Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

help with idling issues upon aircon on.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2011, 02:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
help with idling issues upon aircon on.

i am having an issue with my idling. i am using kelford 272 cams and recently got my car tuned.

without the aircon ON, i can hear a very nice distinctive cams lope.

But upon activation of aircon the rpm increases and the cams loping faded completely (sounds like stock completely). Basically the rpm goes high a little and gets back to idle rpm(with cams lope) and goes back high again.

it kinda gets into me everytime i stop my car on the traffic. my tuner told me its the iac faulty so i got my IAC replaced, did boost leak test and the problem is still there.

have you guys encountered this before? please advise thanks!
Old Aug 24, 2011, 09:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome to the b-e-autiful world of a cammed vehicle. Just about every vehicle I have owned has done this when cammed because of the extra drag the ac comp is putting on the engine it is struggling to stay running. But at least yours runs the way mine is tuned if im sitting at idle and turn the ac on the car dies from the low idle. I've also had them do as your describing and idle up higher but the lope goes away. My advice just roll the windows down and enjoy the lope cuz you will never have the best of both worlds. The only way to fix the issue is to raise your set idle but you will no longer hear them lope with the ac off.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 05:48 PM
Evolving Member

I just fixed this problem on my car. I had to replace the throttle body servo kit.

oem PT#1450A069
paid with tax $425 WTF!!!!

I could not reverse without the car shutting down. idle would go up and down off throttle.. I was ready to kill my car. now its perfect.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 04:50 AM

crap! i hate my idle
Old Aug 26, 2011, 05:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Did you check for any boost leaks? It could be just that. Its hard to get a/c working ok with cams. You will most likely never have a loppy idle with the a/c on and cams if you don't want the car to stall all the time.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 06:43 AM

I have a similar problem, only mine dies out sometimes when the rpms drop from 3k or so back to idle. I have M2's, a good tune and the quarter master 8 leg twin. I think the clutch is too light for the computer to catch the idle. Anyone have any side thoughts on that?
Old Aug 26, 2011, 07:48 AM
Evolved Member

you can change both idles with a tactix...but i agree with awdordie, the lope wont be the same with the AC on
Old Aug 27, 2011, 08:24 AM

so am i right to say... with the aircon on. you will never hear cams lope ?

i have a friend who is using cossie 272 with aircon on its still loping hard.
Old Aug 27, 2011, 09:18 AM
Evolving Member

I have a Kelford 272 cams too and yes doing the same thing, its not lopping when A/C is on.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 03:43 AM

after soooooo lonnnnggg i managed to settle the issue.. the issue comes from my solid lifter.. have since changed the lifter and the cams looping is back with A/C on babeehhh!!