Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Who here would like to see Vishnu vs DynoFlash in Sport Compact Car?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2004, 10:20 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think it would be great to see them on a even playin field and see who comes out on top.
Old Jan 2, 2004, 12:21 PM
Evolving Member

I agree. The more tuners as they can bring in, the better!

One point about "even playing field" though, that I think gets missed in about 90% of the magazine comparison tests: tires. Anyone who's done much autocrossing or track days knows that tires are often the biggest factor in handling. Some tuners (with more money) will show up with Hoosiers mounted, while another one might just have aggressive street rubber. Then, we'll get to be amazed at how the Hoosier-equipped car pulled 1.05 lateral G's. Come on.. make em all run on stock Advans!

Or is this just a drag strip test? (yawn)
Old Jan 2, 2004, 12:38 PM
Evolving Member

Need Works to join the battle...
Old Jan 2, 2004, 12:45 PM
LDB
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fantastic idea! Don't stop with just two! Get as many as possible and make it a blowout like no one has ever seen before!
Old Jan 2, 2004, 12:50 PM
Evolved Member

Unless I'm mistaken, over a dozen tuning shops were invited to the EVO shootout. Due to logistics (readiness of the car, work schedule, travel, last minute problems, etc,.) probably only a handful will actually show up when the day comes. For example, I believe only 2 out of the 12 cars that were scheduled to be in the last Ultimate Streetcar Shootout actually came to the event. The rest were all stand-bys that were called last-minute to fill in the blanks.

Cheers,
Shiv
Old Jan 2, 2004, 01:11 PM
Evolving Member

Buschur too!
Old Jan 2, 2004, 01:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by shiv@vishnu
Unless I'm mistaken, over a dozen tuning shops were invited to the EVO shootout. Due to logistics (readiness of the car, work schedule, travel, last minute problems, etc,.) probably only a handful will actually show up when the day comes. For example, I believe only 2 out of the 12 cars that were scheduled to be in the last Ultimate Streetcar Shootout actually came to the event. The rest were all stand-bys that were called last-minute to fill in the blanks.

Cheers,
Shiv
Shiv,

When you do stuff like this, call "C" at TokyoPop in L.A. He helps produce series of cult films covering mostly japanese import here in the U.S. (From car shows to illegal street racing to tuners lilke you). He likes this kind of stuff in his films.

Carlton Lewis (not the trackstar) TokyoPop 5900 Wilshire Blvd. L.A. 90036, 323-692-6700, CarltonL@tokyopop.com

Nice banter and competition - with you and Al going at it. It's got to be good for business. CIP - Confusion is Profit. You guys got style!

Good Luck!
Old Jan 2, 2004, 01:23 PM
Evolved Member

I would love to see this...!!!
Old Jan 3, 2004, 11:32 AM
JWA
Evolving Member

Old Jan 3, 2004, 01:11 PM
Account Disabled

Originally posted by shiv@vishnu

Cheers,
Shiv
Despite the fact that I was willing to do an amazing feat and drive my evo 3,000 MILES to the event and back - to show what a daily driver tuner evo can do - driving through rocky mountain snow in the winter time - and then going a 10 second time on the drag strip

AND - being the world's quickest evo 8 to date - -

SCC won't let me into the event - and won't return my calls

I am sure it has nothing to do with the fact that Shiv and Josh are buddy / buddy ?????

Anyway - If they wont let me in its Their loss - I think a 10 second car driving 3,000 miles would make a good story

If they wont let me in - I am going to organize an OPEN Evo tuner shootout for March or April which will allow ALL evo tuners in the US to compete so we can get an unbiased contest - NOT just reading the reviews of advertisers and buddies of SCC editors

Trust me - there is more to the world of Evo performance than the buddies of SCC
Old Jan 3, 2004, 01:22 PM
LDB
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Now it sounds like time to start bombarding the SCC mailboxes with requests to know why they won't give their readership a complete story. Maybe if they hear from enough of us that are unhappy they will do it right.

Originally posted by DynoFlash
Despite the fact that I was willing to do an amazing feat and drive my evo 3,000 MILES to the event and back - to show what a daily driver tuner evo can do - driving through rocky mountain snow in the winter time - and then going a 10 second time on the drag strip

AND - being the world's quickest evo 8 to date - -

SCC won't let me into the event - and won't return my calls

I am sure it has nothing to do with the fact that Shiv and Josh are buddy / buddy ?????

Anyway - If they wont let me in its Their loss - I think a 10 second car driving 3,000 miles would make a good story

If they wont let me in - I am going to organize an OPEN Evo tuner shootout for March or April which will allow ALL evo tuners in the US to compete so we can get an unbiased contest - NOT just reading the reviews of advertisers and buddies of SCC editors

Trust me - there is more to the world of Evo performance than the buddies of SCC
Old Jan 3, 2004, 01:58 PM
Evolved Member

What exactly does Dynoflash make? What parts do they (or rather, does he) manufacture? It seems to me that this is the starting point for understanding which businesses do and don't make the cut for an event like this.

Would including Dynoflash (Al) mean that every retailer parts dealer and/or journeyman tuner is included?

I honestly couldn't care less one way or another, but food for thought nonetheless.

-- DavidV
Old Jan 3, 2004, 02:05 PM
MP5
In Timeout

Originally posted by DavidV@WORKS
What exactly does Dynoflash make? What parts do they (or rather, does he) manufacture? It seems to me that this is the starting point for understanding which businesses do and don't make the cut for an event like this.

Would including Dynoflash (Al) mean that every retailer parts dealer and/or journeyman tuner is included?

I honestly couldn't care less one way or another, but food for thought nonetheless.

-- DavidV
Absolutely the very basis of what Ive been trying to say
Old Jan 3, 2004, 02:08 PM
Evolved Member

Don't bother Davids [haha, both of you have the same name ]. Al has a remarkable way of twisting the truth to paint his own picture of reality. Soon, he'll be arguing that the tuning shops that were invited to the test are trying to keep him out of the competition. Al- you crack me up. You're always looking for excuses as to why you're not taken seriously. FWIW, I do hope you come. Just make sure you pack a bit more hp under the hood

shiv

Last edited by shiv@vishnu; Jan 3, 2004 at 02:16 PM.
Old Jan 3, 2004, 02:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by DavidV@WORKS

-- DavidV
BINGO!!!
in his theory All Wheel Engineering,LLc ( Kartboy) should be alowed to compete in the event. Hell we make more parts than he does

Tom