Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

tire went out on me while driving on turnpike

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2011, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tire went out on me while driving on turnpike

Well while heading to work this afternoon, i jumped on the turnpike and started hauling ***. anywho as i started driving i noticed the car started making a strange sound i knew for sure it was a tire sound, plus i felt the car swaying to the left. i immediately pulled over while on the turnpike mind you South Florida drivers are horrible...

so i hop out of my evo, while in uniform mind you i work for the sheriff's office here, and i dont like people eyeing me while im in uniform to many people around here have a hatred for police or other uniformed individuals. i look at the tire i see no visible wear and the tire doesnt seem deflated. i then jump back into the car and start driving when i notice the car is doing this again, this time the sound was louder and the car was getting harder to manuver.

well i get off the nearest exit and then i called my father who was off today to come and lend a hand needless to say i was a idiot for not having the lug key or lock key, i waited for about 30 mins in the 90 plus degree heat for him to get there. after hearing him ***** and insult me for about a good 10 or so mins we then jacked the car up and changed out the wheel.

Just wanted to rant thanks for listening. heres a pic of the to keep you guys entertained

Old Jul 10, 2011, 01:45 PM
Evolving Member

That sucks, are you going have to replace all four tires now?
Old Jul 10, 2011, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

what brand tires, and how long have you been on them?
Old Jul 10, 2011, 01:50 PM
Evolved Member

No, i just went ahead and ordered a new one from tirerack. im going to just monitor the other tires more often now. Oh by the way for FTW the wheel was a Rota SVN and NO it didnt crack, bend, and snap in two pieces.. it held up to some extreme conditions today lol
Old Jul 10, 2011, 01:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Drifting Away
what brand tires, and how long have you been on them?
sumitumos hrz 2 , i've had the tires for awhile now, im not at my house so i couldnt tell you an exact date. but they've held up for a while now. mind you the car is only driven mostly on weekends or days off.
Old Jul 10, 2011, 03:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by donmeca2020
i work for the sheriff's office here, and i dont like people eyeing me while im in uniform
qft for real.
Old Jul 10, 2011, 05:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by FERNO
qft for real.

Sorry to hear about the tire. I'm sure my father would be pissed off too.
Old Jul 10, 2011, 06:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by FERNO
qft for real.
what exactly is that supposd to mean??? here in south florida if your a cop, or look like one you tend to have alotta of people looking to start trouble or pull a gun out
Old Jul 10, 2011, 06:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo8426

Sorry to hear about the tire. I'm sure my father would be pissed off too.
ahh it is what it is...
Old Jul 11, 2011, 11:20 AM
Evolved Member

Location: Clifton New Jersey Lived: Daytona Beach, Florida Lived: Port Orange, Florida
if ur only changing one are u gonna shave it down to be the same diameter as the others? or are they new enough to where they have little wear.

as for me i only hate cops when they are pulling me over to give me a ticket. other than that i think they are alright and brave to go out there with all the crazies running around.(of course big minus on the ones who are on power trips)

Last edited by Skylineracer; Jul 11, 2011 at 11:23 AM.
Old Jul 11, 2011, 12:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
sorry about the bad luck man, glad to hear you're ok. and "qft" is short for, qouted for truth
Old Jul 11, 2011, 01:41 PM

Why did your dad ***** and insult you? I would have told him to stfu lol. "Sorry I forgot the key, and something happened that was completely out of my control and i thought to call my father for help. Won't happen again, promise."

Glad you're ok though. If I saw an officer in an Evo around here I would have stopped to help without a second thought haha.
Old Jul 11, 2011, 01:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Skylineracer
if ur only changing one are u gonna shave it down to be the same diameter as the others? or are they new enough to where they have little wear.

as for me i only hate cops when they are pulling me over to give me a ticket. other than that i think they are alright and brave to go out there with all the crazies running around.(of course big minus on the ones who are on power trips)
i hear you, just here in the south florida area there is nothing but hatred for them here. and im not just talking about the ones giving tickets, im talking about the good ones as well. too many deputies as well as city police are being killed and and if not killed then badily injured. due to the fact that there just is no respect anymore especially around my area. also FTW im a civilian employee that is uniformed. i work in one of the broward county jails.

as for the tires im gonna inspect the rest more throughly tomorrow morning and make some judgement as to whether or not should i buy 3 more new ones and just get them all done plus a alignment as well.
Old Jul 11, 2011, 01:48 PM
Evolving Member

I'm glad everything is okay, good thing is that your tire didn't went out right on turnpike otherwise that would suck real bad.
Old Jul 11, 2011, 01:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mach Eight
Why did your dad ***** and insult you? I would have told him to stfu lol. "Sorry I forgot the key, and something happened that was completely out of my control and i thought to call my father for help. Won't happen again, promise."

Glad you're ok though. If I saw an officer in an Evo around here I would have stopped to help without a second thought haha.
thats how he is, he didnt mean it he came as soon as he could to help which he did. as for people stoping to help someone in uniform i had other police officers drive right by without stoping to see if i needed any assistance..... ashame really considering thats their duty to help citizens in need, regardless if its life threatening or not. i

Quick Reply: tire went out on me while driving on turnpike