Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

What color is in highest demand?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2011, 12:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am curious to know which Evo color is everyone's favorite? Stock colors. Basically if you were going to buy one which color would you want. Silver, Red, Black. Blue. White. Charcoal, Yellow?
Old Jul 21, 2011, 12:57 PM
Evolved Member

White was in the highest demand for me, because that is what I wanted.

The car in the highest demand is the one that the buyer wants at the time, IMO.

Since we can't buy CT9A's new, most people will make a list. 1st choice, 2nd choice, 3rd choice... down to: wouldn't take it if it were free.

That said, at shows and such, blue seems to get a lot of attention because it's rare.

WW, GG, AS are my favorites. Blue is good if it's clean. I would "settle" for yellow. Black and red get a pass from me. I bought a black Evo, considered painting it white, but ultimately sold it and bought a white IX the same day. And I made concessions on the WW car that I would not have made if it were not white.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 01:00 PM
Evolving Member

Well yea your right. Its just it seems to me that RED ones are like a color everyone loves. Yellow not so much.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 01:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I always hear people that have an Evo say they wanted White but couldn't find one. I went with White, but in the future I would not mind having a Electric Blue or a Lightening Yellow as a second car.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 01:07 PM
Evolving Member

Yellow is probably the rarest color, mabye the people that hate the yellow evo are just jealous because they don't have it haha.
For me if I get another evo I'll definently want a blue one. Red is on the bottom of my list, along with AS. I would settle for black and white though.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 01:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by EvoTeyn
Yellow is probably the rarest color, mabye the people that hate the yellow evo are just jealous because they don't have it haha.
For me if I get another evo I'll definently want a blue one. Red is on the bottom of my list, along with AS. I would settle for black and white though.
My order would go White, Electric Blue, Yellow, BBY, Red, Gray, Black, and last Silver
Old Jul 21, 2011, 01:18 PM

The number one color for X's at my dealership is White. Then gray. We sold 5 white ones we had in stock in one week. The last shipment of evo's we ordered was like 20 white 20 gray, And 10 mixed of other colors. At least in North Jersey.

I think this info could somewhat translate into what the preference was for IX's. "Couldn't find a white one comment" Maybe because they were selling as fast as the 10's.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 01:25 PM

i have to say that, white is the color for me talk about turning heads with a clean WW evo 9
Old Jul 21, 2011, 01:30 PM
Evolving Member

Lol Wow no one really likes red lol. My favorite is white also I've had a black one and there very nice. I currently own a silver one and its clean but i hate silver. My next one will be red or white.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 01:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MikePL
The number one color for X's at my dealership is White. Then gray. We sold 5 white ones we had in stock in one week. The last shipment of evo's we ordered was like 20 white 20 gray, And 10 mixed of other colors. At least in North Jersey.

I think this info could somewhat translate into what the preference was for IX's. "Couldn't find a white one comment" Maybe because they were selling as fast as the 10's.
How bad is the shortage with the evo's since there was an earthquake? Or did this not affect anything?
Old Jul 21, 2011, 01:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I LOVE the tarmac black color. It's exactly what I wanted. If you look closely in the sunlight it has almost a blue mica fleck that make it look blue/black.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 01:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
i like black over white -- which i have now.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 01:46 PM

I think white is in highest demand, I was looking for a white evo but they were too overpriced and a lot of them had higher miles for the same price as the ones with lower miles. I settled for a 2006 TB IX SE
Old Jul 21, 2011, 01:46 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by blackenedwings
I LOVE the tarmac black color. It's exactly what I wanted. If you look closely in the sunlight it has almost a blue mica fleck that make it look blue/black.
It is metallic ya know
Old Jul 21, 2011, 02:00 PM

Wicked White all the way.

Quick Reply: What color is in highest demand?