Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Am I getting way too in over my head?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2011, 07:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
everything Smurf and Rockman say is the truth! trust these two guys
Old Aug 2, 2011, 08:17 PM
Evolving Member

Read this thread from the first page, a lot of good points made. But all in all, it all boils down to your priority in the present time. As already mentioned, if you are on a financial strain then you have to learn to stop modding esp if you are not going to use it, not easy to do but stay away from sites and forums coz they are temptations. With regards to your car/motor failing, if installation and tune is done right, maintenance is up to date and car is not abuse, it won't be an issue at all.

With regards to you getting tired of the car and getting an M3 or vette, that's not the solution to your problem esp if you are not financially stable. As already mentioned, these type of cars are money pit. I know coz I own an 08 X5 and almost bought an E46 and E92 M3, but changed my mind quickly after doing a lot of research, you need extra money to maintain these cars and maintenance is not cheap at all esp after the 2 yrs maintenance free is over. They are real nice and fast but does not have that raw power that the evo gives you when driving it spiritedly. I am 33 too with a baby and I never get bored with the evo, but I have a dd which is the RSX-S.

You just have to lay out your priorities, if you don't race and track, then you don't need to be insane fast and want to be faster than everybody in the street. Most of us goes through this stage, but whatever your decision is, hope it is the right thing for your situation and not end up regretting it.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 08:24 PM
Evolving Member

^ man what you said is true! I myself have to stay away from this forum makes me want a evo too much. this is my last post for awhile.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 04:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This place was like crack for me before I got my Evo (I had planned to get one in 03, but life gets in the way). I signed up in 03 and didn't get an Evo until almost 5 years later.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 07:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by FJF
Then, these aren't the folks selling their cars after a build, which was the point behind the post to which you replied. There are also some people who don't mind paying for new transmissions, new rods, new lifters, etc and claim to love every minute of the way there...until their cars are sold a year or two later.
EXACTLY!! What the heck is fun in shelling out a crap load of money to build a car you blew the hell up? Just so you can build it for much higher HP and worry about what you're going to break next because only an idiot would assume any build (regardless of cost) is bulletproof. I've seen countless cars for sale with "this is my baby and I hate to sell her, but after sinking $15k in parts into her my priorities have changed."

IMO the only ones allowed to be joyous about spending a bunch of money on their broken car are fools and Mister Moneybags. I don't mean that as an insult either. In this economy there are FAR more important things to worry about than blowing $10k+ on a $15k import!!
Old Aug 3, 2011, 09:39 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SmurfZilla
This place was like crack for me before I got my Evo (I had planned to get one in 03, but life gets in the way). I signed up in 03 and didn't get an Evo until almost 5 years later.
Same w/ me, my day is not complete when I don't check this place to see whats new, but my priorities in life changed, I am still a lot into cars but I could say that I am wiser in terms of what I need to purchase for the Evo, modding wise. Not the impulsive guy I use to be.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 02:40 PM

i too was on the 500hp quest and i got there sacrificing spool and a little smoothness and nice driveability. in the end id rather just go back to fp green. all these big number cars dont make any useable power its all way after 7k and sucks. who cares if you make 600hp at 8700 rpm? lol who drives like that when they arent racing?