Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

some reckless driver decided to ruin my baby!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2011, 06:55 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow, you went there.^ haha
Old Jul 2, 2011, 07:11 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by IWantAnEvo87
Seems like the insurance company is trying to get out of this one, since the other driver said it was a mechanical problem
What does that have to do with anything...she hit you. YOUR insurance company should be helping you out as they will have to bear the cost of the repairs if she is found not at fault (assuming you have collision coverage).

Maybe insurance rules in CO are different but this seems pretty clear cut
Old Jul 2, 2011, 07:20 AM
Evolving Member

what the.... what did she think you were a gas station?? idiots, some people shouldnt be allowed to drive
Old Jul 2, 2011, 07:22 AM
Evolving Member

[QUOTE=IWantAnEvo87;9432419]Well today was an awesome day. I was going to turn left and some girl hit me on the side of my vehicle. The cops came and yes, it was her fault 100%. My car has light mods on it and my cars carbon fiber hood got messed up. My car looks like crap. I needed to vent on here, because I hope people have had this happen as well.

Seems like the insurance company is trying to get out of this one, since the other driver said it was a mechanical problem... and that is why she hit me. I do have pictures of them putting gas in the chevy blazer.... she ran out of gas!

[/QUOTE

"running out of gas" is not a mechanical problem either, thats just STUPIDITY
Old Jul 2, 2011, 08:20 AM

I took a picture of the guy putting gas in his blazer, so I hope this all works out. I need a rental car for now, but they said they dont know if they will give me one yet = /

BTW, please stop with the girl comments, and for closure, no I am not fat or that fat woman in the picture, and no, thats not my mom.
Old Jul 2, 2011, 08:24 AM
Evolving Member

Which insurance company do you use? they sound like aholes
Old Jul 2, 2011, 08:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by goforwand
What does that have to do with anything...she hit you. YOUR insurance company should be helping you out as they will have to bear the cost of the repairs if she is found not at fault (assuming you have collision coverage).

Maybe insurance rules in CO are different but this seems pretty clear cut
yeah this one should be cut and dry. Most insurance companies will help you go after the other insurance company or provide legal counsel.
Old Jul 2, 2011, 08:35 AM
Evolving Member

I took a picture of the guy putting gas in his blazer, so I hope this all works out. I need a rental car for now, but they said they dont know if they will give me one yet = /

BTW, please stop with the girl comments, and for closure, no I am not fat or that fat woman in the picture, and no, thats not my mom.
I am a female Evo owner in Colorado as well. It was not your fault and the other drivers insurance should pay, if not I know a good lawyer I can recommend. Try to smile, she will get fixed soon I'm sure!
Old Jul 2, 2011, 08:37 AM
Evolving Member

I don't think they will have much of a case saying it was a mechanical failure. Out of gas duh what happened? Thats about as dumb as "I forgot which pedal does what."
If the insurance company will let you get your own parts and have someone repair it for you then that will be a plus. I ended up with a nice all aluminum mishimoto radiator and gates racing hoses instead of the stock crap on one of my cars. Insurance paid for it!
Old Jul 2, 2011, 08:42 AM
Evolving Member

haha, its kind of obvious that it wasn't you as you were saying that YOU took those pictures.

c'mom guys your going to scare her away
Old Jul 2, 2011, 08:45 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
when i got into an accident and the other person was at fault 100%. Then her insurance company told me they wont pay for the damages. I contacted my insurance company, "allstate" and they told me they would supply me a lawyer at no cost! I would contact your insurcance company and tell them your situation, also i have full coverage.
Old Jul 2, 2011, 08:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
sue that idiot, it amazes me how they just give away drivers licenses to dumba$$ people. I had someone do somethin similar some uninsured mexican drivin an 18 wheeler, backed up into my car at like 2 mph cuz he didnt see me when he put in reverse so another 18 wheeler could turn left passed them. Get all there insurance info, your insurance company will go after that insurance company, its a process man, even though your car is a salvage title, that damage doesnt look to be even half of what the value of the car is. Good luck on gettin it fixed, remember get the money, upgrade the parts, i see a new cf hood, and maybe some jdm ix mr headlights in the mix soon.
Old Jul 2, 2011, 08:58 AM
Evolving Member

not to go off topic but i never knew carbon fiber bent
Old Jul 2, 2011, 09:29 AM
Evolving Member

Sent you a pm....i'm local an willing to help you get her fixed !
Old Jul 2, 2011, 10:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
so sad to see this, hope u got all the correct information and nothing fake from these people. Keep us updated!

Quick Reply: some reckless driver decided to ruin my baby!