Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo 8 stutter

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2011, 03:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah that sounds like what is hapening!
Old Jul 14, 2011, 07:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Solidsn8ke
yeah that sounds like what is hapening!
Sounds like you need this tsb and I need an email addie...
Old Jul 24, 2011, 05:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by tiggeryellow1
Sounds like you need this tsb and I need an email addie...

Does this apply to the evo only, or the base model Lancers as well? I have a 03 OZ and am experiencing the exact same issue...just replaced coils, wires, and plugs...still have the same issue.

UPDATE: I adjusted my idle with SAS mode in evoscan and it solved the multiple misfire. I still had hesitation on the highway from time to time, and whenever the car had to work harder with the AC. I just threw a code 0715 the other night, and the car runs like a dogturd. Very slow acceleration, doesn't want to shift into overdrive, chirps the tires when you manually shift. I figured this out to be the transmission speed sensor. I wonder if this little pita sensor was starting to go over the last few months causing me the hesitation like the tranny was getting hiccups, i thought it was spark or fuel delivery. I just ordered the input and output sensor (the code doesn't tell you which one is bad, thanks mitsu) for $78 each from mitsubishiparts.net (dealership wanted 120 a pop). I'll update if this solves the rest of the issue with the hesitation/catching.

Last edited by jwick76; Sep 9, 2011 at 01:17 PM. Reason: update
Old Nov 7, 2011, 05:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello guys, something similar is happening to my 06. I am all stock. A while back I bought sparkplugs at AZ. The tech got me the "recommended" plugs for my car. I installed them, and while doing it, I did not pay attention to the ones I took out, just set them aside, and put in the new ones. Car was fine for a couple of days...then I started getting the p0300 errors. Only changed I had made was the plugs, so I started there, when I pulled the plugs out, and compare them to the stock, yup, not the same. Not AZ fault, I should have checked, but oh well, it was done. I had the original plugs, so in they went...had the error cleared by a buddy of mine, and for a while I thought I was gold. Then a couple of days later, as I am merging into traffic and get on her between 3500 and 4000 rpm, there its the stutter again!
I have ordered the plugs, coils and boots, but right now I do not have a warm and fuzzy about this.
This only happens when I step on it, I can cruise at any of these rpms without any issues. Thanks for the help guys.