized, because it seems that the SoCal dealers are the worst and most frequently posted about.
Old Dec 24, 2003, 08:32 AM
Evolved Member

How often have you ever needed a car manufacturer's warranty? Before my Evo, I had purchased three new cars and kept every one of them for at least six years. I never needed anything covered under warranty.

I don't know, maybe I've just been lucky, but I'd just as soon buy the car without a warranty at all if it would save me money. But the feds won't allow that -- our wonderful government forces me to buy a manufacturer's warranty. And, yes, you do "buy" the manufacturer's warranty -- they raise the price of the car to cover the expected warranty claims.

One other possibility, which I have no experience with, but which might be worthwhile... Geico (and perhaps other auto insurers) offers a warranty plan for new cars which you insure with them. I think you pay roughly an extra $100 a year and it provides similar coverage to the manufacturer's extended warranty, but with a $250 deductible. I don't know if it covers clutches, it excludes "maintenance and wear and tear" but doesn't mention the clutch. Check it out yourself: http://www.geico.com/auto/mbi.htm
Old Dec 31, 2003, 03:05 PM

Originally posted by Rudy
Mitsu is not the only one's with bad warranty service. My last car was a VW Passat 1.8T. Thank God that i really didn't have many problems with the car because VW is notorious for not honoring warranty work. They come up with any possible reason to avoid warrany work.
I can attest to that. Volkswagen sucks, period. They use crappy components and nice components on the same car. When the crappy components (in my case, brake pads and rotors) come into contact with the nice components (18" BBS RC rims, freakin beautiful) via brake dust and become ruined (brake dust don't come off, even after washing wheels weekly by hand). Bad things happen with Volkswagen. My advice is to stay away.

There is a 90+ page thread over at VWVortex.com about the BBS wheels on the 2002 337 Edition. Just some FYI.

VWVortex 337 Edition Forums - BBS Wheel Corrosion Thread
Old Dec 31, 2003, 03:42 PM

I had a 2000 Integra GSR that I bought new before this....Would never buy an Acura again service was horable.