Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

My Evolution nightmare?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2011, 07:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My biggest piece of advice would be learn to do all the simple stuff and it will save you so much money:

Changing trans, tc, and diff fluid is a piece of cake
Brakes are soo easy to do on an evo, easier than any car I have ever had. Pull two pins out, pop out old pads, push pistons back, reload.

The only thing I can not do to my vehicles at this point is internal engine work, just don't have any experience with it yet but everything else I do myself.
Old Jul 4, 2011, 07:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Evos are expensive cars to own. If it's a wear item, it'll wear faster. If it's a maintenance item, it'll need more frequent service. Nothing here really sounds out of the ordinary other than your expectations; some of the others are right, the Evo may not be the right car for you.

If you keep the car invest in a decent set of tools and learn how to do the maintenance items and simple repairs yourself. Take the opportunity to use better parts though, there is no reason to overpay some shop for OEM replacement parts. Get nice brakes, get a stronger clutch, replace the downpipe with a 3" one, etc. Not only will this improve the car, chances are it will save you money, especially doing the work yourself.

Last edited by Kracka; Jul 4, 2011 at 07:37 PM.
Old Jul 5, 2011, 12:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
word.. you should really consider trading it OP
Old Jul 5, 2011, 01:15 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Evos are expensive cars even for those mechanically inclined. I recommend you purchase the sti if you are going to ( and sound like have been doing ) take the retarded blind owner route that just knows how to twist the key to start the " car " .
Either way I was just starting to feel like I have been spending too much on my evo lately possibly until I read this. thanks for cheering me up at least I guess