Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Getting tuned @ CBRD 9/10/11

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2011, 02:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bbyevo8u
it should be closer to 300whp if his evo is healthy..

A stock Evo VIII did 187hp on the CBRD dyno for reference.
Old Aug 20, 2011, 03:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Craig King
A stock Evo VIII did 187hp on the CBRD dyno for reference.
187 stock? Damn wtf haha
Old Aug 22, 2011, 03:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was able to do 287 with the mods listed below on the CBRD dyno. They will most def take very good care of your car. Numbers are just that as long as you can feel the difference and is realiable. CBRD FTW !!!!
Old Aug 22, 2011, 07:43 AM

In light of Chad's explanation of why 90% of cars that he tunes have boost leaks coming in the door, as well as blowing through 100s of pages on here about people having boost leaks, I ordered a few parts...

Mil.Spec t.body shaft seals & t.body gasket
Forge DV
Complete t-bolt clamp set
OEM injector o-rings

Parts should be here Wednesday, installed Thurday night, and pressure tested. I want the car to be 100%, as well as make it very easy for Chad.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 08:38 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
03-04 evo 8's make 185-200 on our dyno, 05's usually 200-220, and 06's around 225-

for reference

but weather also affects that (and the quality of the fuel)

if you make AROUND 300whp on our dyno with bolt ons, youre doing pretty good

cheers

CB
Old Aug 22, 2011, 01:04 PM

Just for good measure, after I do the throttle body gasket, shaft gaskets, injector o-rings, and the new DV...when i'm pressure testing, where are some other common areas that I should be paying close attention to when checking for boost leaks? I've read about the upper IC pipe clamp and the EGR hose. Any other places my eyes and ears should be searching?
Old Aug 23, 2011, 07:44 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by dleight
Just for good measure, after I do the throttle body gasket, shaft gaskets, injector o-rings, and the new DV...when i'm pressure testing, where are some other common areas that I should be paying close attention to when checking for boost leaks? I've read about the upper IC pipe clamp and the EGR hose. Any other places my eyes and ears should be searching?
those EGR lines are very problematic-

we recommend double ziptieing them-

also- FPR hose- (i dont like to see gauges sharing this line)

CB
Old Aug 23, 2011, 01:01 PM

Cool, i'll check it out. I'm quite sure I have some sort of a boost leak, boost is erratic. If it's warm outside, the car has no *** what-so-ever. On a nice cool night, she runs tip top without a hitch.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 01:04 PM

Boost holding-wise im talking about.
If it's warm, she'll spike 21, then drop to 15, then hold at about 16 or 17...feels like a turd.

If it's cool, she'll hit 21 and hold at 20 till about 7k.

I'm assuming the much more dense air is making up for most of a boost leak.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 04:57 AM

Update: 08/26/2011

Took the car to my friend's shop last night to check for boost leaks. I still have not received my parts yet, but I still wanted to boost leak test it. Problem is, he did not have the correct equipment to pressurize and regulate the system like we thought he did. What we did do was smoke test it. The smoke machine pressurizes to 7psi max, and it held 7psi with no smoking at all. Glad to see I dont have any OBVIOUS leaks, like an EGR hose. I'm almost certain my throttle shaft seals are leaking, because the throttle is getting hung up sometimes and takes a while for the revs to come back down. Either way, when my seals and Forge DV get here sometime next week, we'll slap em on, and the car should pull 100% better.
Old Sep 10, 2011, 09:42 AM

I was really looking forward to today, but unfortunately i was let down by Chad and CBRD. my friend and I woke up early this morning to make the hike to CBRD. On the road at 7am and pulled into an empty CBRD parking lot at 9am. No one was there. Waited till 11, still no one there, so we drove all the way back home. Needless to say I m very upset and unhappy with my first and most likely last experience with CBRD. Not sure what happened, but I made this appointment 3 weeks ago with Chad over the phone. I felt confident that this guy take himself, his business, and his customers seriously. I am very unhappy with this whole situation, especially since i had to take off work today for this. Not sure what the next step is on his part, but it needs to be communication on your behalf, and not on these forums.
Old Sep 10, 2011, 10:04 AM
Evolving Member

sucks to here that .. hopefully you guys end up working something out... good luck
Old Sep 10, 2011, 10:37 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by dleight
I was really looking forward to today, but unfortunately i was let down by Chad and CBRD. my friend and I woke up early this morning to make the hike to CBRD. On the road at 7am and pulled into an empty CBRD parking lot at 9am. No one was there. Waited till 11, still no one there, so we drove all the way back home. Needless to say I m very upset and unhappy with my first and most likely last experience with CBRD. Not sure what happened, but I made this appointment 3 weeks ago with Chad over the phone. I felt confident that this guy take himself, his business, and his customers seriously. I am very unhappy with this whole situation, especially since i had to take off work today for this. Not sure what the next step is on his part, but it needs to be communication on your behalf, and not on these forums.
Cool your jets, turbo. Chad and CBRD are a top notch business. I'm 100% sure he'll follow-up with you directly and eventually on the forums, but they had to evacuate due to the flooding caused by tropical storm Lee. I'm willing to bet his family came first, so he forgot to let everyone in his dyno calendar know he had to bail for a few days.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_953705.html

Relax, dude.

Last edited by golgo13; Sep 10, 2011 at 10:47 AM.
Old Sep 10, 2011, 04:08 PM
Evolved Member

You will be taken care of, mistakes happen. You are dealing with a shop with an excellent reputation with stand up guys. We had horrible flooding in this area over the past week on top of their dyno computer crashing. Mid last week you would need a ferry to get your car there for a tune. Make your second trip up there and you will not regret it.
Old Sep 10, 2011, 04:59 PM
Former Sponsor

You are in good hands with Chad. I look at him as a friend for a reason and I am very picky who I call friends

Mikey

Quick Reply: Getting tuned @ CBRD 9/10/11