Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Who here would like to see Vishnu vs DynoFlash in Sport Compact Car?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2004, 01:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They should post comments on each other in the mag....that will be funny
Attached Images  
Old Jan 2, 2004, 06:17 AM
Evolving Member

I think it's an excellent idea! Would love to see such a face off and I bet that after it is all said and done, no matter who wins the "shoot out" that Al and Shiv would have a new found respect for each other and maybe even walk away, dare I say it Friends!! And both of them might even learn something they didn't know, which is good for us!! Let's get it on!!!!!!!
John
Old Jan 2, 2004, 07:39 AM
Evolving Member

I'm not soo keen on the feud between Al & Shiv, but I definitely support having all tuners participating that wish to do so. In the end, I'm more interested in the car than in the politics.
Old Jan 2, 2004, 07:44 AM
Evolving Member

It sounds like a great idea, as long as the organizers can keep it under control.
Old Jan 2, 2004, 07:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 61 Likes on 46 Posts
Count me and my dad in for 2 votes ....
Old Jan 2, 2004, 08:05 AM

what you guys dont understand is that the SCC testing is going to be done by a proffesional driver. The tuners are just showing up with there cars and handing over the keys. So it wont really be a great comparison between the two.
Old Jan 2, 2004, 08:10 AM
MP5
In Timeout

Mr. Jacquot if your actually reading this I would like to commend your decision of includinf ALL the major tuners of the new USDM EVO. The petition for Al Freidman to enter the upcoming tuner challenge is a compliment from his clients, but the fact remains the field you have assembled is of the finest in the country. These are tuners with years of service in the industry and a good sampling from different fields of racing. In other words they have earned a challenge among the other elite in the field. Mr Friedman has come to fame by enlisting some of the very tuners you are featuring to help build his current and past offering.
This is the actual difference and should be noted. Mr. Feidman has declared himself a tuner only four short months ago.

I feel that his entry would actually be much closer to a customer car than actually a staged, on the market tuner car that the other gentlemen will be displaying. As you have already summized this will bring prosperity to the competing tuners as well as increased sales and marketing in your magazine. If Mr. Friedman is allowed to participate against the top tuning shops then many customers would love being placed in the company of such tuners that took years of hard work to get invited to sit at the table with the others

Last edited by MP5; Jan 2, 2004 at 08:19 AM.
Old Jan 2, 2004, 08:18 AM
In Timeout

I feel the same way.

Originally posted by MP5
Mr. Jacquot if your actually reading this I would like to commend your decision of includinf ALL the major tuners of the new USDM EVO. The petition for Al Freidman to enter the upcoming tuner challenge is a compliment from his clients, but the fact remains the field you have assembled is of the finest in the country. These are tuners with years of service in the industry and a good sampling from different fields of racing. In other words they have earned a challenge among the other elite in the field. Mr Friedman has certainly bankrolled some impressive projects but the fact remains he has been tuning cars for the better part of four months.

I feel that his entry would actually be much closer to a customer car than actually a staged, on the market tuner car that the other gentlemen will be displaying. As you have already summized this will bring prosperity to the competing tuners as well as increased sales and marketing in your magazine. If Mr. Friedman is allowed to participate against the top tuning shops then many customers would love being placed in the company of such tuners that took years of hard work to get invited to sit at the table with the others
Old Jan 2, 2004, 08:21 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by juyanith
I'm not soo keen on the feud between Al & Shiv, but I definitely support having all tuners participating that wish to do so. In the end, I'm more interested in the car than in the politics.
ditto for me - enjoy the reading - could care less about the fueding.
Old Jan 2, 2004, 08:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I want to see how AL would compare to the veteran Tuners. I think AL would spank them...
Old Jan 2, 2004, 08:27 AM
In Timeout

I think your crazy. Al spent the money he does not even have a shop man. I am sure any of the other tuners can do what Al did, but they are testing there stuff 1st. All Al did was spend a lot of money, that's the easy part.

Originally posted by badlooser
I want to see how AL would compare to the veteran Tuners. I think AL would spank them...
Old Jan 2, 2004, 08:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That is my point.. We need Him to go to the Shootout... it is time to put up or shut up...
Old Jan 2, 2004, 08:40 AM
Evolved Member

Love to see a Dynoflashed car verses a Vishnu car in SCC.
Old Jan 2, 2004, 09:46 AM
Evolved Member

that would be awesome!!! i love sport compact car magazine... plus, if the magazine did a shootout then i would probably be able to make up my mind about which company i want to go with
Old Jan 2, 2004, 10:17 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
To start things off I want to say that I have great respect for RMR and their products but if you are going to say this abou Al, and I agree that he is relatively new to the market as far as being an official tuner goes,
I feel that his entry would actually be much closer to a customer car than actually a staged, on the market tuner car that the other gentlemen will be displaying
What about a few months ago when a magazing had a little Evo tuner battle and RMR brought their Evo VII skinned as an Evo VIII to the plate, that just seemed a little pointless imo, sure it did showcase their parts but it really didn't offer a good example of a realworld situation. These magazine "shootouts" seem thrown together at times to me. RMR and Al do know I respect you guys greatly and either currently or am planning to run your products.

mitsuorder