Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

updated (kind of) progress figuring out P0365

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2011, 06:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
updated (kind of) progress figuring out P0365

so ive read alot of other members threads on P0365 CEL for the camshaft position sensor and it has been killing me trying to find a solution. in my case it broke after a kelford 272 install and hasn't been solved for over a year now. its been narrrowed down that the sensor is not getting any hertz reading because there is no output. all the other voltage checks out, timings right, and a brand new sensor has been installed. im just throwing a thought out - that when the sensor breaks it shorts the wire and possibly melts the wire somewhere??? if anyone has any input on resolving this annoying problem, any advice will help. im honestly on the verge of selling the car because im sick of not being able to "drive" it without it breaking up and running in limp mode. and also now my oil light flashes after boosting for a while then coming to a stop. someone help please?
Old Jun 21, 2011, 06:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DSMMR21
so ive read alot of other members threads on P0365 CEL for the camshaft position sensor and it has been killing me trying to find a solution. in my case it broke after a kelford 272 install and hasn't been solved for over a year now. its been narrrowed down that the sensor is not getting any hertz reading because there is no output. all the other voltage checks out, timings right, and a brand new sensor has been installed. im just throwing a thought out - that when the sensor breaks it shorts the wire and possibly melts the wire somewhere??? if anyone has any input on resolving this annoying problem, any advice will help. im honestly on the verge of selling the car because im sick of not being able to "drive" it without it breaking up and running in limp mode. and also now my oil light flashes after boosting for a while then coming to a stop. someone help please?
Go to the ECUflash forum, it sounds like you have a CEL flash, "knocklight" mod on your ROM. From your questions, I'm guessing you didn't put it there.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 07:08 PM

thanks i am going to look now. im super frustrated. hahaha no i didnt put it there
Old Jun 21, 2011, 08:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Grab a voltmeter with a continuity function and learn how to use it. Then get a wire diagram for the cam sensor to PCM and check the continuity and resistance of the wires.

That is, assuming you cannot see a cam signal with a scanner at all, right?
Old Jun 22, 2011, 07:50 PM

that is correct, there is no cam sensor signal. i will check up with my buddy thats a mechanic and have him take a look. i believe he can get a diagram off of all-data. we are ripping it back apart saturday so hopefully it will give us a lead. thanks for the response
Old Jun 26, 2011, 11:07 AM

bump
Old Jul 3, 2011, 10:20 AM

bump
Old Jul 3, 2011, 10:25 AM

so heres the update. CEL is still on, but the car is in time, the sensor is good, the signal wire is connected to the computer but still no signal. does anyone know if there is a certain air gap with the sensor? i have an old wiring harness and im going to cut the connector and switch them and hopefully that might do it. but probly not