Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

CAMS and emissions

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2004, 10:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CAMS and emissions

For those running aftermarket cams, and possibly feedback fromthe vendors that sell them: Should there be any concern about CAMS causing a car to not pass california emissions testing? I know that the parts are not CARB legal, which is of no concern to me. I just want to make sure before I make a cam purchase that they will pass emissions. Feedback please.

Percy
Old Jan 1, 2004, 11:46 PM

Don't count on getting aftermarket cams and still pass emissions. Im not 100% sure but I do beleive you will fail. Pay someone off at your local Jiffy Lube to pass you - theres a viable solution!
Old Jan 2, 2004, 07:27 AM
Evolved Member

that is why i'm glad jersey went with that new 4yr inspection on brand new cars...... so you can tinker with it and don't have to worry for quite a few years
Old Jan 2, 2004, 07:35 AM
In Timeout

In georgia all they do is check for a CEL and I don't have that so I will pass.
Old Jan 4, 2004, 07:45 AM

If you want to pass California emissions, don't install cams you'll fail. I was at RMR's shop last week and brought up the same question about cams. Eric (RMR) said any cam upgrade would fail the sniff test, they have smog tested upgraded cars with cams. You can always put your stock ones back in every two years... what a pain in the *** though.