Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

electrical issues?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2011, 09:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
electrical issues?

Just had a built 2.0 done however the car is on stock ecu. The car starts drives runs idles bbut here and there will go whack like the ecu has a mind of its own. Something is wrong wwith fuel and voltage. There is a mini battery in there but my opinions is bigger battery maybe, or just bad gas that's been in there. I don't know what the exact issues are but the car seems to have a mind of its own. The plave I went to tried hooking up aem to see iif they can find the issue but it can't connect to the serial port... Fried ecu? Any ideas?
Old Jul 26, 2011, 12:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Check all your ground wires are secure and the battery is getting a good connection. Check your wiring for the ecu and make sure it has not had water intrustion in that area (some had this issue in the past)

Can you log? This may give you some insight as to what is happening. Do you get any CELs?
Old Jul 26, 2011, 12:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sorry to be confused but. In the start of the paragraph you said it has a stock ECU, but later you said the shop was hooking up an AEM.

Do you have a stock ecu or not? also any check engine lights at all?
Did you do a proper idle learn/reset?
Old Jul 26, 2011, 02:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys sorry for the confusion. There is stock ecu in it. And I'll have more details later. Aparently the car starts fine but the load is 100% at idle... No cels or anything. More details later. Sorry at work. But aem was plugged in to check for problems but couldn't connect to the serial port