Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

evo questions

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2011, 05:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
evo questions

Just had some questions regarding the evo 8

I'm suppose to be getting one this week and its going to be my daily is there anything I need to know on what to look for when keeping this beast
Old Jun 13, 2011, 05:48 PM
Evolved Member

Let me clarify how much power can the car stock handle and when should parts be upgraded
Old Jun 13, 2011, 06:25 PM
Srr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol search bro.... i just owned my 8 for about 3 months now and i found a lot of info on this site
Old Jun 13, 2011, 06:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If you are adding bolt ons, try not to go over the 400 tq range unless it has a built bottom end.

Enjoy it first before modding. Then take steps, I did that and still enjoy my car.

Good Luck
Old Jun 13, 2011, 07:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Just stay up on maintaining it Timing belt,oils,boost leak testing and a solid tune. I started with a 300hp goal hit that then a 400hp goal hit that and now i whant a 450hp goal on 91oct had mine for 3years now and its a daily driver never had problems with it.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 09:22 PM

Leave the car the way it is for now until you get more comfortable with it. From there, you can start seeing what needs to be replaced/upgraded.

The most important thing right when you get the car is to change all the fluids if it wasn't done recently just for a peace of mind.

As for modding, the basic things you can do is tbe, cone filter, fuel pump, boost solonoid, and a tune. Injectors aren't really necessary at the power level your going toreach, so I'd say hold off on that until you go bigger turbo, cams, and/or E-85.

I've had my Evo for a little over four years now and got a tune with the mods I mentioned a little over two years ago making 306 whp and I'm still happy with it. There's no need to rush the mods because you will realize if you haven't already, it's a never ending addiction.

Good luck with the car, enjoy it, take care of it and it will take care of you in return (not always true though lol) and post pics once you get it!
Old Jun 13, 2011, 09:33 PM
Evolved Member

sweet guys thanks for your help, Im really stoked about getting it now, I have a turbo lancer and I learned alot about that plus I know how to tune and install all the other stuff which is great. So it looks like everyone had there cars for awhile with no issues. I just didnt want to get it if something was going to happen later down the road. Looks like I will be joining you evo guys soon

Last edited by steven121; Jun 13, 2011 at 09:36 PM.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by 4RETECH
If you are adding bolt ons, try not to go over the 400 tq range unless it has a built bottom end.

Enjoy it first before modding. Then take steps, I did that and still enjoy my car.

Good Luck
This is what I was told, and have been going by.

FYI: There is also a thread on how to mod your Evo $100 at a time. I know everyone has to start somewhere.