Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Floor Mats for the ride

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2011, 10:55 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Floor Mats for the ride

Ok - so I've hated on the factory floor mats for a while. They aren't bad, but not really made to last (heel wears the drivers side away)
So I started looking around and I seriously want to get something of good quality that will last...and not just last a few nights.
Bottom line is good quality for good price.

So I started looking around -

1) Works makes what appears to be a good quality mat and they even do a rear trunk mat which I like a lot.
However to get all four total $190 plus there is shipping (if you catch it when their sight is down when ordering online, you get 10% off. Making it $189 plus shipping), the truck mat is just as much as the fronts, plus they say WORKS on them (if it was Evolution then I'd be more for paying for this because of the custom). I think this disqualifies them for being WAAAAAY too expensive.

2) WeatherTech isn't going to be carpet, plus you need to cut them to your own size and in my book that basically disqualifies them. Price for front and rears is $99 and if you want the cut your own rear trunk mat you can get it for $49.

3) GG Bailey Looks like it could be a contender. You can design your own color (base is $95), edge color/type, add a heal pad (adds $10), add embroidery or logo (adds $20). I tried a charcoal mat, with a black serging edge, a rectangle heal pad in black, and black block lettering with "Mitsubishi" on drivers side and "Evolution" on the passenger side. Total was $125 plus shipping. They can send out carpet swatches if you want - you just pay S&H. I had to call to find out about the weight of the carpet they use on these mats - it is 22/24oz of material. A bit less than the others in this write-up, but they are a bit more custom than others. They also claim they were the innovators for everything that is about safety and quality in mats. Also made in USA and the Swiss!

4) Intro-Tech Auto could be another contender. They offer designer mats, super plush mat, and a berber mat - all with a lifetime warranty. I'm digging the lifetime warranty and made in the USA. I saw the designer mats and berber on AutoAnything. The designer mats are $134.94/free shipping and have a 32 oz. Polypropylene carpet with a trade-marked Double Tufted Hidden Heel Pad.
The berber is $129.95/free shipping and have a 42 oz. luxurious polypropylene carpet, woven in a fresh and visually inviting design and are 100% colorfast with easy soap and water clean up.
Currently AutoAnything is offering $50 off orders of $350 or more. So that could help if a couple of people went in which would be about $16 off the entire purchase.
The super plush mat I found on FloormatExpress for $154/shipping or PerformanceParts4less for $118/shipping (this seems really cheap) and these have a 54 oz. Nylon twisted yarn carpet with "take your shoes off and go for a drive" comfort.

5) Lloyd Mats are the last of the contenders I found. They offer Luxe, Ultimat, and Truberber and all 3 are made in the USA (they had a heavy plush but it isn't fully custom in fit so I say that ones out.) The Luxe mats are lifetime warranty and are their highest quality and have a yarn weight of 48oz a yard and 1/2" of filamnet nylon - cost is $179.10/free shipping. The Ultimat mats are 5yr warranty, are two ply nylon with a yarn weight of 32oz and are 5/16" of filament nylon - cost is $112.41/free shipping. The last is the Truberber mats are 5yr warranty, are a poly/nylon blend and have a yarn weight of 48oz a yard - cost is $149.90/free shipping.
All prices are @ KBCarStuff and they have till end of month a 15% off orders of $250 or more.

Anyone else have any thought?

Last edited by Joey B; Aug 19, 2011 at 02:59 PM.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 10:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Touge Factory:

http://shop.tougefactory.com/product...Evo-7-8-9.html

Heard they still can wear, so i plan on getting them with some kind of aluminum heel plate.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 12:26 PM
Evolving Member

Has anyone tried those? ^^
Old Aug 12, 2011, 12:28 PM
Evolving Member

A local guy/friend here in WA has - Ryan.Kauz

I'll send him a link to this for him to comment on them -
Old Aug 12, 2011, 12:53 PM

They dont say "evolution" on them, but the OEM all season rubber ones are where its at...They'll last for a very long time.

I can take pics if you'd like.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 01:17 PM
Evolving Member

thanks Joey
Old Aug 12, 2011, 01:36 PM
Evolving Member

Welcome katchup -
Old Aug 15, 2011, 09:05 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Joey B
A local guy/friend here in WA has - Ryan.Kauz

I'll send him a link to this for him to comment on them -

Overall the Touge factory mats are good. For the price.

However the "bumps" on the back arent really spikes, more like small pimples that really dont do anything.

Also, the backing on my set cracked within 4 months and the carpet wasnt a long-term solution.

I thought about getting a second set for shows or meets and swapping them out, but realized thats pretty gay. Ultimately I offed the Touge Factory mats and went with OEM.

Fair disclosure: Touge Factory was really great to work with, and as I bought the car used without any floor mats I needed a solution quickly.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 10:11 AM
Evolving Member

thanks, ill jsut order new oem!
Old Aug 15, 2011, 10:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
if you order OEM i'd find a local tailoring shop who can maybe sew in a rubber portion. I'm thinking of doing this as I've had mine for ~6k now (granted I daily the car) and they are already matted down where my heel rests. It's rather disappointing how "crappy" the OEM mats are.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 11:11 AM
Evolving Member

I bought the works mats. They are really good quality and tey don't move around nearly as much as the oem due to the fact they are slightly bigger than the stock mats so they fit into the footwell better. Yes they are pretty expensive but the quality is top notch, plus you can clean them like any other carpet. Dirt doesn't stick to them nearly as bad as the stockers.

Now for thpe bad, mine don't have wear marks in them but I can see the early signs on the drvers side. I steam cleaned them and it looks like it rejuvinated the carpet (I'm guessing they use higher quality fabrics) and like the O.P. said they don't come with evolution written in them which sucks. But I don't regret getting them at all. They actually are sitting on top of my other stock mats and they don't move at all. I know a lot of people might flame this post bc its cosmetic. But I'm all for having some comfort and quality with my performance lol. If I could buy PLUSH luxury car-like carpet I deff would. My porsche had it and was quiet smooth powerful and LIGHT.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 12:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by bcrance13
They dont say "evolution" on them, but the OEM all season rubber ones are where its at...They'll last for a very long time.

I can take pics if you'd like.
A very long time sounds good to me. Pic please.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 07:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by wasFWDnowAWD
Touge Factory:

http://shop.tougefactory.com/product...Evo-7-8-9.html

Heard they still can wear, so i plan on getting them with some kind of aluminum heel plate.
I had Momo aluminum heel plates on stock floor mats and it was a pain to drive with them sliding around all the time. I ended up going with all season rubber Michelin floor mats, because they actually stick to the carpet and don't move around while my foot is on and off the clutch.

I never found a set of summer floor mats (fabric) that stayed in place while driving even with the hook. I don't think evos were meant to have floor mats!
Old Aug 18, 2011, 09:25 PM

i like the factory ones :/
Old Aug 18, 2011, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by dylan_EVO_VIII
i like the factory ones :/
Yep!

Quick Reply: Floor Mats for the ride