Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

What color is in highest demand?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2011, 06:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a red one, and really for me its too showy, and says look at me too much. I'd defenitly have to go grey or blue.
Old Jul 23, 2011, 07:41 PM
Evolving Member

For me it would go WW, RR, tie between GG and EB, TB, AS, and then BBY
Old Jul 23, 2011, 08:08 PM
Evolving Member

WW, then BBY. You could keep RR and LY, everything else is ok. I have BBY. I love the WW with the red emblem. Aftermarket emblem I'm sure but it looks like no other on the WW. Imsure you've all seen it.
Old Jul 23, 2011, 09:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by thegoodservant
WW, then BBY. You could keep RR and LY, everything else is ok. I have BBY. I love the WW with the red emblem. Aftermarket emblem I'm sure but it looks like no other on the WW. Imsure you've all seen it.
Red emblem looks funky to me. I blacked out the face of my emblems and left the sides of it showing the chrome. Still can see the diamonds on the front and looks pretty good.
Old Jul 23, 2011, 11:20 PM
Evolving Member

I painted my emblem gunmetal to match my gunmetal wheels. I'd only like the red on white.

Originally Posted by evo8426
Red emblem looks funky to me. I blacked out the face of my emblems and left the sides of it showing the chrome. Still can see the diamonds on the front and looks pretty good.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 03:31 PM

Havent found my dream Evo IX yet. But it definitely be in this color order.
Whicked /Weightless White, Rally Red, Electric Blue, BBY, Apex Silver. The rest of the colors fall into the catagory of (colors id hate to have on this car, and would try to sell asap, if i had one.)
GG,LY and most of all TB

Some colors are just not for everyone. Of all the colors available. I honestly hate Tarmac Black .. Worst color to be had. That color hides all of the IXs sexy detail, and body lines..

Last edited by SwiftyMcVae; Jul 24, 2011 at 07:23 PM.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by ThatOneKid
I have a red one, and really for me its too showy, and says look at me too much. I'd defenitly have to go grey or blue.

This statement is soo true, its crazy. The first Evo that I ever drove was an 03 Rally red Evo. RR is right up there on my favorite color list. I drove maybe 30 seconds in it, and I had 4 boy racers wanting to race, and pretty much every car on the road was starring at it. RR is wayyyyy to flashy. But absolutely gorgeous when you see it all washed and cleaned. makes me all inside, when I think about it
Old Jul 24, 2011, 05:15 PM
Evolving Member

The dealer that I bought mine at recently said WW was the most popular color. He had 1 WW 2 silver and 2 black. I chose the silver because I've had white cars in the past and they are very difficult to keep clean, I was always using tar remover on it. My fav color is one they do not offer in the EVO. The "rotor glow" orange.
I know I'm different than everyone else but that would be my pick if it was offered
Old Jul 25, 2011, 12:47 AM

WW for sure is the hottest color
Old Jul 25, 2011, 03:20 AM
Evolved Member

Silver FTW
Old Jul 25, 2011, 08:04 AM

I've seen a lot Black and Silver evos, and also a few blues and reds, I've only seen 1 other white and it was a X not a IX, and then I've seen 1 yellow, but it looked like ****, made me die a little bit inside. (wasn't the color, the guy didnt take care of it and he halfassed the **** outta the exterior)

So i would say WW and LY are the most rare but thats just where I've been, on a side note I originally was looking for an EB evo, but I'm really glad I settled for the WW, I've kept the exterior very clean, repainted the centerpiece on the stock wing red and then rebadged the mitsu emblems red, black powder-coated stock enkeis and black polyurethane front lip, black JDM "EVOLUTION IX" on the back.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 10:22 AM
Evolved Member

For those of you that have heard from dealer's that WW is the most popular...

Keep in mind that quickest-selling is not necessarily the MOST sold.

I'd say that from what I have seen AS was the most sold, whereas dealers will say that WW's get snapped up immediately.

There were literally 10 people looking at my WW the day I bought it, and while I was doing the paperwork, some guy walked behind the dealership (150yds maybe), raised the hood, opened all four doors and the trunk, and was under the car looking around when I walked out, shut it and locked it, and told him it was not for sale.

Old Jul 25, 2011, 01:38 PM

I prefer the EB color, BUT when I bought my Evo IX which is WW they had a bunch of them, they had the EB, they also had a TB SE, two GG MR's, and the WW I went with. I origionally called about the EB one, but when I got there and saw the two side by side, my brother and I looked at each other and were like "white one", but only because the WW was in much nicer shape, EB is still my fav. color for the Evo, followed by the WW and i guess the GG but I see too many in GG.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 02:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by LightningCrossZ

So i would say WW and LY are the most rare but thats just where I've been, on a side note I originally was looking for an EB evo, but I'm really glad I settled for the WW, I've kept the exterior very clean, repainted the centerpiece on the stock wing red and then rebadged the mitsu emblems red, black powder-coated stock enkeis and black polyurethane front lip, black JDM "EVOLUTION IX" on the back.
You really did that stuff to your car? I guess I can't say much since its yours but I would hate to see it.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 04:28 PM
Evolved Member

BBY>EB in person. EB>BBY in pictures. I have both colors sitting in my driveway and BBY is so much more vibrant and eye catching (but not in a negative flashy way like the red).

Quick Reply: What color is in highest demand?