Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Have a problem

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2011, 08:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Have a problem

Okay my seatbelts light the srs light is still on. Now I had my seatbelts reset but I plugged them in then connected the battery. I go to sit in the car my seatbelts lock. Once in awhile my drivers seatbelt has a hard time retracting and I had the passenger side reset and its still locked.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 11:28 AM
Evolved Member

If the car has been in an accident, chances are youre going to have to change out the seat belts.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 09:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by turbotalawd
If the car has been in an accident, chances are youre going to have to change out the seat belts.
Yes I have the seatbelts were a problem before but I sent the seatbelts out to get reset. Now instead of them being loose and not retracting now they are just stuck in the rolled up position wtf is goin on the car dont want me anymore or something lol? what gives?
Old Aug 15, 2011, 09:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by impact blue
Yes I have the seatbelts were a problem before but I sent the seatbelts out to get reset. Now instead of them being loose and not retracting now they are just stuck in the rolled up position wtf is goin on the car dont want me anymore or something lol? what gives?
Reset? Aren't they pyro's on the belts. The inertia switch was activated, you can use them as regular belts but the SRS will never go out.

But first, scan the SRS light and see.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 07:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4RETECH
Reset? Aren't they pyro's on the belts. The inertia switch was activated, you can use them as regular belts but the SRS will never go out.

But first, scan the SRS light and see.
how do i scan the srs light?
Old Aug 16, 2011, 07:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by impact blue
how do i scan the srs light?
Dealer or Body Shop usually
Old Aug 16, 2011, 08:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Also, any shop with a good scanner. I have used the snap on solus pro to scan abs and air bag stuff.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 08:49 PM
Evolved Member

Okay I understand what your saying guys I will definitely try to do what I can amazingly the seatbelts are now working again. Except the passenger side and I just recently had the passenger side reset.

Where are the plugs that plug into the airbags? I know there is one into the dashboard,theres one in under the steeringwheel and one on each seatbelt which I both connected. Now what?
Old Aug 16, 2011, 09:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think your best bet will be to bring the car to a dealer so they can scan the srs code so you know exactly what is happening. Once you know what the code is, come back and post it here for help troubleshooting it.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 09:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think there is an wiring connector under the seat for the seat belt warning buzzer or something, that gives you the emblem on the dash if you drive without a seat belt. Sometimes those connections get loose. Look under your seat and disconnect, clean and reconnect any wiring connections going to your seat belt.