Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Has anyone got their gsc s2 cams yet!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2011, 08:47 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone got their gsc s2 cams yet!!!

I hoping to hear that someone in this fourm has recieved their cams for gsc.....me I bought mine this past feb 4th( as a birthday present to myself)
and here it is June 15th and still no cams , and no communication from Gsc?
so who has got their cams?
Old Jun 15, 2011, 09:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i was gonna buy some of there cams, but after a month of waitin i just went with the kelford 272 cams, s2 cams are nice, but not waitin 4-6 months for em.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 11:34 AM
Evolving Member

Is cams really worth money and work? How much do they generally gain and do they need to be tuned?
Old Jun 15, 2011, 12:15 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by toyotabike
Is cams really worth money and work? How much do they generally gain and do they need to be tuned?
There are a lot of factors that will determine how much HP your going to make (intake/ exhaust/ fuel octane/ AFR/ Tune/ #'s of Boost/ etc...) and yes you SHOULD get a tune
Old Jun 15, 2011, 07:38 PM
Evolving Member

anyone else

to the top
Old Jun 15, 2011, 08:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evoiao
I hoping to hear that someone in this fourm has recieved their cams for gsc.....me I bought mine this past feb 4th( as a birthday present to myself)
and here it is June 15th and still no cams , and no communication from Gsc?
so who has got their cams?
Funny...I ordered my in February as well! And I haven't received mine yet either man. It sucks...I'm wondering if I should opt for a different set, but I've ALWAYS wanted these cams! Ugh! I don't know what to do....
Old Jun 15, 2011, 08:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ElectricBlueIX
Funny...I ordered my in February as well! And I haven't received mine yet either man. It sucks...I'm wondering if I should opt for a different set, but I've ALWAYS wanted these cams! Ugh! I don't know what to do....
i have EB ix as well....i just left a message at mellon tuning to change my order to a set of kelford 272 cam ......after reading the ams cam comparison kelfords made more HP then both gsc s2 or s3......so byebye gsc hello kelfords....oh did I say and their in stock...ready to ship.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 08:45 PM
Evolving Member

i have EB ix as well....i just left a message at mellon tuning to change my order to a set of kelford 272 cam ......after reading the ams cam comparison kelfords made more HP then both gsc s2 or s3......so byebye gsc hello kelfords....oh did I say and their in stock...ready to ship.
Sweet bro. I love the EB...mine is an SSL...is yours?

I'm not positive but I believe the GSC S2's have been revised since that cam test. I ordered mine from AWD Motorsports and Mike had some really good results with the new Tomei cams...So I've considered those.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 10:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ElectricBlueIX
Sweet bro. I love the EB...mine is an SSL...is yours?

I'm not positive but I believe the GSC S2's have been revised since that cam test. I ordered mine from AWD Motorsports and Mike had some really good results with the new Tomei cams...So I've considered those.
no ssl 4 me, but eb is a great color, I'm going with the kelfords since Mellon tuning will give them to me at the same cost as the s2, I'm just tired of the drama....I have beehive springs and retainers and zero tick lifters along with 1000cc pte injectors....and the truth is I tired of looking at these part and wishing they were installed.....it around 1400 in parts waiting on these cams...im sick and tired of waiting....i want to get this build moving and it's been 6 months of waiting!!! Bitter party of one!!!! do you have any pic of your beast?
Old Jun 16, 2011, 09:44 AM
Evolved Member

^^ i can totally understand where your comin from, now from what ive read and heard the revised s2 cams are supposed to make as much maybe a bit more hp then the current kelford 272 cams, but honestly for that extra 5-10 hp, is not worth another 4+ month wait on them, dont care how good they are hahaha..
Old Jun 16, 2011, 10:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
that test was done a while ago,GSC has a new revision of the S2 which is better
Old Jun 16, 2011, 10:16 AM

Not trying to thread jack. But GSC has a thread on here somewhere stating why the GSC S2's are on back order. Just to give you a heads up. If I can find it, I will post it up!
Old Jun 16, 2011, 10:22 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's in the gsc vendor forum under gsc s2 back order. I have been waiting since January and still nothing.

Bryan
Old Jun 16, 2011, 10:23 AM

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/gs...backorder.html
Old Jun 16, 2011, 12:12 PM
Evolving Member

that was on the old style gsc s2s... so is it bybye to kelfords for you???? oh wait you already ordered themmmm lol oh did you read the one about them snapping also???lol

Quick Reply: Has anyone got their gsc s2 cams yet!!!